Author Topic: New Eugene/Spfd. Anime Club - planning meetings!  (Read 13307 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
New Eugene/Spfd. Anime Club - planning meetings!
« on: April 27, 2007, 02:53:46 pm »
Some of us are getting together to discuss plans for a Eugene area anime club.  Around 3:00pm tomorrow -- which is Saturday the 28th -- we're going to meet at the Starbucks on 13th St. in Eugene (near campus) and discuss various stuff.

This includes what we're going to watch, when we're going to meet, and where we're going to hold it. We're also going to design our flyer, which will be posted at Emerald City Comics and other otaku hotspots. :) This will be more than just a viewing club, so there'll be some socialization before and after the actual anime. Tomorrow's meeting is just for planning, which is why it's at Starbucks.

Currently we're planning on holding it at the university library, where they have some great multimedia equipment we can use in private rooms. We are, however, open to suggestions for alternate locations.

We may eventually leave the Starbucks to check out the library or visit Emerald City Comics.  If you're late and want to track us down, you can call my cell phone at 541 206 9219. My name's Steve.

Please note that we are NOT an university club. Anyone is welcome, regardless of whether they're a university student or not (so far, none of us are, though some are alumni). We intend to be unofficially tied with Kumori Con, since most of us are Kumori Con regulars.

If you miss us this Saturday, keep in touch!  We're probably going to meet regularly on Saturdays. Club meetings will likely be held in the evening once we have a viewing schedule.

Members wanted! Please come tomorrow, or post your input here!
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 04:37:08 pm »
well that was a bust it was only me and steve and you know how wild a party that is.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 09:40:58 pm »
I would go if I lived near you sorry!

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 09:54:30 am »
Do you have any actual UofO students involved?
 You might have a hard time getting it moving if you don't.
 I don't mean to rain on your parade, I'd love to see a anime club do well here. But Tunac crumbled because we didn't have many students involved and I couldn't set anything up with the University since I wasn't a student there.
 But anyway good luck with that.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 04:45:18 pm »
Well BigGuy, I work there, so hopefully that will do something, if not, I am also a full-time student too, now. Just haven't done something about my ID card yet.

895-5095 if you need to phone me. or call me at work Sunday thru Thursday 3-11 pm 346-2215 I'll be around here somewhere, especially if you see me making Spam posts!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 06:32:39 am »
Seems Rachel was confused and showed up an hour late... oh well. It was spur-of-the-moment.

Quote from: "BigGuy"
Do you have any actual UofO students involved?
 You might have a hard time getting it moving if you don't.
 I don't mean to rain on your parade, I'd love to see a anime club do well here. But Tunac crumbled because we didn't have many students involved and I couldn't set anything up with the University since I wasn't a student there.
 But anyway good luck with that.

In my opinion, it really depends on what you're trying to start.

TUNAC was a viewing club, for the most part, and it was put in a strange position. The moment it started to go social, people started working on the first Kumori Con, and there was pretty much a rift from then on. Ironically, I think Kumori Con killed TUNAC more than anything, because nearly half the club was on Kumori Con staff, and eventually con meetings were held simultaneous to TUNAC. That was a unique situation, though, which won't duplicate itself now that the con has moved to Portland.

A viewing club needs university students to be considered "successful" around here, but that's if you measure success by the amount of new anime watched. Uni students find it easy to get together and socialize after class, so TUNAC's main purpose was to watch mass amounts of new, fansubbed anime. This time, we're not necessarily looking for a roomfull of 12-15 people watching anime in the dark. Well... dark rooms are okay sometimes, but we'd like other people to talk about other con-like interests, too, like manga and gaming and even costuming. Think Genshiken, but more relaxed.  Such a group can be considered successful if it has 6-10 dedicated members.

It's true that we'll have trouble reserving rooms at the uni, but Eugene/Springfield is more than just the U of O. We still have yet to tap into the meeting rooms offered by EWEB, Emerald City Comics, and the new Eugene library. They may not be within walking distance of campus (aside from Emerald City), but so far all of the people who've been interested have either been high school students or graduates/non-students, so attracting university students would be the ONLY reason to hold it on campus.  Besides, it's easier to find parking, off-campus.

Apollo Justice

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 07:52:37 pm »
We're going to have to have dues, unless we get a free room at the Knight Library, won't we?

