Author Topic: Who do you think the Most powerful anime char is?NoDBZ/GT  (Read 16911 times)

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Who do you think the Most powerful anime char is?NoDBZ/GT
« on: August 18, 2004, 03:15:02 pm »
Simple question and like it says no DBZ,GT characters allowed.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Ayasima_Vexic

• Cabbit
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 03:22:13 pm »
That is unfair for DBZ/GT to be not allowed, for I, personally think GT is much better than DBZ, and DB is better than Z as well...but anyway. The most powerfull anime character. Are we talking just strength? Or Witts as well?

Witts, id say Jimmy Kudo from Case Closed, its my fav anime caz I just love puzzle solving, mystery that kinda stuff.

Strength....hmm....well this should also say no gundams allowed...lol. But I guess Sesshoumaru, and hes a smartie.

And someone with non super natural powers, who is strong, would either be Jet/Spike from Cowboy Bebop, and Lupin from Lupin III
~*~ Åÿå§ímà \/èxïç ~*~

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 03:59:35 pm »
Kei Amemiya from Jin-Roh, or Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell.  Kei was willing to die for her heart, and Motoko could just kick the ass of anyone and everyone who was near an electronic object. ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 04:00:03 pm »
Well Alucard from Hellsing is pretty burly, he gets turned into red paste a few times and just reforms and kicks more booty.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 04:01:36 pm »
Well Alucard from Hellsing is pretty burly, he gets turned into red paste a few times and just reforms and kicks more booty.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 06:53:56 pm »
Motoko Kusanagi, because Ghost in the Shell is #1 and she is horribly L33t

D because he's awesome

Or Alucard, because he is well....seriously B.A. + he can probably survive a nuklear blast.
Zombie bunnys are edible play toys

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 07:56:41 pm »
I don't know about the strongest, but the characters with the highest defensive capabilities are Jesse, James, and Meowth from Pokémon. Even Wylie E Coytie would have given up after, what, three hundred episodes?

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 07:59:39 pm »
well since i made the topic i may as well explain why no DBZ/GT. In DBZ Just after Vegeta got beaten by Goku the the battles were basicly Demi- God Versus Demi-god. the bad guys started to have the same powers and the story repeated too many times. almost Everyone of the characters After Frieza Showed up were able to Effortlessly vaporize planets.

anyways its time for me to put in my two sense worth into this topic. i think that Shannon(from Scrapped Princess)In Dragoon Form is the Best amognst the brute power catagory.

For Intellect i would have to go with Jimmy Kudo/Conan Edogawa.

and finally Sesshoumaru Gets the award for being nearly untouchable and impossible to kill.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
    • http://omniwarrior.tripod.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 08:45:32 pm »
Hmm well I like Naomi Armitage heh heh

Now for the video games is Lenneth Valkyrie (Platina).
Main reason I like her is the the power of destruction is ok but she gets the power of creation. It is my opinion that to gain the power of destruction you must first gain the power of creation to create such destruction. Umm is that kinda weird or does it make sense? I was into some wiccan/pagan things and there were so many people I met who never understood this idea...
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me...so tie me up and throw me down and show me that you like me...

