Author Topic: [hotel update] room block expanded, get your room now  (Read 13016 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
[hotel update] room block expanded, get your room now
« on: April 15, 2007, 04:43:26 pm »
i was checking because a friend said he couldnt find a room but yeah the hotel says its full
and its only april i find ths scary
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 05:30:02 pm »
Woah are you SERIOUS? That place is suppose to huge!!

*hugs room* I booked our room as soon as the place was announced for where the con is! Cause last year we this happend to us!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 06:02:54 pm »
oh thank god I made reservations at well... my house... I am just gonna be driving there every day which is prolly going to suck but oh well...oh damn I am prolly gonna waste so much gas I might aswell have gotten a hotel O.O
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 07:09:06 pm »
Quote from: "TheInsanePuck"
oh thank god I made reservations at well... my house... I am just gonna be driving there every day which is prolly going to suck but oh well...oh damn I am prolly gonna waste so much gas I might aswell have gotten a hotel O.O

Ugh driving everytime up there sucks.
I did it the first con...
NEVER again.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 07:14:46 pm »
I was just gonna crash at a friends house in p land and drive over like last year
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 07:40:44 pm »
Thank god I made my reservations 2 days ago XD I really was pushing it~
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 08:56:34 pm »
OMG!!!  I probably took the last room!  I seriously booked my room at like 1:30 or 2:00 today.  Thank goodness I decided on a whim to make my reservation today!

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 06:44:13 am »
They're ALL booked?!? O_O *is shocked... and relieved* We've had our reservations for monthes, whoo. e.e;;

THIS IS AWESOME!!! Dude, there's gonna be so many people there! *is more excited now* =D
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 09:51:47 am »
thank goodness we have our room already..

Of course, looking at the stats, I'm actually not that surprized.

2004  Marriott 502 rooms
2005  Doubletree 476 rooms
2006  Red Lion Inn 318 rooms
2007  Hilton 226 rooms

Anyone see a trend?  We have almost 100 rooms less than last year.   Now, in most of the other hotels, we were sharing the space with other conventions at the same time.  We have this hotel all to ourself, and the con space itself is big enough to probably support us, but if we're already selling out of rooms...

Eek.  

Well, time for back up!  Here's the closest hotels to it.  

Econo Lodge Vancouver
601 BROADWAY Vancouver, WA 98660
(360) 693-3668

Red Lion at the Quay
100 COLUMBIA Vancouver, WA 98660
Vancouver WA Area
(360) 694-8341

And those of you who already have rooms, and have extra space you're willing to share, please keep up with the "Plan Your Own Adventure" section of the forums so that people who don't have a space and are looking for someone to room with can connect up with you.
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 09:53:21 am »
Ghack! I just found out that we don't have a room  :shock:
We'll share... I think that Staff gets its own block, so if any staff have space in a room can we join in???

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 09:59:40 am »
Quote from: "Runa"
Ghack! I just found out that we don't have a room  :shock:
We'll share... I think that Staff gets its own block, so if any staff have space in a room can we join in???

The way the "staff rooms" worked out, was you had to have your room reserved first and then a certain amount of staffers would have their room put under the special staff rate later.  

So, if you don't have a room, you have to find someone to room with, or stay at the closest hotel.  :(

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 11:18:25 am »
I'll pass the message to our Facilities Liason. But a couple things to remember before you panic:

1) Hotels have this annoying tendancy of saying they're full when they're not. I'm not sure why, but they've done it in past years.

2) Our Facilities Liason has the magical ability to make more rooms - add more to our block.

I'll let him know what's going on, but take what the hotel says with a grain of salt until we investigate and confirm it. ;)
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 11:30:07 am »
No worries, there are still plenty of rooms available.  Our block only had 8 rooms set aside for Monday night, and those are what filled up, so if you were booking a room for Monday night as well, then it would come back as saying it was full (stupid system, I know).