I think that would be a good idea to have dues. Pays for the room, and whatnot, I also believe it inspires pride of ownership in the club.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 05:28:12 am »
I think we should talk about our next meeting. ^_^ This time let's set a SOLID time of Saturday at 3:00pm. Same place: the Starbucks on 13th Street, near campus.

Don't show up an hour late -- I'm willing to wait half an hour for the first person to show up, or maybe 45 minutes, but we should all TRY to be there on time, accepting delays only if unavoidable. This time I'll make sure to bring my cell phone, which again is 541 206 9219.

If you have any definite scheduling conflicts, let me know. Saturday is not yet a solid regular meeting time.

Quote from: "jaybug"
We're going to have to have dues, unless we get a free room at the Knight Library, won't we?

I think that would be a good idea to have dues. Pays for the room, and whatnot, I also believe it inspires pride of ownership in the club.

Hmm... a possibility. But I'd prefer to start meeting and get together a sufficient group first so we can vote on the idea. Letting a club meet for awhile to see what we'd have to deal with in lieu of dues would give people an idea of what they'd be getting.

I see your point about encouraging ownership of the club, but on the other hand, I don't want to scare off people who don't want to pay or -- heaven forbid -- turn anybody away at the door. So instead of membership equaling admission, there'd have to be another sort of benefit. :)

It's a bit early to talk about any of that, though.

Apollo Justice

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 12:54:26 pm »
Dues are a possible way to help pay for say rented anime, if we have to pay for a room which I doubt will happen because we are trying to find a cheap a place as possible or munchies which usually gets funded by us all anyway. I'm sorry I can't show this weekend I have plans that are gonna keep me all day. Really though I don't like the idea of dues... rather a donation box kinda thing... which I am sure people would willingly put in a dollar or two if they want to keep seeing anime or eating snackage... Anyway I am late to be somewhere so yeah sorry I can't make it. Oh and to top it all off I have a sinus infection so they have me all medicated.

Oh and its spelt Rachael not Rachel

Jaybug did you try that pocky yet?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 07:47:17 pm »
So what happened? I already had plans to go to Portland Saturday, so I wasn't going to be there anyway. Did any decisions get made?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 03:59:11 pm »
I stopped by briefly to see if anyone had shown up, but no luck. Dan could have come, but you and Rachael (spelled it right this time) were both busy.

Actually, I'm thinking it would be best to just make the flyers and distribute them to likely "recruiting" locations, i.e. Emerald City Comics and perhaps a few choice locations on the U of O campus.  Then we can start having actual showings, which is the easiest way to attract people who are interested (people don't necessarily want to get involved in running the club until they ascertain that it's worthwhile).

The only thing we need to worry about right now is meeting location. If we have it on Saturdays, campus is mostly out. Shall I look into the Eugene library and see if they have a spot for us? It's easily accessible by bus ride.

Apollo Justice

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 06:24:38 pm »
They can only say no. If we are expecting people to ride the bus, you may want to ensure that we meet at times the bus operates. I am fairly certain that the bus service from Creswell and Cottage Grove is pretty far and few between. So we would be wanting to meet at 3 pm, or earlier, is my guess.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 03:12:09 am »
They can only say no.

Hm? Are you saying you've checked out the situation at the public library and I shouldn't bother asking?

If we are expecting people to ride the bus, you may want to ensure that we meet at times the bus operates. I am fairly certain that the bus service from Creswell and Cottage Grove is pretty far and few between.

To be honest, I was only really thinking of the college crowd. The buses that go from the university to the main station run on probably the most frequent schedule in the city.  I think we shouldn't worry about buses to more remote locations until the interest reveals itself.

So we would be wanting to meet at 3 pm, or earlier, is my guess.

I think we should meet around 7pm on Saturday.

Where?  I'm not sure yet. Can't really be on campus. Can't go back to Dan's shop since he's still not done moving. We COULD meet at my place to start off, though, if you don't mind coming to Springfield.  I have a decent-sized TV with a DVD and VHS player, and a laptop for movie files. Also a fairly comfortable living room with a couch and swiveling armchairs. :) I could easily host at least 5 people in just the one room. What do you folks think?

By the way, here's where I live (on Google Maps). It's easy to find.

Apollo Justice

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 06:39:46 pm »
No I'm not saying you shouldn't phone the Library, in fact maybe check out Springfield's library. I have a feeling that they may charge a fee for the use of a room. Banks are also an option for meetings. Many have rooms they rent out for meetings. They will charge a fee.