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
Had a friend help me on this one
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 07:52:11 pm »
I've always thought that Yu Ominae from Striker (also known as Spriggan) Had a friend help me on this one. Here is why - Yu possess a number of abilities, both in and out of his suit. To be honest, some of these powers seem very hodgepodge, thrown together without regard for an underlying theme (which is not a bad thing!). Anyway, lets start at the top:  :arrow:
Yu is stated to be "Gifted with matchless coordination and reflexes." and even out of his suit is a very capable hand-to-hand fighter. He has undergone extensive martial arts training at the hands of Oboro, and is skilled both in unarmed and knife combat. His Arcam training has given him familiarity with a wide variety of weapons, such as pistols and assault rifles, and it is likely that Yu can use just about any firearm he can get his hands on. Yu is also fairly intelligent, and is well-versed in information dealing with Arcam, Arcam's competitor's, ancient artifacts, the world's military, and things dealing with the occult.
In combat, Yu's biggest edge is his omihalcon muscle suit. This suit is effectively bulletproof, and is also heat-resistant and pressure-resistant. It multiplies Yu's strength by 30 (150 kg x 30 = 4500 kg), and grants him increased agility. It would seem that the suit needs to be "turned on" before it can be used to its full potential. Certain scenes make it look like Yu has to activate the suit, causing the artificial to visually swell. This might be considered a -1/4 limitation (Extra Time: Full Phase) on any focused characteristics, but I doubt it would come into play enough to be worth it.
In addition to his suit, Yu carries a Sig-Saur P226 and a knife made from omihalcon. The knife is capable of cutting through most anything, and can even penetrate another omihalcon armored suit! At one point Yu stated the knife could affect "spirit forms" but I was unsure what was meant by that remark. Yu's suit also has a pair of wire launchers attached to the forearms. The launchers have 30 meters of line, small rock-climbing anchors and a motor strong enough to lift two to three people.
Yu's final power is his "psychic blow." Apparently, the suit allows him to concentrate psi energy into his fists, and then use this concentrated energy to dissipate an incoming psi attack or destroy spirits (hence the "Affects Desolid" Advantage).
Yu has several additional skills. He was able to spot a hidden surveillance camera from 50 yards away (his Danger Sense), has a highly accurate Bump of Direction, and seems to be able to detect others by sensing their "chi."
In combat, Yu prefers to fight hand-to-hand, taking out his opposition with the power of his armored muscle suit. He is practical, however, and will use firearms if his opposition is so armed, or if he cannot close the distance. His psychic blow is saved for those with psi powers, or ghosts and spirits.
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 08:37:33 pm »
Hey, does this mean Yu Yu Hakusho is not allowed as well?
They got the same trend like DB (but not as destructive)
But then, I can think of other characters who is capable of destroying planets...(lol)
But yeah, Sessy is like the only character who never went through defeat (exception when Inu cut off his arm)
-A.I-

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 09:40:31 pm »
the Characters in YYH are fine Just no" Demi-Gods"
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline trinket

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 10:05:26 pm »
what about demon lords?
because demon lord reanef is pretty powerful

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 02:40:28 am »
Is this even questionable?

I mean, come on, if you REALLY know your Anime, then the awnser would be clear.

And its not The Backstreet Boys (Lame joke that only people who watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force would understand).

Its Kasumii Kenshiro from Hokuto No Ken.

Clearly.

Not only is he strong, but he is intelligent aswell. His martial art style, Hokuto Shin Ken (The North Star God Fist), allows him to access one hundred percent of his bodys full physical potential (Whereas normal people only use about thirty percent) and about sixty percent of his mental potential (Whereas normal people only use around thirteen percent at any given time).

Not only that, but his martial art is dangerous as it sounds. Focusing on the over 700 acupressure points of the body, by strategically pressing them in certain orders, Kenshiro can control opponents bodys as he sees fit. He can make them kill themselves if he wanted. It is the most brutal form of technique that has earned Hokuto No Ken the title of Most Violent Anime Ever, due to the fact the peoples bodys literally explode, from the inside out. Heads explode. It doesn't get much more violent than that.

Hokuto No Ken makes DBZ look like childs play.

Not to mention the MANY other characters, such as Rei, who's style, Nanto Sui Cho Ken (South Star Waterfowl Fist), allows him to literally use his hands to rip peoples bodys to shreads.

See what happens when I get going?  8)

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 09:22:42 am »
Bravo. i think we have a winner. unless someone else has a better explanation to a character. I am surprised it took so long for someone to add Kenshiro to the topic. i guess there aren't a lot of Classic Anime fans out there. Or they neglected to mention him because the anime is a classic. The only other Characters at the moment who i think would stand a chance against Kenshiro would be Alucard From hellsing(maybe) and Benares From 3X3 eyes. alucard is only a maybe because he can only fight at night or in dark places, and silver kills him. Benares is also a maybe. he could use his demo summoning for a short time before that became ineffective. after that he would have no choice but to become a regenerating punching bag for Kenshiro, eventually waring him down until he is easy prey. but even that would take a while.

and sorry to crush all you YYH fans but i must say that absolutely nobody from the YYH Series could stand a chance against any of the main Fighters from Hokuto No Ken( Fist of the north Star). i think that about sums it up. So From now on throughout this topic detailed explanations should be posted with your Character pick.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2004, 12:25:16 pm »
I still defeind Motoko Kusanagi as being able to kick anyone's ass.  With the back up Section 9 could get her, or, even better, the back up she give herself! ^.^

(If you watch the series, you know that most of her drawers are loaded down with weapons, and she can control multiple bodies at once, or hack other people and force them to hurt themselves if she feels like it.)