I'm getting them to tack more rooms onto our Monday night so hopefully later this day people won't have this issue.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 11:39:07 am »
Oh my god thank you!!!!*bows to EvilMonkey*
Secrety secrets!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 11:44:31 am »
Well, according to the website, they have room at the super killer rip-off prices 189 - 229. We can't afford to waste that much money on a hotel room. Also, it's likely to be much better if staff who have to lug lots of stuff are actually at the real hotel. anyone want to share w/ us?    :cry:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 12:49:15 pm »
The hotel website will not give you discount prices. You need to call them when Rickie Foster, the Reservation Manager is in.

I talked to her today about the convention discount and I got a better price.

In addition to Vallie's info that she just posted. I've updated my maps page to show some more stuff in the area.

http://pockyclub.elite-otaku.net/maps.html

Click the link and scroll to the bottom.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 02:02:58 pm »
Website is updated with the correct pricing
~Sean Larson~

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 03:10:26 pm »
*bows* thank you EvilMonkey!!!!!!!!
-Mikae

Offline guenthar

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 03:50:39 pm »
Something else you can add to your map is that the Saturday Market is right across the street at Ester Shore park on Saturday and Sunday which has a bunch of places you can eat at.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Happy Runa
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 04:09:15 pm »
Whoo hoo hoo!
 :D   Evil Monkey did something "special" and when I called the hotel, I got a room ( 2 dbl beds ).   :D

<happy snoopy dance>   8)    

Oh, they said the whole hotel will be non-smoking by then. Yey for reduced allergy convention places.  :D

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 07:16:35 pm »
That's amazing.

Although, it's probably only because people bother to book so early that it fills up so quickly. People shouldn't be so quick to get rooms, it's sorrta scary.
I mean, wow, what if a real travel passing through needs a room? I gues they're out of luck. XD

Although, I'll be staying with my best friend, and her mom is crazy and already booked a room the DAY the hotel was announced, months ago.

I guess it only scares me because I'm such a lackluster, unpassionate person about most things, but even with how much I enjoy the con, I probably only would have checked for a hotel room like...a week before the con.

Maybe I'm just lazier than all you guys. XD

Offline Nagi_Hino

• Oni
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 07:34:27 pm »
i wouldn't say you are lazy. i booked mine a while ago. but thats just cause i know that i'm going and needed a place to stay considering it's like a 3hour drive from my house.

and as for some traveler passing through, they could still get a room. the hotels set aside i certain number of rooms for that time frame for the company/organization that wants to use their facilities. so travelers still have rooms available to them.
"don't make me come down there"

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 07:38:56 pm »
Quote from: "Mr_Mustash"
And I just checked, they really are out of hotel rooms.

yes cuz i am such the pathological liar you had to check...

anywho yay more room i glad my posting helped, chris and i had our room snce it was anonced too cuz last year we stayd at the oxford which dispite tasty free breakfast wasnt the con hotel tho considering how the rooms were we wern't that far

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 07:45:22 pm »
Quote from: "Nagi_Hino"
i wouldn't say you are lazy. i booked mine a while ago. but thats just cause i know that i'm going and needed a place to stay considering it's like a 3hour drive from my house.

and as for some traveler passing through, they could still get a room. the hotels set aside i certain number of rooms for that time frame for the company/organization that wants to use their facilities. so travelers still have rooms available to them.

Oh, well that is certianly smart of the hotels to do that!
I thought all of us con-goers would be sucking up eeevery single room. XD

Hmm, I wonder how they know which of us are reserving for the con? Heehee, I bet they just assume that if we're booking this far ahead, we're prooobably for the con. XD

@ SuperJaz: Heehee, did you stay at the hotel that was pretty much across the street from the con last year, too?

