Poll

Who do you think I should go as?

Nuriko
1 (33.3%)
Muraki
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: May 03, 2007, 09:25:37 pm

Author Topic: A little help? Anyone?! Please?!  (Read 3419 times)

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
A little help? Anyone?! Please?!
« on: May 03, 2007, 09:25:37 pm »
Well first of all, I was going to go as Nuriko from Fushigi Yugi, whom I absolutely love. Then I was going to go as Muraki from Yami no Matsuei. Now I'm thinking about going as Nuriko again. What do you guys think?

There's a pic of me. You decide. And I'm looking for Nuriko's bracelets. I REEEEEEEALLY need them! So if anyone knows where I could get some.....or could possibly make some....or something...I'd love you forever. T.T

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:37:13 am »
It's a 3 day con.... so do all 3!

Now all you have to do is decide which character on which day...
I'd just do them in order of comfort - save the most comfy costume for Monday when you'll be tired and not too much in the mood for putting on a lot of makeup / accessories.

The more costumes the better!!!

-Runa
(who has been known in the past to wear up to 15 costumes at a 3 day convention....)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 01:36:50 pm »
i agree with runa.  esspecially if you allready have one of them.  no reason to wear the same costume two days in a row if you dont need too.  i know im not going to. im brining all new stuff this year though...so maybe im not the best example (as runa prolly isent either)
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 02:11:51 pm »
Oy nothing wrong with wearing 15 costumes at one convention... it's a lot of fun!   :D   OK, maybe it's a bit excessive, but still having multiple costumes for the convention is what cosplay is all about. You don't just watch only ONE anime series now do you?

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 02:12:48 pm »
I also agree with Runa and Pink... Go for all three! Then again... I'm probably going to bring costumes Kumori-Con hasn't seen...

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 03:28:27 pm »
I totally agree.
I'm trying to kick myself into remembering that I just have a summer to go, I have limited car space, and I wouldn't want to be changing costumes much. So. I'm evening myself out to one a day. Unless I skip out on one. Then I'll be a normal person on the last day. xD;;
SakuraCon '08: Touma (Gravitation) & Zexion (KH:CoM)
KumoriCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM) & Tatsumi (Yami no Matsuei)
AkiCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM)
SakuraCon '09: Miku (Vocaloid)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 03:56:38 pm »
People who attend anime conventions are never "normal" people (at least according to mundanes who don't attend conventions).

The trick is to choose characters / costumes that can be made of easily compactible fabrics. Those bulky armor type costumes take up lots of space.....though you'll be surprised how much clothing I can jam into the Katamari head. :D

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 03:57:01 pm »
Thanks guys! But seriously, I need those bracelets? Anyone have any ideas? T.T

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 04:02:38 pm »
Quote from: "VampireFangs103"
Thanks guys! But seriously, I need those bracelets? Anyone have any ideas? T.T

Go to JoAnn's crafts and pick up a few sheets of "fun foam" . It's about 1/8" thick (though there are some 1/4" thick versions available in some colors). You can heat it -- SLIGHTLY!!!-- with a hairdryer or over a stove burner to soften it enough to bend into shape. Since it comes in many colors, you should be able to find colors close enough to the arm bracelets.   :D    You can also paint them to make the color closer. There's another thread in cosplay chat that discusses armor making and they provided a URL for insturtions...
http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_materials.html is the start of the info... read it and you should be able to make something really nice.   Can't wait to see it.

Offline Barb

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 09:24:27 pm »
I dun think I've ever seen a Muraki cosplayer. I'd love to see one!

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 11:54:54 pm »
There's always wonderflex and sculpie... you can find tutorials online.

...but personally, I vote Muraki. =D
Sora - KHII (Regular Outfit, Kingdom Key)
Kaiba - Yugioh (Battle City)