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2004, 01:05:17 pm »
What about the characters from HunterxHunter? Sure, it's the same author and all but this series has strong characters too. Mind Assasin has cool ways of taking down opponents, as well as "Black Cat" and "Seikimatu Leader Takeshi" and other stuff that has not made it to US . It's really hard to decide since so many crazy things happens in Anime, there is absolutely no limit to what they can do.(O_O;)
-A.I-

Tetris

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2004, 01:26:17 pm »
Im going to say Uchiha Itachi. He just kind of glances in your direction and he can kill you.

Or Lina Inverse, I dont think any of the people listed so far could take a Giga slave and walk away from it.

Im just ignoring Kenshiro I hated that anime more than I hater the Samurai Showdown anime.

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2004, 01:43:04 pm »
Quote from: "Zenn"
alucard is only a maybe because he can only fight at night or in dark places, and silver kills him.

Alucard could never be defeated by Kenshiro
- Why??
:
1. Pressure points dont apply as Alucard is dead, and a supernatural creature. His nervous system doesn't exactly work.
2. He can be turned into paste, and still come back.
3. Silver doesn't work, neither does holywater, and everything else. It hurts him, but in his true form? Good luck.
4. See what his true form can do.

What about "Demon eyes Kyo"??
He can turn himself into a phoenix.

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2004, 02:23:07 pm »
Since when doesn't silver work? in episode 12 he was killed by Incognito with his own silver bullets. The only reason he came back was because of all of the bloodshead in the building that had occured before Alucards death. Though you may have got me with Kenshiro not being able to win But Rei from the same series could simply dice Alucard and keep dicing him long enough to put the goo in many individual jars.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2004, 02:30:46 pm »
Like I said he can just bring himself back together.
Now if he can do that, and come back even more powerful, you can't exactly say that silver works can you?

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2004, 02:37:07 pm »
Silver doesn't work on Alucard, nor does anything blessed. (Alucard wears blessed gloves!  His gove is made of a silver cross, as are all his bullets. ^.^ )

But I still think Kusanagi could kick his ass, if only because she would probably be able to keep him down long enough to seal him fully. (Alucard was sealed away by Hellsing's father, remember. )

But, whoever may win, that's still a fight I'd pay plenty to see. ^.^

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2004, 02:50:04 pm »
I think Alucard would win.
But Mokoto Kusanagi has been my fav anime character since 1997, so she has my backing all the way!
ps: See signature.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2004, 09:13:57 pm »
Bravo. i think we have a winner. unless someone else has a better explanation to a character. I am surprised it took so long for someone to add Kenshiro to the topic. i guess there aren't a lot of Classic Anime fans out there. Or they neglected to mention him because the anime is a classic. The only other Characters at the moment who i think would stand a chance against Kenshiro would be Alucard From hellsing(maybe) and Benares From 3X3 eyes. alucard is only a maybe because he can only fight at night or in dark places, and silver kills him. Benares is also a maybe. he could use his demo summoning for a short time before that became ineffective. after that he would have no choice but to become a regenerating punching bag for Kenshiro, eventually waring him down until he is easy prey. but even that would take a while.

and sorry to crush all you YYH fans but i must say that absolutely nobody from the YYH Series could stand a chance against any of the main Fighters from Hokuto No Ken( Fist of the north Star). i think that about sums it up. So From now on throughout this topic detailed explanations should be posted with your Character pick.

Nobody respects the classics anymore.

Its all about "blow this up" and "destroy that planet", not about the actual fist fighting.

Wanna kill Alucard?

Show him some ultra violet lights, that'll fry him.