We actually got confused and thought that was the hotel it was in, so that's why we bought those rooms, and then we noticed it was across the street. We were all like "Huh. Opps. XD;;"

Offline Nagi_Hino

• Oni
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 07:49:23 pm »
Quote from: "Irate Beldam"

Hmm, I wonder how they know which of us are reserving for the con? Heehee, I bet they just assume that if we're booking this far ahead, we're prooobably for the con. XD

@ SuperJaz: Heehee, did you stay at the hotel that was pretty much across the street from the con last year, too?

We actually got confused and thought that was the hotel it was in, so that's why we bought those rooms, and then we noticed it was across the street. We were all like "Huh. Opps. XD;;"

well actually, the hotel gives each organization a code for the hotel room, that way they know who is booking for the con. such as Kumori-con's code is something like KUM
"don't make me come down there"

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 12:38:06 am »
Quote from: "Irate Beldam"

well actually, the hotel gives each organization a code for the hotel room, that way they know who is booking for the con. such as Kumori-con's code is something like KUM

Oooh. Hmm, I guess my best friend's mom must have known that when she booked the room or something, then. >_<
I sure had no idea about it. XD;;
[/size]

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 08:47:24 am »
When you book for the convention, you let them know what event you're staying for because that's how you get the convention discount.

According to their site, any regular person who attempts to book the hotel that weekend is going to be hit up for 189 - 239 per night... whereas us KumoriCon people are paying considerably less.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 09:22:15 am »
Hey everybody, we have a hotel page!

It has lots of cool stuff like a picture of the hotel, how to find it, how to contact them, how much the rooms are if you are staying for the convention, and a cool secret code you want to use when you book a room with them so you can take advantage of the special Kumoricon rate!

Also, sorry Jaz. I updated your topic subject to more accurately reflect the current situation. I didn't want to lead anyone to not try and get a room because they didn't read this far down the topic.

For everyone's information, here is how it works with the hotel and our room block:

1) We order a limited block of rooms with the hotel for the Kumoricon rate
2) Kumoricon attendees fill up the limited room block, hotel doesn't inform us
3) Kumoricon attendees complain on forums or elsewhere that the hotel is booked
4) Someone who knows how it works notices and forwards the information to the Facilities Liason
5) Facilities Liason contacts hotel, asks hotel to expand our block
6) Hotel expands our block, suddenly hotel is no longer booked
7) Repeat steps 2-7

And so it goes until the hotel really fills up or the universe explodes.

I don't know why the hotel can't automatically add rooms to the block or give us an unlimited number or notify us automatically, I think they are just not set up for any of those things.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 10:27:12 am »
Thanks for patronizing us.
There are nicer ways to correct information and help people to stop panicking.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 03:45:43 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Thanks for patronizing us.
There are nicer ways to correct information and help people to stop panicking.

Welcome to the internets...

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 04:29:20 pm »
My group and I flipped out so apparently our group already has a room... so... yaaay.?
haha well, at least there's finally been progress towards getting that room >__<;;
so la fin! lol
maki
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 06:11:37 pm »
Quote from: "Runa"
When you book for the convention, you let them know what event you're staying for because that's how you get the convention discount.

According to their site, any regular person who attempts to book the hotel that weekend is going to be hit up for 189 - 239 per night... whereas us KumoriCon people are paying considerably less.

...I hope my best friend's mom knew about the cheaper rate. o_o;;[/size]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 11:33:30 pm »
^ well last year my mom said she'd book my room as my birthday present and she forgot.. and when we checked it was full, but our hotel was so close i really wasnt too much of an inconvence, as if you noticed the legnth of last years con from one side to the other ... yeah thats about how far we were

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2007, 10:11:24 am »
Heck, if you had a car to drive over you could actually STAY at the hotel from last year's convention.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2007, 11:07:20 am »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Heck, if you had a car to drive over you could actually STAY at the hotel from last year's convention.

...  yes, you could...

But would you want to?

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2007, 11:15:48 am »
Ha! I've already reserved a room!  ---- In my house in Southeast Portland!!! ----
Oh! Snap!

