Author Topic: Kcon Mascot 08?????  (Read 11449 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« on: February 16, 2007, 02:32:33 am »
Just wondering, whats the info on the mascot contest for 2008?
Cause I know we did Kcon 07 mascot before Kcon 06.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Cherry

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 10:11:28 am »
Last year the deadline was in the summer i believe... not sure on exactly when but im thinking it was late july/early august

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:18:02 pm »
I've been trying to teach myself how to draw chibis lately because I want to take part in this contest.  (I'm also working on doing chibi versions of people I know, including some of you guys; mwawawa).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
Reposting JeffT's explanation from the Cover Art thread since it applies to the Mascot contest too:

We will be having the cover and mascot contest again this year, similar to last year. It will be announced and started around April. It will end in July or August. We might end it a little earlier this year (July) to give more time to integrate the new mascot art, colors, and design into the web site so it can go up quickly after the con (rather than at elections like last time).

Also, there is a possibility we will have a theme rather than being wide open, although it hasn't been decided yet. The reason I point this out, is that interested participants shouldn't begin yet--we don't want anyone to spend a lot of time working on something before the contest has been announced and then find it doesn't qualify.

As for not allowing publishing the entry anywhere else before the contest is over--this might disqualify too many good possibilities, if the entrant has perhaps posted it casually or distributed it a little bit to friends. One possibility is to just not allow linking to it on the forum, but not have a blanket rule against having ever publicized it elsewhere (I think this is how Sakura-Con does it). We're still thinking about how to handle this.

Also, just a reiteration - they are two separate contest but will be run around the same time. Also, we may have qualifications as far as color specifications go (having to do with how certain colors translate from computer to print).

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 02:10:59 pm »
Will any information be posted soon about this? @.@ I keep checking every day for stuff and it's driving me nuts!
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 08:53:07 am »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"
I've been trying to teach myself how to draw chibis lately because I want to take part in this contest.  (I'm also working on doing chibi versions of people I know, including some of you guys; mwawawa).

Make a chibi Leashy!! Come on you know you want to!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 08:57:58 am »
Actually, you are one of the people I wanted to chibi-tize, along with the Goggle Squad, Meg, and Tom.  (Note: this is not the entire list).

Offline Pixie Stix

• Cabbit
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 03:09:15 pm »
D:
Wait what are the rules for this thing?
I want to try to enter

<.< Does it have to be a girl? Cause I believe I read a few rules for the one in 06 and it said it had to be.
Kumo 08: Warp/Kaiba from Kaiba

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 04:49:27 pm »
Well, from what I understand, Kumori is a girl's name, so a female would be logical.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 03:41:51 am »
So... when is this due?
><

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 04:13:03 am »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"
Well, from what I understand, Kumori is a girl's name, so a female would be logical.

I believe Kumori is Japanese for "Cloudy" in reference to the weather in Eugene ware the con started.   The Mascot has always been Kumori girl or KumoriKo or K Girl the average every day anime fan next door with an umbrella.  Although I’m working on the definitive Kumori Fanfic that establishes she is Keiko Katsu Kimiyo-Kumori  the escaped princess of the cloud kingdom hiding on earth from her uncle the Usurper King Ku Mori Mori.  The Chibi is her younger look alike cousin Kumiko Kiwa Kimiyo-Kumori .  They are both stuck on earth with one of the Cloud Queens body guards Ozen Ryo and a Former homeless Army Nurse and Bag Lady who as Mrs Bagly is there house keeper.

And if any one cares the Cloud Kingdom is set in an Oxygen Nitrogen torus ring orbiting the star Kuma at 1.0 AU and encompassing an Asteroid field.  Thus there are many small wordlets within the Atmosphere surrounded by the cloudy mist of the torus ring.  There are various means of traveling between them either on flying beast or technological means from airships to rockets to futuristic spacecraft.  But most of the story is in Portland ware they travel in a Buick Skylark modified to fly and dubbed the K-Lark.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline SunneyTehBunney

• Sailor Scout
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 04:08:22 pm »
OK so....this is going on this year, or no?

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 11:36:52 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"
So... when is this due?
><

They said the contest was up at the last meeting but I haven't seen it, I would contact Jeff

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 03:16:40 pm »
The main page says the rules are here

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4497

The deadline for everything is July 16th.

There's also contests for the covers of the 2007 Convention book and Pocket Guide. Wide variety of art possibilities!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
Re: Kcon Mascot 08?????
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 04:37:25 pm »
Quote from: Washougal_Otaku

I believe Kumori is Japanese for "Cloudy" in reference to the weather in Eugene ware the con started.   The Mascot has always been Kumori girl or KumoriKo or K Girl the average every day anime fan next door with an umbrella.  Although I’m working on the definitive Kumori Fanfic that establishes she is Keiko Katsu Kimiyo-Kumori  the escaped princess of the cloud kingdom hiding on earth from her uncle the Usurper King Ku Mori Mori.  The Chibi is her younger look alike cousin Kumiko Kiwa Kimiyo-Kumori .  They are both stuck on earth with one of the Cloud Queens body guards Ozen Ryo and a Former homeless Army Nurse and Bag Lady who as Mrs Bagly is there house keeper.

And if any one cares the Cloud Kingdom is set in an Oxygen Nitrogen torus ring orbiting the star Kuma at 1.0 AU and encompassing an Asteroid field.  Thus there are many small wordlets within the Atmosphere surrounded by the cloudy mist of the torus ring.  There are various means of traveling between them either on flying beast or technological means from airships to rockets to futuristic spacecraft.  But most of the story is in Portland ware they travel in a Buick Skylark modified to fly and dubbed the K-Lark.

Wow......just wow....
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 11:44:30 am »
can i be the mascot?

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 07:34:06 pm »
can i be the mascot?

Well, yes and no.
Next year's contest is closed so if someone did an anime portrati of you it's too late to enter it for this year's contest (for the '08 mascot). You can always enter next year to be the mascot in '09!

However, you can be the mascot by cosplaying as her. We usually have at least one person cosplaying the mascot for the year (usually the con chair).

Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010