As for Makoto, her batteries will run out before Kenshiro gets tired, and thats if he fails to just rip her body to shreads with his sheer brute strength.

Kenshiro is at the top of the mountain, everyone else is insignificant.  :D

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2004, 04:04:18 am »
*tries desperately to stop snickering*

I've got a few.

He may not stand up to a lot of the guys you're mentioning but you gotta recognize Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors/ romance of the Three Kingdoms. He kills thousands of people at a battle and most generals advice concerning him is "go the other way". Most importantly all the stories and legends are all based around a REAL LIFE HISTORICAL BAD ASS.

Tactically though Lu Bu is nothing, which gets me to the brains of the Three Kingdoms, Zhuge Liang. A tactical contemporary of the famous Sun Tzu!

They're both spoilers for Akira and Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

OK. First there's Akira.
He's transcended, what more need I say?
Sure his physical form may just be some organs in jars but if they're destroyed is an entity that powerful just gonn vanish?

Worse.
Giant Translucent Instrumentality Creepy Rei Ayanami.
She destroyed/unified/absorbed all of the people on the planet except for two in their Evangelions. In order to survive you'd either have to be an Evangelion (in which case you're gear, see another thread!) or piloting one. There's only a few people that could possibly get one and they're all psycho little kids. [Though I'd love to see a crossover fanfic that took.....oh.... Azumanga Daioh students and put them in Evangelion's school.] Most importantly she effects the soul. So unless you're artificial she'll get you. Then again, if you're a sentient robot then DO you have a soul? Hmmmmm!

Finally.
Shinji Ikari, he was one of two to survive Queen Creepy Rei.
and then he killed Asuka.

Going on style, intellect, and badassness alone though;
I think that Pen-Pen is untouchable.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2004, 08:25:39 am »
Quote from: "Magnus777"
I think Alucard would win.
But Mokoto Kusanagi has been my fav anime character since 1997, so she has my backing all the way!
ps: See signature.

Ok its tome to crush Alucard once and for all. I have just figured ot who  can, most definately, beat Alucard. Reiji Kageyama. You may think i'm crazy but here is how i see it. With them in a face off Reiji Would not only be able to see and counter every move Alucard makes before he makes them he would be able to suck him into his Black Gate. And all this is achievable whithout the power boost of a gate engine. Alucard has lost. I do so love gatekeepers. Ok. now that that's settled ppl try and find a character other than another Gatekeeper that can beat Reiji. povide a good explanation is to why you picked the character. happy hunting.

btw Akira is too powerful to be considered anything other than a Demi-God class character. so i hereby strike him from the record. and if you are wondering why here is my reasom. he is a disembodied spirit with enough psychic power to, effortlessly, create a small super nova. those reasons alone are enought to classify him as unveatable. if you dont like my reasoning than lump it.

can lump evn be used like that in a sentence? if not oh well.

Heres a quote of ny own:
Never underestemate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2004, 12:54:31 pm »
So that Reji guy can suck things into a gate/extradimensional space? What about him and Miroko from Inuyasha? He's got a crazy portal hand.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2004, 02:01:24 pm »
BigGuy has a very good point.
But it only works against demons doesn't it??

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2004, 02:37:13 pm »
Actually in the first episode in which he appears and fights with inu yasha he specifically states for the villagers to stay back for fear of them being sucked in, however he does become sick if poison bees fly in and his hand has been damged when sucking in certain deamons....damn its hard to type now! I'll remember why puter addicts shouldn't do their nails.  :?
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2004, 02:56:08 pm »

Nope, his hand can suck anything in (As riverspree just proved). Its like a black hole.

Oh, and I do so agree with the Lu Bu and Zhuge Liang mentions, unfortunatly, the question was anime character, not video game (I do play the Dynasty Warriors series, too (including the recent Samurai Warriors game)).

I still stand by my long-standing opinion that Akira is overrated.

Offline Knowbie

• Oni
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2004, 07:20:37 pm »
Quote from: "Dustin"

Nope, his hand can suck anything in (As riverspree just proved). Its like a black hole.

