Author Topic: Starcraft 2  (Read 9231 times)

Offline Dark-hobo

• Sailor Scout
Starcraft 2
« on: May 19, 2007, 01:16:07 pm »
... *ahem*
OMGWTFBBQROFLCOPTERZLOLLERSKATEZANDANYOTHERSTUPIDACRONYMNICANTHINKOF

www.Starcraft2.com found out about this yesterday and seeing as how it is my favorite RTS ever and in the top 10 best games ever made I figured there might be a few others interested in this GIANT nugget of info.

" We must run from this... this hobo, this hobo that is dark" - General Volgun "The hobo Hunter" Opwusa

-goggle squad member

Put your hands on your hi

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
Starcraft 2
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 07:44:02 pm »
I just found out about this one too.....I'll have a pre-order and be sitting at the store opening day......I can't wait
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Starcraft 2
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 09:04:53 pm »
kendo boyfriend was like "is that starcraft?" yes it twas
kb sez: so nice to see starcraft again. was wondering if a sequel was ever going to see the light of day.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Starcraft 2
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 02:14:32 pm »
I should get a green life vest and cosplay Raynor but who's aunt will cosplay nancy Kerrigan Queen of blades
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Starcraft 2
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 08:00:45 pm »
hurray ian is happy!!!! hurray for starcraft!!!!
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Starcraft 2
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 09:15:12 pm »
Quote from: "Waffles"
hurray ian is happy!!!! hurray for starcraft!!!!

and your gonna cosplay a Hydralisk?
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
Starcraft 2
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 12:25:13 pm »
I am sorry to say that I hate RTS games, but if I was put in a room and forced to play an RTS game, it would be Starcraft. I think they are all the same. Too boring and they don't require much skill. You just have to know where and when to click on stuff......sorry if I have offended anyone. :oops:
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline dakrum

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/daks_mind
Starcraft 2
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 12:38:46 pm »
i feel the same way mostly :P

I've played multi player on the original and always got my as kick lol but meh
THE anime list
now known as dakiro

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Starcraft 2
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 07:41:01 am »
So if there's a thread about it in the forums, that means its going to be at the convention right? Is it in a presentation or will we be getting to play becau- *Tom is tackled by the gaming staff and dragged away before someone actually believes him*
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
Starcraft 2
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 12:26:07 pm »
if its out by the con I should own it....which meens I can bring my copy and share :D
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Starcraft 2
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 01:28:52 pm »
Quote from: "Dealrith"
if its out by the con I should own it....which meens I can bring my copy and share :D

It won't be.

They just announced it so I'm giving it at least a year and a half, probably 2 years, sadly. *shakes fist at Blizzard*

And ichigo: I don't want to start an arguement about this, but it takes skill to know how to play the units correctly/how to manage your stuff well, at least against a human opponent that knows what they are doing. Most of the time against the computer or someone without a clue it doesn't take much, though..
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

• Chibi
Starcraft 2
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 10:21:11 am »
Meh, I never had much skill and I PWN at Starcraft. I just randomly clicked stuff. My whole thing is that they don't really require much strategy. I love the concept but I just haven't seen one that could hold my interest for very long. I love the Ceasar games and the Civilization games because there is so much to plan out. I just have a short attention span  :wink:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Starcraft 2
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 10:38:57 am »
Quote from: "kurosakiichigo666"
Meh, I never had much skill and I PWN at Starcraft. I just randomly clicked stuff. My whole thing is that they don't really require much strategy. I love the concept but I just haven't seen one that could hold my interest for very long. I love the Ceasar games and the Civilization games because there is so much to plan out. I just have a short attention span  :wink:

Don't think you're going to get away with that just because you winked.
That was very insulting AND nonsensical.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

• Chibi
Starcraft 2
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 11:16:50 am »
I wasn't trying to get away with anything. I winked because I have a short attention span and I think it's funny. I just stated my opinion, wich I am entitled to. I just want to see an RTS game with as much planning required as Civilization and Ceasar while still holding my interest. That's all. I didn't mean to insult anyone. I'll probably try Starcraft 2 but I don't think I'll like it very much unless they add more to strategize about, like building your units morale and whatnot. That's what I want to see.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Starcraft 2
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 02:32:05 am »
If they added that, I would never want to play it again. People like Starcraft because it's not like that. If you don't like that type of game, you won't like Starcraft.

I don't like Civilization. But it's fine the way it is because that's how people who play those types of games want it.

I don't like micro-managing.