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 02:12:08 pm »
Well just to post again I have a room booked it only has a king size bed but heck to cut costs I'm willing to sleep on the floor if I can get another person to share the room and costs.  So if there are any staff who didn't luck out with a room just send me a message :D

Offline AprilMarie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/theoneandonlyamr
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 09:07:48 pm »
I wanna get a room where the Con is being held at but i dont get paid til next Friday >.> Is this hotel huge? Never been to Kumori Con before so will it be bigger than any of the other years hotel? Thanks ^_^
"Too Fast To Live,Too Young To Die"

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 11:12:33 pm »
Quote from: "AprilMarie"
I wanna get a room where the Con is being held at but i dont get paid til next Friday >.> Is this hotel huge? Never been to Kumori Con before so will it be bigger than any of the other years hotel? Thanks ^_^

You don't need any money at the time of reservation, they won't charge you until you check out (though some place a hold on a certain amount when you check in).
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2007, 06:52:08 pm »
Oh good, I was scared, but now I have a quad-room YAY
Have YOU heard the good news of Jenova?

Offline MEDIC!!!

• Sailor Scout
    • FBook
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 10:55:53 am »
well i know me and dealrith are going to be going again this year so if we cant get a room well most likely just sleep out in the parking lot it would be nice to have a room but we cant afford to pay for one b/c we just finished moving to a new apartment

so if anybody is willing to room w/ the medic and a yojimbo we would be very greatful

if anybody feels like rooming us pls pm me
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 G37 L41D
Liquid Snake: There's A Killer Inside You
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Boom Baby Boom! I'm The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2007, 10:59:23 am »
The hotel is rather large, but we may well fill it. Fear not, as there is a possible overflow hotel just a block away. (It's a Red Lion).

It is best to be in the hotel where the con is, but in the event that this hotel fills, we'll make deals with surrounding hotel for better rates for con goers.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2007, 01:22:50 pm »
Quote from: "EcchiSpice"
It is best to be in the hotel where the con is, but in the event that this hotel fills, we'll make deals with surrounding hotel for better rates for con goers.

That's very good news.
Hey, if we do fill up the Hilton that'll be a very good reputation to take to other hotels for future conventions. They love it when this happens because it means they are guaranteed to make tons of money. A good revervation percentage for a convention means that more hotels will let us come play at their location.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2007, 08:55:43 pm »
my friend will be happy to know there is room

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2007, 06:25:21 pm »
When I saw this I immediately reserved a room.  Ah well, I needed to do that anyway.

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2007, 02:18:00 pm »
yay my friends and I have a room!!
-Mikae

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2007, 05:25:55 pm »
^ cute puppy

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2007, 10:48:08 am »
Noooo! They are all filled up again and our boyo who was supposed to get us a room a month ago now tells me he is only just now trying... and no luck! So unless more rooms could be added does anyone know of a good close hotel?

Pleading from a stressed party leader, Lin
Secrety secrets!

Offline Cyphernaut

• Oni
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2007, 11:36:03 am »
Hey guys,
I just reserved a room myself. They have 1 bed kings left as long as you use the "KUM" code online as the group/convention code. If you don't mention K-con when you call they will be booked! A lot of rooms have been locked up just for the convention. That is the only way to snake yourself a room. Hope this helps, but PM me if you have any questions!
What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2007, 02:50:41 am »
I got myself a room at the last general meeting, just a few days ago, along with one of my friends. If any of you were dismayed to hear that they were completely booked, you might want to double-check just in case, because if I got one then you might be able to manage it, too. Be sure to ask for the Kumori Con block and group rate, of course.

Calling in to be sure is always a good idea. I once snagged myself a room at Sakura Con long after they were announced as "full," because someone made a clerical error and didn't know there were more rooms available, but only to con attendees. We don't want to leave those rooms empty, because the hotel relies on us to keep them completely booked for that weekend. :)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice