Author Topic: New Eugene/Spfd. Anime Club - planning meetings!  (Read 13325 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Re: New Eugene/Spfd. Anime Club - planning meetings!
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2007, 12:34:25 am »
We're on for Thursday, but it looks like we don't yet have a permanent location secured for future meetings.  Nineflower is looking into LCC and the U of O Knight Library.  From what I know, I think I can guarantee that one of them will be able to have us. However, if it's the Knight Library, we may be limited to DVDs, as their multimedia setup, albeit pretty sweet, requires special cables if you want to play from a laptop. (anyone who attended the meeting has already heard about that)

I'll make sure the info is posted here by Thursday morning.  For those of you who are on Heather's mailing list, she'll be mailing you with the location information ASAP.

Anyway, sorry for the last-minute changes, but remember the club is only two weeks in the making.  We WILL have a place to hold it for this week; I can guarantee that. :)

By the way, I'm holding a Halloween gettogether tonight at my place. Costumes and cosplay are encouraged, and there'll be snacks and anime. Also drinks for those of age.  If you'd like to come, please give me a call at 206-9219.  I live in north Springfield, here.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 03:46:29 am by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2007, 10:32:46 am »
I work Thursday evenings until 10pm. How late will club meetings be going?
I haven't been able to make Terry's because I work Friday evenings til 10pm, about 1/2 hr drive from Terry's, then work again at 8am Saturday. But Friday mornings (except this one, when I have a midterm), I can typically get up a little later......

I am also an LCC student, btw.

Radien: What are the start & endtimes for your evening? I might be hanging out with Morlanna (my guest at 4 winds at An Tir West War). If she were interested, and the times worked for us, could I bring her? (Please reply by text message if answering later than 5pm.)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2007, 12:42:34 pm »
Radien: What are the start & endtimes for your evening? I might be hanging out with Morlanna (my guest at 4 winds at An Tir West War). If she were interested, and the times worked for us, could I bring her? (Please reply by text message if answering later than 5pm.)
Did I forget to say?

People are welcome at my door as early as 8pm.  How late will we be going? I'm not sure, but I suspect at least midnight, or maybe later, if people are still here. :) Heather will be here at 9pm, and she's my fellow mastermind for tonight. We'd be happy to see you if you can make it. Same goes for Morlanna (a.k.a. Alicia, right?).

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2007, 01:50:11 pm »
Correct:)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2007, 04:16:55 am »
Sorry I didn't see you there. Hope you can come to the anime club meeting.

Speaking of which, I can confirm the location. This week we're meeting at the Knight Library multimedia center. The multimedia center's front desk is a little ways to the right of the main entrance, on the first floor.  It's visible from the metal and vine archway which opens up onto the street.  It's two blocks south from the U of O Bookstore.

The media center has three showing rooms side-by-side at the end of the hall. If one the three is free (which is likely), we'll be using it, even without a reservation. So just go to those three rooms and look inside! (They are lettered A, B, and C, I believe)

Apollo Justice

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2007, 11:42:08 pm »
Thanks Radien for posting the info. I totally spaced out.. and should've remembered to post here :(. We actually met in the Mckinnon room (upstairs) near the Reserves section in the Knight Library. Although the tv is standard size, it's comfy little room. The room will be our back-up place and where we will be meeting for next week's meeting, Nov. 8th (unless I find a better location which I will keep you all updated on).