Unless you would like to host. I think that should mean at least you shouldn't have to provide snacks and beverages.

7pm Saturday works fine for me.

But are we going to try and have another preliminary meeting? I have no plans to go anywhere this weekend.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 07:24:58 pm »
I am done moving every thing is in the building it's just a mess.  Just need to paint the showroom walls and then start moving in stuff
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 03:52:47 pm »
Hmmm  well sorry these last few weeks have been CRAZY.... -.- bleck.... I don't know what the plans for this weekend are.. I will probably hang out with you guys or something if you guys have something planned...  the weekend of the 18th-20th I will not be available. One of my friends wants me to go to prom with her and then the next day (saturday) I think I am supposed to go to odell lake with some friends for a suprise birthday thing that is gonna keep me til sunday so yeah... um... figure something out and let me know :P

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 06:34:53 pm »
Okay,

I'd like to host this time. Is that all right? It doesn't have to be a permanent thing. You can bring snacks if you want. :) I have enough drinks to provide, if you'd like them to be cold when you get here.

Let's meet at 7:00pm. My address is 2417 Ranch Drive, Springfield.
- - - EDIT: PLANS HAVE CHANGED. See bottom of post. - - -

Here's a Google Map that'll get you to my place from I-5. Or if you don't like Google Maps, read below for directions from a human (me).

Simple directions:

1. Go north on I-5 if you're coming from the Southern half of Eugene.
2. On your right, take the Springfield exit that merges onto Hwy 126 East, also known as I-105 East.
3. Drive a ways, then take the Mohawk Blvd exit (also on your right).
4. Turn left onto Mohawk Blvd, and drive over the overpass.
5. Keep going straight until the road ends in a "T" intersection, then turn right onto Yolanda.
6. Take the first right (20th), then the first left (Ranch Dr). You're there.

My house is an earthy brown two-story brick house, with a white minivan and two Buick sedans in front. It'll be on your left. It's hard to miss. :)

Hope to see all of you there!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT:

I'm really sorry to do this to you, guys, but a friend of mine had a miscommunication with me, and I'm expected at a bachelor's party at around the time that we just scheduled. :( It's my fault; I should have double-checked with him since he seemed uncertain of his plans.

I'm going to be missing my friend's wedding entirely, so I don't want miss this.  I know this hurts our plans somewhat, but could we meet at 3:00pm instead? All other plans can remain unchanged.

If you have any questions, please call me on my cell phone: (541)206-9219.

Apollo Justice

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 01:46:15 pm »
any one from the Eugene/Springfield/Gleenwood tri city area going to the meeting in Salem on Sunday
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 11:08:31 am »
Alrighty well since tonight is too short of notice to be getting the group together maybe we should discuss our options on what to do :P. I miss seeing ya all and the last few months have just been terribly insane around here. From jobs to school finals and mixups with meeting plans its just been insane. Hopefully now that school is out I can sit down and and actually plan a meeting every other weekend. Heh... Anyways does anybody have plans for June 30th? I think that would be a good weekend to shoot for for a get together. What do you all think? Let me know and we can see what we can pull together ^_^!

As a side note I am proud to say I made my first boffing weapon XD!

Post your ideas and if you think you might be free that weekend.
<3 Teh Sugarbear!

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
??
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 10:48:19 pm »
Hey all finally moved up from the Burg, Is this still open to non-students? Just shoot me an pm or something with the final details, as it seems some things have changed here and there...  :)
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 11:18:48 pm »
Of course my place is open and then i dont have to leave work early and get a ride
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Re: ??
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 01:24:50 am »
Quote from: "babysugarbear28"
Anyways does anybody have plans for June 30th?

Unfortunately, I will be far south at a very large SCA event that entire weekend. I'm sorry I won't be able to join in on anything. :(

Quote from: "babysugarbear28"
As a side note I am proud to say I made my first boffing weapon XD!

Oarsome! :D

I really should get a group together for boffer duels. Then you can come and hit people with foam swords too!

Quote from: "riverspree"
Hey all finally moved up from the Burg, Is this still open to non-students?

It certainly should be, since most of us ARE non-students...

I'm not sure what we're doing about a meeting place, though. If BSB has new ideas, perhaps something can be worked out.

Apollo Justice

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 03:41:47 pm »
Which SCA event are you going to anyway??
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 03:45:34 pm »
Quote from: "riverspree"
Which SCA event are you going to anyway??

Antir/West War. 4 1/2 hour drive, but it looks to be pretty cool. It is one of the only two truly big annual events I've ever been to. This is the first time I'm going out of town to attend it, though, as it has sometimes occurred further north (and thus closer to me) in the past.

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 03:46:59 pm »
It should be great. Hey I wonder who else is scadian around here, maybe others are going to that?

Meantime fyi, I saw in an email from the Bijou (in downtown Eugene) that Paprika will also be playing there soon. Maybe folks who haven't yet seen it (or want to see it again) can make a date for when that's there.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 02:53:26 pm »
Well it is good to hear from you all and yes like it has been said this is a pretty much all ages group considering i am 17 and the rest of these guys at a bit older than i... lol How is the new shop vondan? And Radien that is so lucky... XD its funny though my boffing weapons are bright purple and a dark blue color horray for walmart's neon duct tape ^_^ So let me know who is available and maybe we can get something together....I wont be out too terribly late though if we do get together because I have to open work on sunday ^_^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 10:34:47 am »
I'm hoping some of y'all will join me for the midnight show the first night Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix opens?
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 08:22:06 pm »
Sounds good, which theatre?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 08:31:25 pm »
I suppose that will depend on who all wants to go, but we should consider purchasing tix in advance.

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
Re: New Eugene/Spfd. Anime Club - planning meetings!
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2007, 05:31:59 pm »
Is there an Anime Club in the Eugene/Springfield area? I'm not having much luck finding one :(.. if there's not a club, are there people interested in one? I'd be willing to organize a club (with a little help) and if there are others who would like to have a weekly get together to watch and discuss anime. Please reply! :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2007, 08:35:25 pm »
The problem I have is that I work friday night & saturday morning so my weekend isn't as free as most, & i work 3 other nights til 10p.....i will track this thread & if anything comes together that's when i'm not working i'll be open to joining

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 01:14:45 am »
Okay. I hear one person interested :). Thanks for replying, RemSaverem. I'm going to try to ask around and see if there are more people interested (maybe I'll try the university and posting online more.?). I think a Eugene/Springfield anime club would be awesome to have...

Offline Malaika

• Oni
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 03:09:50 pm »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:12:42 am by Malaika »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 04:42:18 pm »
don't worry everyone's friendly

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 12:09:35 am »
I've mostly given up on trying to start this club, but it's not like there's nothing going on in Eugene. My friend Terry holds an anime showing every week on Friday night. He starts late since he gets off work that evening (they usually begin at 9pm and go late), but it is held fairly regularly.  If you would like to attend it, please shoot him a PM. If he doesn't respond, let me know and I'll PM you his email addy. I've been a few times, and it's pretty cool. The downside that kept me from dedicating to it entirely is that it is held way out on Highway 99, which is a 30-minute drive for me.

It's also because I was trying to encourage something that was more of a "club," held in a central public place, but it just never happened. Clubs seem to have gone to the wayside every since Kumori Con started and everybody involved graduated from the university. I would still be interested in attending a regular group again, but ONLY if two things happen:

1. we need a new meeting place, which is more convenient. It could be someone's home as long as they're as reliable as Terry.
2. we need a somewhat consistent viewing schedule, just so people will know what they've missed when they can't come. (I'm not big on single-series marathons, personally)

Apollo Justice

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 07:59:21 pm »
single series marathons, do you mean watching 6 episodes of Kenichi that week? Or that you watch every episode of Urasei Yatsura in a row until you have watched all 100 discs? That's suicide man! lol

I wish I was more of a help, but Friday, Saturday is my weekend, and I live further away from everyone that does Terry. We're talkin' Creswell here.

Have you checked the rates of places that allow for public meetings? You could make it a real anime club and charge dues to members to cover rent, and maybe snacks. But I guess you'd need a fan base first eh?

I wonder if the girl in my Old English class reads these forums. I saw your NERV bag today.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 08:09:22 pm »
Yeah, back in college I had friends who wanted to watch, like, ALL of one season in one day.  (I'm not talking about TUNAC here. TUNAC had a great pace for their showings.) Personally, I'd prefer not to watch 3 or more episodes of the same show in one night. Two in a row is okay, though!

I wouldn't worry so much about the driving distance if it weren't also for the location. Terry's area is not very well-lit, and in the winter it's cold and the roads are sometimes icy. That makes me nervous, driving home alone after midnight. I dunno, maybe I'm just a wimp.