The first thing that must be pointed out with this faulty logic is that Miroku does not have a "black hole."  Our dear friend—Mr. Monk—has a wind tunnel.  A black hole is a semi-theoretical, physical anomoly that is self-consuming and all destructive.  Once set into motion, no manner of particle or matter may prevent a black hole from consuming surrounding materials; Miroku's "Wind Tunnel" is semi-containable.  However, this is just the beginning of the faulty logic.  

As Zenn has previously stated, Reiji contains two powers: a minus gate, which is an all-consuming vortex; and the fairly forgotten Gate of Foresight.  Much of what needs to be said about Reiji's minus gate has already been discussed, however, I feel the need to throw in that while Miroku's "Wind Tunnel" is formitable, Reiji's minus gate is emotion driven.  For anyone with an inkling to dabble in theoretical psychology, our emotions, if translated to a material plane, would be limitless.  Just this is a fearful thought; throw in the fact that Reiji has the power to foresee events that will happen, scares the **** out of me.  Reiji's Gate of Foresight is a constant gate—one that is unchecked by any power or mental ability.  At every moment this gate is purveying over every event that goes on around our dear anti-hero.  Our "anti-hero" becomes forewarned of impending doom.  Nothing, and I do mean nothing, goes on without the foresight gate having "analyzed" it and "checked" its possible threat—speaking in the most personified way possible.  Reiji, becomes an even more formitable foe.  Not only with a weapon at his disposal, but the inability to catch him "off-guard" prevent other persons from being successful in combat.  Our dear Reiji most certainly has the makings of a most powerful denizen.  

Oh, and for the younger guys: "Reiji kicks ass."

EDIT: In my first post on this board, I just pwned a page. mwahahaha.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2004, 08:32:44 pm »
Quote from: "Knowbie"

The first thing that must be pointed out with this faulty logic is that Miroku does not have a "black hole."  Our dear friend—Mr. Monk—has a wind tunnel.  A black hole is a semi-theoretical, physical anomoly that is self-consuming and all destructive.  Once set into motion, no manner of particle or matter may prevent a black hole from consuming surrounding materials; Miroku's "Wind Tunnel" is semi-containable.  However, this is just the beginning of the faulty logic.  

As Zenn has previously stated, Reiji contains two powers: a minus gate, which is an all-consuming vortex; and the fairly forgotten Gate of Foresight.  Much of what needs to be said about Reiji's minus gate has already been discussed, however, I feel the need to throw in that while Miroku's "Wind Tunnel" is formitable, Reiji's minus gate is emotion driven.  For anyone with an inkling to dabble in theoretical psychology, our emotions, if translated to a material plane, would be limitless.  Just this is a fearful thought; throw in the fact that Reiji has the power to foresee events that will happen, scares the **** out of me.  Reiji's Gate of Foresight is a constant gate—one that is unchecked by any power or mental ability.  At every moment this gate is purveying over every event that goes on around our dear anti-hero.  Our "anti-hero" becomes forewarned of impending doom.  Nothing, and I do mean nothing, goes on without the foresight gate having "analyzed" it and "checked" its possible threat—speaking in the most personified way possible.  Reiji, becomes an even more formitable foe.  Not only with a weapon at his disposal, but the inability to catch him "off-guard" prevent other persons from being successful in combat.  Our dear Reiji most certainly has the makings of a most powerful denizen.  

Oh, and for the younger guys: "Reiji kicks ass."

EDIT: In my first post on this board, I just pwned a page. mwahahaha.

Wow, even after I said it was "like", meaning similar, I never specifically labled it as a Black Hole.

But, hey, thanks for taking it out of context and proving that you cannot read, then posting a long explanation, which wasn't even warranted.

Good job.  :D

Offline Knowbie

• Oni
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2004, 09:55:48 pm »

Wow, even after I said it was "like", meaning similar, I never specifically labled it as a Black Hole.

But, hey, thanks for taking it out of context and proving that you cannot read, then posting a long explanation, which wasn't even warranted.

Good job.  :D

My good sir,  how my mind has trivled (yeah, you like those neologisms don't you) over your post.  The "Wind Tunnel" has no comparison whatsoever—whether it be process or theory—to a black hole.  That is why such a dissertation was warranted.  However, I'm glad to see that you are jumping to conclusions about my reading ability. xD

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2004, 10:12:56 pm »
Dustin yer a bit off topic, but as long as we're picking people apart, I think that what knowbie was trying to say is that it's laughable to compare a macrocosmic black hole to a microcosmic wind tunnel.

btw Dustin you just got pwned by Knowbie the Newbie
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2004, 07:25:56 am »
Girls, Girls your both pretty so there's no need to argue or get personal about this. On another note I was kinda afraid this was gonna happen, people, sometimes possibly grown adults participating in basically a yelling match about anime characters. Calm down, take a breath and try not to post angry.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Knowbie

• Oni
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2004, 08:34:19 am »
Oh dear, I do suppose that I was posting angry—wasn't I?  My goodness.  However, these things do happen every so often. heh.  I suppose it comes with being an otaku.  One just can't help it.  However, when idiocy—*cough*dustin*cough*—lays in front of me, I just can't help but correct the error.  heh.

I'm not saying that we should kill all of the stupid people; I'm just saying that we should take the warning labels off of products and let the problem take care of itself.

Oh, and BigGuy, thanks for calling me pretty. xD

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2004, 08:21:49 pm »
Well, it sure seems negative here, now.

If you two cannot see the distinction, then do not blame me.

Both Miroku's Kazaana and a Black Hole can take in any form of matter, including light, that was the similarity I was trying to point out.

However, some individuals cannot see that, no problem, not to me anyways.

By the way, Zenn, feel like being a hypocrite today?

Oh, and this isn't Counter-Strike, so please, leave all the "pwned" out, thank you.

My final point would be it doesn't matter if its macrocosmic or microcosmic, they both have pretty much the same properties, though I am in no way saying they are exactly alike, such as Miroku has a certain limit he can absorb at the same time (because it goes into him and can affect him), still, if you where to compare it to anything else known to Human beings, a Black Hole would be the closest thing.

Unless the Kazaana really exist, which it doesn't.

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2004, 06:34:18 am »
ok. now lets all get back on topic.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2004, 02:08:46 pm »

Oh, and I do so agree with the Lu Bu and Zhuge Liang mentions, unfortunatly, the question was anime character, not video game (I do play the Dynasty Warriors series, too (including the recent Samurai Warriors game)).

Ha! It IS an anime!
Romance of the Three Kingdoms is hundreds of years old! They've made live action and animated series as well as the dozen video games. All the characters are the same!

Man, I feel like I'm back on AOL's chatrooms.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2004, 05:54:45 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"

Ha! It IS an anime!
Romance of the Three Kingdoms is hundreds of years old! They've made live action and animated series as well as the dozen video games. All the characters are the same!

Man, I feel like I'm back on AOL's chatrooms.

Actually, its a chinese novel from hundreds of years ago about the time Journy to The West was originally written, its a fictional tale of the three kingdoms and would, by todays standards, be a sort of tragic love story, I believe (havn't actually read it, but I gathered alot of information after Dynasty Warriors interested me in the Three Kingdoms Era). The story of The Three Kingdoms is appearantly taken from real truth, however, according to chinese history.

Man, if a real Lu Bu existed, he must been one bad mother...SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

LMAO, man, that joke was LAME. o_O;

*feels like hes back on old Yahoo chats from years ago*

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2004, 07:10:04 am »

Wanna kill Alucard?

Show him some ultra violet lights, that'll fry him.

That wouldn't work, Alucard isn't hurt by sunlight or any kind of light. Alucard is Dracula (it says so at one point in the manga) + all the improvements the Hellsing orginazation has made over the years. If it was night I think Alucard could beat anyone (he might have a hard time with a black hole though), in the day he would have a much harder time.

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2004, 01:00:11 pm »
Hooah! Black Hole ownz
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2004, 02:38:53 pm »
Hooah! Black Hole ownz

See, I told ya.  :D

Most people will compare it to a Black Hole, even if it isn't one.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2004, 03:29:10 pm »
How about that main bad guy from Outlaw Star? He crawls back out of the implosion caster. Wasn't that like a sort of super gravity anomaly?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2004, 07:20:10 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
How about that main bad guy from Outlaw Star? He crawls back out of the implosion caster. Wasn't that like a sort of super gravity anomaly?