And I really doubt you could "PWN" at Starcraft just "randomly clicking". Did you also happen to have the cheats in?  :wink: Did you play online much? Ladder matches? Those guys are pretty damn serious.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Starcraft 2
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 11:54:59 am »
I agree with reppy on that one..I too am not one for micro-management, but to each his own :)

I also do agree that if you're playing against people who know what they are doing and you don't try any strategy you will get owned, in most any game, not just SC. I mean have you seen how much those crazy Koreans get into this game? The players are like celebrities over there.. o.o
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
Starcraft 2
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 04:07:15 pm »
Oh man. Starcraft is going to be good. I loved the first one, and lost about a year of my life playing it after school. So great!

Unfortunetely, it won't be out for Kumoricon-2007. It'll be available for 08 if we're lucky. I'm working at EBgames, and right now blizzard has estimated october of 2008 as it's release. It IS pre-orderabe, Hee hee.
'My complete disbelief in this reality is the one thing keeping me from going insane' - old motto

'My old motto has failed me! Reality intrudes! Prepare for insanity!' -new motto

• Chibi
Starcraft 2
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 10:24:59 am »
Quote from: "reppy"
If they added that, I would never want to play it again. People like Starcraft because it's not like that. If you don't like that type of game, you won't like Starcraft.

I don't like Civilization. But it's fine the way it is because that's how people who play those types of games want it.

I don't like micro-managing.

And I really doubt you could "PWN" at Starcraft just "randomly clicking". Did you also happen to have the cheats in?  :wink: Did you play online much? Ladder matches? Those guys are pretty damn serious.

Yeah.....you can't really have cheats in online now can you? I never played the campaign even once.

• Chibi
Starcraft 2
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 10:26:09 am »
Quote from: "Trumby"
I agree with reppy on that one..I too am not one for micro-management, but to each his own :)

I also do agree that if you're playing against people who know what they are doing and you don't try any strategy you will get owned, in most any game, not just SC. I mean have you seen how much those crazy Koreans get into this game? The players are like celebrities over there.. o.o

Well I must have been really lucky or I must have found all the 6 year-olds or something because I never lost a game.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Starcraft 2
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 03:37:42 pm »
OK, Goku. We all believe in your winning streak with no effort.  :roll:

I wasn't trying to get away with anything. I winked because I have a short attention span and I think it's funny.

So you think liking normal RTS games is funny?
Just because you like turn based strategy games?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

• Chibi
Starcraft 2
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 11:48:31 am »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
OK, Goku. We all believe in your winning streak with no effort.  :roll:

I wasn't trying to get away with anything. I winked because I have a short attention span and I think it's funny.

So you think liking normal RTS games is funny?
Just because you like turn based strategy games?

No...I think my short attention span is funny. Chill out, seriously. First of all, It's just a game. Second of all, I'm entitled to express my opinion without a bunch of people giving me crap about my personal preferences. BTW, I was overexaggerating most of the time when I said something mean. When I used to play Starcraft I was waiting for Starcraft 2 to come out just like anyone else. I just lost my interest in those kind of games. I don't care if another one is coming out, it's not like it really affects me all that much. So CALM DOWN!  :roll:

Offline SonicBoor

• Cabbit
Starcraft 2
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 11:08:11 pm »
It won't be.

They just announced it so I'm giving it at least a year and a half, probably 2 years, sadly. *shakes fist at Blizzard*

Funny story, Back when I was playing WoW *shudder* I had a friend in my guild whose brother was a blizzard employee. At first I was skeptical of the leaked info he doled out, but after he predicted content 3 patches in advance, I was willing to believe him.

He told me that starcraft 2 is already a finished game. They finished it over a year ago, and they didn't want to compete with WoW while it was still in it's heyday. I think TBC kinda hosed the game, but whatever, it's still going strong and I don't care cause I quit.

I know this is third(fourth?)hand info and highly questionable, but knowing blizzard, I believe it, I mean, why would they want a couple hundred thousand of their monthly subscribers, and, like...all of korea, to stop paying them $10-15 a month for a game they've already MADE in exchange for a one-time purchase of $50 that they will then have to release expansion content for, but otherwise don't see a continuous return on the investment?

Grr...Blizzard makes me angry sometimes. Lost Vikings was their best/most original game, and that came out when I was like...nine.

Offline hitokiri

• Cabbit
    • My myspace
Starcraft 2
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 10:32:10 pm »
I just stated my opinion, wich I am entitled to....

I stopped reading about there, mainly because you spelled "which" wrong.  :wink:

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
Starcraft 2
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 06:38:48 am »
Its belevable......quite a few companies make their games and have them finished long before they expect to launch them.....that way they can decide if its worth to launch early or late.......as for waiting on WOW.....thats kind of lagit but Korea is already playing starcraft......very few have even thought of leaving it for wow so I doubt blizzard is going to loose much money over them
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2007 - Yojimbo