We've talked about having dues, etc., but I doubt we would have any draw if we did that. The university library is free, but their multimedia rooms aren't available on weekends.

Apollo Justice

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 12:58:31 pm »
I posted a craigslist ad a little while back and got a few responses. There's enough interest that I'd like to arrange a meeting to talk about forming a club. At the meeting, we will talk about locations, what sort of viewing schedule we'd like, and so forth. What are some convenient times to meet next week for you all? I was thinking of setting up the meeting on maybe Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday at a local coffeehouse. Most likely early evening-ish, say around 5:30? Or the weekend can work. Let me know what you all think.. :)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 04:57:23 pm »
Sounds like fun, but I can't drive and my mother wouldn't let me drive to and from an anime club at night even if I COULD.

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 09:12:47 pm »
That's an easy fix..I can give rides to those in need :)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 10:26:10 pm »
I posted a craigslist ad a little while back and got a few responses. There's enough interest that I'd like to arrange a meeting to talk about forming a club. At the meeting, we will talk about locations, what sort of viewing schedule we'd like, and so forth. What are some convenient times to meet next week for you all? I was thinking of setting up the meeting on maybe Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday at a local coffeehouse. Most likely early evening-ish, say around 5:30? Or the weekend can work. Let me know what you all think.. :)

Craig's List? Dang, why didn't I think of that... I wouldn't have expected it to get that good a response.

A coffeehouse? Well, if you'd like to arrange it, just name a time and I'll probably be able to come. :) (I would like to exchange cell phone numbers first, though, in case I can't find you when I get there...)

Apollo Justice

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2007, 11:24:19 pm »
Let's try for the meeting to be next Thursday, October 25, at 6:00 pm at the Starbucks Coffeehouse on 205 E 18th Ave. It's located on Pearl and 18th, right across the street from Safeway. You can find a map here. For those who need directions or a ride, please let me know. I have room for 4 in my car.

If any of you cannot come, speak up in the next couple days. If only 1 or 2 of you can't make it, I might just stick with the time I selected and catch everyone up after the meeting. So far there have been around six replies to my craigslist ad plus all of you who've replied in this thread. I'm excited to hear people are interested in a club and look forward to seeing you all at the meeting!

~My contact info~
Name: Heather
cell: 541-359-9216
e-mail: mecha_kucha@hotmail.com

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 11:45:57 pm »
The one by the Blockbuster and kinda a hop/skip/jump from Toshi's Ramen? I might be able to make it.

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2007, 11:23:20 am »
I assume others can make it? I haven't heard a peep that no one can't? :)...

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2007, 03:08:21 pm »
Thanks for stirring things up a bit. :) Ahh, Thursdays, just like the old TUNAC days...

Okay, I'll put it in my cell phone calendar. I do recommend that you not assume the quiet people are coming, though. Keep trying to contact them if you want the best results.

If anyone needs a ride from Springfield, as long as it's not far out in the Thurston area, I might be able to help.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 05:36:45 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2007, 07:09:35 pm »
I'll try :). I will send reminders the night before, on Wednesday, and hopefully people will remember to come on Thursday. This meeting will be a planning one where we'll introduce ourselves and our interests for the club. I can't form a club all by myself so please show XD!

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2007, 05:02:07 pm »
The Anime Club MEETING is *Tomorrow*! (the 25th, Thursday) at 6:00 pm at the Starbucks Coffeehouse on 205 E 18th Ave, between Pearl and 18th, across the street from Safeway. If you need a ride, please let me know. I still have room in my car.

I heard a few replies of people who CAN make it..and no one has said they can't. I don't know if the silence means that people are coming or have lost interest or what. If you cannot come but still want to be involved, continue to check this thread for updates or you can always e-mail me. Thanks.

Again, my name's Heather. my cell's 541-359-9216, and my email: mecha_kucha@hotmail.com

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2007, 08:33:29 pm »
I'll be here at work. My schedule is Sunday through Thursday evenings 3-11 pm, which is why I have been going to Terry's for Anime Friday.

I live down in Creswell, so even though I have my own house, I doubt it would be of benefit to others. So I am just trying to say I support your effort, and I hope I can either watch, or if I have to help. Not that I am averse to helping, just am too tired and busy since classes started back up again.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2007, 12:15:37 am »
jaybug, I'm really sorry about the time conflict :(...