Yeah, I totally forgot about that (Even though I got it on DVD), Hazanko was hit with a bullet that made a mini-black hole and sucked him right in, then it imploded.

However, he used some sort of Tao magic to escape it.

....man, its been awhile since I watched Outlaw Star, great series....

My favorite episode is Hit Springs Planet Tenrei. ^__^

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2004, 08:29:51 pm »
hmm... I dont know if the tao magick would have any effect on a gate. the only way that i know of to get out of the gate is by opening the same gate you went into
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2004, 11:33:18 pm »
hmm... I dont know if the tao magick would have any effect on a gate. the only way that i know of to get out of the gate is by opening the same gate you went into

The only thing I can think of is that.

I mean, in The Galactic Leyline, Hazanko wished for the "Ultimate Power In The Universe", and gained it. However, the only power he would have, at the point the Castor was fired, would be his Tao Magic. Process of elimination states that as, at the least, the catalyst to re-opening the gate.

It took Gene some of his life-force to fire that, so maybe it took Hazanko some life-force to re-open it.

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2004, 07:35:50 am »
i think you got me. it is a stalemate unless Hazanko's escape in fact does require life force then Reiji would eventually win. apon escaping, Reiji could immediately suck him into another gate thus starting an almost never ending loop. so basically it would get down to who has the most energy. Reiji's Black gate takes decades of use to start to start sucking him into it. even then it only takes a little at a time. I dont know how much if ant energy tao magic drains.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2004, 11:51:04 am »
i think you got me. it is a stalemate unless Hazanko's escape in fact does require life force then Reiji would eventually win. apon escaping, Reiji could immediately suck him into another gate thus starting an almost never ending loop. so basically it would get down to who has the most energy. Reiji's Black gate takes decades of use to start to start sucking him into it. even then it only takes a little at a time. I dont know how much if ant energy tao magic drains.

Yep, we're at an impasse, as it is never explained how Hazanko ever got out.

Maybe he found a sign that said "EXIT" in there, for all we know.  :D

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.mphpress.com
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2004, 04:20:39 pm »
Raw Power: Ifurita from El-Hazard: The Magnificent World.

Combination of power and cleverness: Lina Inverse from Slayers

Sheer Smarts: Conan Edogawa/Jimmy Kudo from Case Closed/Detective Conan

Technological Prowess: Washuu Habuki from Tenchi-Muyo!

The Wile E. Coyote Award for Defying Darwin: Ataru Moroboshi from Urusei Yatsura

Most Versatile Fighter: Ryoko from Tenchi-Muyo!

Most Charismatic: Sakura Kinomoto from Card Captor Sakura. It was physically impossible for anyone to hate this girl even as she became Earth's Sorceress Supreme.

Best Exorcist: Sailor Moon.
Michael Hopcroft Press
http://www.mphpress.com

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2004, 04:44:20 pm »
Shouldn't "Best Exorcist" be Kagome from Inu yasha?

I mean....she is a shrine maiden and stuff, and does have all those powers.

Makes more sense than Sailor Moon.

Sailor Moon SHOULD have a category that first her though.

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2004, 04:50:10 pm »
Best Exorcist would go to either Kagome(iny Yasha) or Yakumo Fujii(3X3Eyes). the reason i say Yakumo is because that is what he does for the 4 years he is seperated from Pai. and he is good enough at it to gain notoriety throughout the demon world.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2004, 04:54:08 pm »
Best Exorcist would go to either Kagome(iny Yasha) or Yakumo Fujii(3X3Eyes). the reason i say Yakumo is because that is what he does for the 4 years he is seperated from Pai. and he is good enough at it to gain notoriety throughout the demon world.

I agree, Yakumo would gain a good reputation. He knows martial arts, aswell. Also, he cannot die (in a way, you know what I mean if you've seen it).

But, I believe Kagome has delt with stronger demons, so I feel it should go to her. 3X3 Eyes was more of a love story, in a way (not saying Inu Yasha isn't, but Inu Yasha is more recognizable, longer, more in depth, etc etc).

Good choice with Yakumo though, I almost forgot him.