Author Topic: Parking  (Read 6953 times)

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Parking
« on: August 21, 2004, 03:45:23 pm »
I was wondering, are we going to be parking under the Mariott? (I think I have actually parked in there parking lot, or another buildings that was fairly close by) or if not there, then where are we suppose to park and if it is at the Mariott, do you know how much it will be for all day parking? Thanks!
Bunny_Mae
~I'm Addicted to Chocolate, I used to Snort Cocoa~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Parking
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 10:36:37 pm »
i just beta-read the program at our thursday staff meeting, and the program will have info about parking. however, that's rather ironic, in that, by the time you get the program, you will probably already have parked! there really should be a parking link from our home page. if i recall correctly, the marriot offers valet parking, for something outrageous like $22. however, that might only be offered to those who have rented hotel rooms.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Parking
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 11:32:33 pm »
I know there are cheap parking garages around the Portland area, but I can't remember the prices, or any other info about them.

SOmeone should really do a sweep of the area and find prices and other info (like locations) for us out of towners! ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Parking
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 01:45:04 am »
i think there like 95 cent an hour but im not sure
you could always part and ride you would have to walk alittle but thats a nice part of town

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
Parking
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 11:31:41 pm »
The $0.95 parking is known as Smart Park. This site has locations and times and info.
http://www.oregonlive.com/downtown/index.ssf?smartpark.frame
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Parking
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 10:43:54 am »
Thank you all very much! I am able to go up this week to scout out parking and your info will be very helpful!
Bunny_Mae
~I'm Addicted to Chocolate, I used to Snort Cocoa~

Offline trinket

• Sailor Scout
Parking
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 07:19:05 pm »
ok im from the boonies and washington.

so the closest smart park would be at 1st and jefferson?

and what does the $12 daily maximum mean?

do they have a rate for parking ther in the early early morning and stayin parked till abou 11:30 at night?

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Parking
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 07:27:03 am »
does the hotel have it's own parking structure?
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Parking
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 10:21:30 am »
Trinket:  I'm guessing that the "$12 maximum" means that once you've shelled out 12 dollars that day, you're done shelling out money for the day.

BigGuy:  They have a valet parking lot that costs way too damn much, from what I hear.  It's like close to $30 a day... which is just sick.  And my car is hardly valet material... you're probably better off unloading your stuff, then finding a parking structure for the weekend and walking from there.  At least that's how I'm understanding it.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
    • http://omniwarrior.tripod.com/
Parking
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 07:29:31 pm »
I drive a 74 oldmobile cutlass and yes its as bad as it sounds. seattle has parking for the airport area for like $7 a day. I am sure portland will have something similar...
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me...so tie me up and throw me down and show me that you like me...

Offline lady_rhiannon

• Cabbit
    • http://ladyrhiannon.deviantart.com
Parking
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 01:25:57 pm »
Well, yes. But the airport and it's parking is rather a ways from downtown. If you're flying in and staying at the hotel, you could actually park in long term at the airport, and ride the max around Portland. It's a very Mass Transport Friendly city, Portland is.

SmartPark is on of the options, as well as many other parking lots and structures in any part of town you want your car in while you're at the con. But I don't know their prices.

My mother tells me they've raised the prices at the Smart Parks, but, again, we don't know for sure.

Street parking is actually free after 6pm on Saturday and free all day on Sunday, if you can find a spot.

You might try going on Portland's website to find out better info.

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
Parking
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2004, 01:43:42 pm »
It may also be free on monday because of it being a national holiday
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me...so tie me up and throw me down and show me that you like me...

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Parking
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 01:06:37 am »
I heard today that the Marriott's parking is $21 a day (direct from the front desk), and while that's expensive, you have to remember that high parking prices in Portland are partially due to security. Part of that $21 helps lower the risk of someone breaking into your car.

Also worth considering is the possibility that you might only be able to save about $5/day parking somewhere else, which may involve a lot of searching and walking. It might not be worth the effort.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Parking
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 01:11:40 am »
i agree with radien on those points.
labor day will be free street parking, but who knows how much street parking would be in that part of town?
i have friends in southeast who have free all day on the street parking. i might try to do something like drop off my stuff, drive there, and get a ride back.
my purse got stolen from the kinko's on the park blocks, just f.y.i., i was only a couple feet away at the time, things are pretty desperate around there.

hey i have an idea, at least for next year. let's scope out where tri-met has "park and ride" options, and set up a shuttle/carpool from there
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
Parking
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2004, 01:47:02 am »
I am driving a beatup car thats older than I am. if someone steals it then they obviously need it more than I do...

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
*sigh*
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2004, 06:24:03 am »
Well, at least now we know!  Sounds like Smartpark is the way to go if you'd like some security from people breaking in and stealing your rearview mirror ornament.  ^_^  

Do you know the deal with most of these?  Do you have to clock out at a certain time and pay your bill, then clock back in?  Or does your tab build over the days?  

I'd be super embarassing to have a set idea as to how much you're going to owe, then spend up to that at the con, then not be able to get your car out of the garage because you bought that extra plushie....>_>

Thanks for the infos--!

-ko

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
Parking
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2004, 07:40:55 am »
One of the other anime club members at my school suggested parking at Lloyd center and riding the max down to the con, but I can't remember if they'll tow you if they find out you aren't in the mall... 'Cuz if they don't then that's free parking, and the MAX ticket is only $2 or so...
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
Parking
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2004, 08:01:26 am »
Yesyes, they do tow....>_<  Otherwise that'd be a keen idea.

*and* it would be in the fareless square.  Nuts.  But yes, to all who wonder, they will tow.  Especially if you leave your car there over the duration of the convention.  >_>

-ko