Club recap: The meeting went well. There were about 9 people who showed so I was surprised to see such a good turnout :). We talked a lot about the club location and thought the Lane Community College classrooms would be worth checking into. I'll be scouting LCC out and other places downtown Eugene tomorrow and let people know what I find.

We also decided upon a time for club which will be *Thursday* evenings, starting around *7:00 pm*, and will last 2-3 hours. I'm sorry if this in an incovenient time for anyone :(. If the club grows to a big size, others might arrange get-togethers on the weekend too, maybe?

For the next meeting, we'll get straight to watching (I'll work hard to find a decent place by then!). For those who can make next week, are there are any anime series or movies that you'd like to see? What genres do you enjoy (comedy, shonen, sci-fi, magical girl, etc)? Which ones do you dislike? It sounds like most people are open to watching a wide variety. I hope to get a forum up specifically for the club (this one's for kumori-con topics) in the next couple weeks to make communication easier. Still gotta figure it out... is there anyone who knows how to set one up, by chance? Thanks...

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2007, 08:27:04 pm »
Ok, did you guys schedule anything for this Thursday, or are you still looking for a place? I think I will take this Thursday off. I need the rest.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2007, 12:34:25 am »
We're on for Thursday, but it looks like we don't yet have a permanent location secured for future meetings.  Nineflower is looking into LCC and the U of O Knight Library.  From what I know, I think I can guarantee that one of them will be able to have us. However, if it's the Knight Library, we may be limited to DVDs, as their multimedia setup, albeit pretty sweet, requires special cables if you want to play from a laptop. (anyone who attended the meeting has already heard about that)

I'll make sure the info is posted here by Thursday morning.  For those of you who are on Heather's mailing list, she'll be mailing you with the location information ASAP.

Anyway, sorry for the last-minute changes, but remember the club is only two weeks in the making.  We WILL have a place to hold it for this week; I can guarantee that. :)

By the way, I'm holding a Halloween gettogether tonight at my place. Costumes and cosplay are encouraged, and there'll be snacks and anime. Also drinks for those of age.  If you'd like to come, please give me a call at 206-9219.  I live in north Springfield, here.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 03:46:29 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2007, 10:32:46 am »
I work Thursday evenings until 10pm. How late will club meetings be going?
I haven't been able to make Terry's because I work Friday evenings til 10pm, about 1/2 hr drive from Terry's, then work again at 8am Saturday. But Friday mornings (except this one, when I have a midterm), I can typically get up a little later......

I am also an LCC student, btw.

Radien: What are the start & endtimes for your evening? I might be hanging out with Morlanna (my guest at 4 winds at An Tir West War). If she were interested, and the times worked for us, could I bring her? (Please reply by text message if answering later than 5pm.)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2007, 12:42:34 pm »
Radien: What are the start & endtimes for your evening? I might be hanging out with Morlanna (my guest at 4 winds at An Tir West War). If she were interested, and the times worked for us, could I bring her? (Please reply by text message if answering later than 5pm.)
Did I forget to say?

People are welcome at my door as early as 8pm.  How late will we be going? I'm not sure, but I suspect at least midnight, or maybe later, if people are still here. :) Heather will be here at 9pm, and she's my fellow mastermind for tonight. We'd be happy to see you if you can make it. Same goes for Morlanna (a.k.a. Alicia, right?).

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2007, 01:50:11 pm »
Correct:)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2007, 04:16:55 am »
Sorry I didn't see you there. Hope you can come to the anime club meeting.

Speaking of which, I can confirm the location. This week we're meeting at the Knight Library multimedia center. The multimedia center's front desk is a little ways to the right of the main entrance, on the first floor.  It's visible from the metal and vine archway which opens up onto the street.  It's two blocks south from the U of O Bookstore.

The media center has three showing rooms side-by-side at the end of the hall. If one the three is free (which is likely), we'll be using it, even without a reservation. So just go to those three rooms and look inside! (They are lettered A, B, and C, I believe)

Apollo Justice

Offline Nineflower

• Cabbit
    • Myspace page
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2007, 11:42:08 pm »
Thanks Radien for posting the info. I totally spaced out.. and should've remembered to post here :(. We actually met in the Mckinnon room (upstairs) near the Reserves section in the Knight Library. Although the tv is standard size, it's comfy little room. The room will be our back-up place and where we will be meeting for next week's meeting, Nov. 8th (unless I find a better location which I will keep you all updated on).