Author Topic: Pattern Help  (Read 3408 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Pattern Help
« on: May 05, 2007, 04:26:55 pm »
One of the cosplays I want to do, Seras Victoria from Hellsing, well I'm having problems trying to find a pattern for the shirt that could be modified :\ If anyone knows of any patterns or a site that might be good to look for I would be very thankful :3
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Pattern Help
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 05:26:09 pm »
Picture of vicky's shirt?

and i'm gonna be a forum tool and say add the PC name to the topic

and like I posted below keep looking at places like joannes fabrics when they have 99 cent sales on patterns and get any you think you may use in the future
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Pattern Help
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:36:04 am »
Looks like any short, tight skirt will do....
First, check in your closet: do you have a skirt that fits you vaguely like hers? You can trace a pattern off an existing skirt fairly easily...just lay it down on paper and trace around it (make sure you add seam allowances before cutting out in fabric and also make a test version of it in muslin or other inexpensive fabric to ensure you made it the correct size).

I've seen skirts similar in Simplicity... go surf their site and check all skirt patterns there...

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Pattern Help
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:16:33 am »
Quote from: "Runa"

I've seen skirts similar in Simplicity... go surf their site and check all skirt patterns there...

You mean I can look them up on line I don't need to hide in the pattern corner at Jo Annes and look in the paper catalogs as all the ladies run away yelling "Ewwww theres a man in the store"
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Pattern Help
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:44:07 am »
Quote from: "Vondan"

You mean I can look them up on line I don't need to hide in the pattern corner at Jo Annes and look in the paper catalogs as all the ladies run away yelling "Ewwww theres a man in the store"

Yes, and you can do the same for the other pattern brands: McCalls, Burda, etc... thus sparing us the sight of you handling our precious pattern books.    :P

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Pattern Help
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 01:32:12 pm »
Quote from: "Runa"
Looks like any short, tight skirt will do....
First, check in your closet: do you have a skirt that fits you vaguely like hers? You can trace a pattern off an existing skirt fairly easily...just lay it down on paper and trace around it (make sure you add seam allowances before cutting out in fabric and also make a test version of it in muslin or other inexpensive fabric to ensure you made it the correct size).

The skirts the simple part ;^.^ I figure we can use patterns my mum already has stashed away in her sewing cabinet. I can't find anything for the shirt though. I'm thinking about finding a pattern for a jacket and making with with short sleeves XD

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Pattern Help
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 03:07:24 pm »
That's pretty much what it looks like. Of course, part of the thing to keep in mind is that the shape of the shirt is slightly distorted because of her exaggerated figure (which was drawn that way to ensure that the fanboys continue to watch the show)

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Pattern Help
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 03:41:29 pm »
I have never watched Helsing, I’m guessing they stole my idea and have Van Helsing’s granddaughter fight vampires (All action franchises should become chick action franchises).   I just looked up Seras Victoria on cosplay com.  Most of the costumes were in Blue or Yellow and one was in Red (post vol 7).  In each one it's the same, she is wearing a European style Military Tunic, it’s cut like a jacket but lighter weight than a full jacket sometimes called a shell tunic as it has no lining very similar to the tropical bush jacket.  I have a British one in Tan that is really close except for the extra buttons they add around the Prussian collar (I like to put it on with my pitch helmet and talk like the hunter Von Pelt about to bag some hippies).  A military shirt will have the same look except it is to short and no belt loops.  Look for patterns for a military tunic or go to an army surplus store.  You might be able to find a Tan one you can un dye then re-dye yellow or a Blue military shirt and if you buy two you can add extra length at the belt line.  Also look in the Simplicity catalog (In paper or on the new fangled internet) they might have some civil war blouses that are close.

Von “Adding 500 Sq Feet to my store with Military costumes spanning 500 years (5000 if you count the Stone Axe heads)” Dan
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Pattern Help
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 07:08:20 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
I have never watched Helsing, I’m guessing they stole my idea and have Van Helsing’s granddaughter fight vampires (All action franchises should become chick action franchises).   I just looked up Seras Victoria on cosplay com.  Most of the costumes were in Blue or Yellow and one was in Red (post vol 7).  In each one it's the same, she is wearing a European style Military Tunic, it’s cut like a jacket but lighter weight than a full jacket sometimes called a shell tunic as it has no lining very similar to the tropical bush jacket.  I have a British one in Tan that is really close except for the extra buttons they add around the Prussian collar (I like to put it on with my pitch helmet and talk like the hunter Von Pelt about to bag some hippies).  A military shirt will have the same look except it is to short and no belt loops.  Look for patterns for a military tunic or go to an army surplus store.  You might be able to find a Tan one you can un dye then re-dye yellow or a Blue military shirt and if you buy two you can add extra length at the belt line.  Also look in the Simplicity catalog (In paper or on the new fangled internet) they might have some civil war blouses that are close.

Von “Adding 500 Sq Feet to my store with Military costumes spanning 500 years (5000 if you count the Stone Axe heads)” Dan

Thanks a lot for that :3 That'll help me a lot with finding a pattern
::{hug}:: X3 Thank you!!

~2012 cosplay mofos~