Author Topic: Cosplay Adventures! ::(outside of the con)::  (Read 7032 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Cosplay Adventures! ::(outside of the con)::
« on: April 01, 2007, 09:46:36 pm »
Tell me about your adventures cosplaying outside of the con :3

Today my friend and I walked to Albertsons cosplaying as Haruko from FLCL ::(me):: and him as Bankai Ichigo from Bleach XD It was highly amusing watching people give us looks while we walked down the street. When we got into Albertsons we bought some icing and left. We think the cashier thought we were high XD
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 01:26:50 am »
After last Kumoricon, the friend who was driving me owed me some money, so we stopped at Haggen so he could get some cash, and I was still in my costume. I didn't see anyone giving me looks though, which was interesting.

Not sure if that counts, though, since it was right after the con.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:43:13 am »
ON our last trip to Japan (Fall 2002) I brought along my "Muriel Bouquet" outfit to wear one day while shopping in Akihabara and Harajuku...I don't think anyone even noticed that I was cosplaying... The only time I'm reasonably certain at least the shopkeeper noticed was when I was actually standing underneath a "Noir" poster w/ Muriel bouquet & Kurika posing together...  :lol:

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 03:39:37 pm »
I have a habit of wearing cosplays outside of cons - don't want them to go to waste. X3 plus it's fun dressing up.

More recently I 'crossplayed' Light at the Pocky Club meeting. I guess I was a bit convincing, because girls gave me stares when I went to the bathroom...

Sometimes I wear my Alice outfit to school. :3 Planning on wearing it to the Sakura Festival ~ :3

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 03:46:51 pm »
None of my friends let me ride with them if I'm cosplaying. So I get very few chances to wear stuff out. My friends are squares.

The only costume I'd wear out and about nowadays though is my Fujisawa Sensei sweatsuit. I look more like some sort of Russian mobster more than an anime character though.  :oops:
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 06:56:53 pm »
Well, they're not costumes but whenever I go out in lolita I get odd stares and rude/strange/?! comments.

My favorites:
"Hay Pickachu, come 'ere!"
"Are you in a play?"
"Are you amish?"
"Ohmygoodness! This is Magical! Ohmygoodness! What is this? Is this magic? Is this a magical day?"

One man:
"Did you lose your sheep?"
"Do I look like I've been hearding sheep in this outfit? :/"

And someguy was like "What's with the uniforms?" BUT I thought he said "unicorns" so I turned around and I was all like "DO WE LOOK LIKE UNICORNS?!"

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 08:14:16 pm »
Well the only cosplay I've ever really done is an L cosplay. And I was at school *wearing not very shoey shoes either...thin slippers I believe*

and my friend who looks like Raito looked at me when I walked in the room and nearly died it was so funny X3

ahhh who knew a white shirt and jeans could cause so much terror X3
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 02:29:36 am »
I don't know if it's exaaaactly "cosplaying," but I tend to dress excentric and weird every day I leave the house.
(In fact, it's gotten to the point where I sort of refuse to leave the house if my outfit isn't weird enough...)

I'm the kind of person you'll never catch dead in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans.
Well, actually, I wore that on Halloween. And everyone I knew thought it was hillarious that I dressed "normal" for Halloween. XD

I tend to dress in a vaugely Lolita style, or just a bit different when I go out.

Something similar to these photos~six photos of silliness follow:
(And I appoligize beforehand if any of these show up as too large on anyone's computers. They look smallish on my screen, but when I open them up on my boyfriend's desktop they look big. o.O )

Because of my dress and makeup, I kinnda get comments and constant stares everytime I leave the house.

So I guess everyday is an adventure?

I've had people scream that they wanted to marry me upon quite a few occasions. o.O;
[/size]

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 03:36:51 pm »
Oh god I love your clothes *drools* these are such great pictures! you have awesome style o_o;;;;;!!!!!!!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 05:10:54 pm »
Eeeks~ Irate Beldam your clothes are very cute :3

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 09:42:00 pm »
Heehee, thanks guys. >.<

It's really fun to dress silly, though~~

I just wish I had real anime costumes to wear everyday! That would really be a looooot more fun. n____n
[/size]

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 09:53:05 am »
The only time I have cosplayed outside of the con was when I dressed as Hyatt from Excel Saga and died on little kids including my sister when I took them out trick or treating.
Secrety secrets!

Offline Raccon-Faced_Keruri

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 04:47:33 pm »
At an anime club meeting not long ago, ~boogiepop~ dressed up as Haruko, and I dressed up as Noh-Face. Who was the third cosplayer, boogiepop?

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 06:16:36 pm »
Quote from: "Irate Beldam"
I don't know if it's exaaaactly "cosplaying," but I tend to dress excentric and weird every day I leave the house.
(In fact, it's gotten to the point where I sort of refuse to leave the house if my outfit isn't weird enough...)

I'm the kind of person you'll never catch dead in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans.
Well, actually, I wore that on Halloween. And everyone I knew thought it was hillarious that I dressed "normal" for Halloween. XD

I tend to dress in a vaugely Lolita style, or just a bit different when I go out.

Something similar to these photos~six photos of silliness follow:
(And I appoligize beforehand if any of these show up as too large on anyone's computers. They look smallish on my screen, but when I open them up on my boyfriend's desktop they look big. o.O )

Because of my dress and makeup, I kinnda get comments and constant stares everytime I leave the house.

So I guess everyday is an adventure?

I've had people scream that they wanted to marry me upon quite a few occasions. o.O;
[/size]

little miss if you didn't wear so much makeup and such fine oddities you would be able to eat more and healthier at that *HUGS* less weirdness more nutrition okies?

Furthermore my friend and I were walking around Seattle during sakuracon but outside of the con itself and people kept asking us what was going on and why we were dressed so strangely. What was even funnier were the looks we got when we walked into a starbucks. The lady there was afraid to ask because she didn't want to offend us. I guess people walk around like that sometimes but there is nothing stranger to them than a blond wigged ninja walking down the street with a frap in her hand.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 06:36:04 pm »
Quote from: "babysugarbear28"
little miss if you didn't wear so much makeup and such fine oddities you would be able to eat more and healthier at that *HUGS* less weirdness more nutrition okies?

WTF?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 09:07:13 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"

WTF?

My thoughts exactly? haha XD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 09:22:33 pm »
Quote from: "Raccon-Faced_Keruri"
At an anime club meeting not long ago, ~boogiepop~ dressed up as Haruko, and I dressed up as Noh-Face. Who was the third cosplayer, boogiepop?

Sean who stole my Ruby Moon costume LMAO

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 09:13:32 pm »

WTF?

Yeah, exactly.

Just because he's thin dosn't mean she dosn't eat. Some people have, you know... control over what they eat. they stick to porportions and healthy eating choices.

That comment is just so rude. Really. When did it become socially acceptable to go around hecklings skinny girls? Would it be okay for me to say to a fat girl, "You know, you should put down that box of pocky and head to the gym. *HUGS* "
 No. it wouldn't. Ashley is one of my friends and frankly, have you ever seen her eat? Because she does.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 09:24:09 pm »
All right another Catgirl boxing match at the Urinyourjammies sakura fest next week.  I should bring oven mits made up to look like those Kwaii catgirl mittins
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 09:26:29 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
Urinyourjammies sakura fest

LOL!!! :lol:

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 09:29:13 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"

WTF?

Yeah, exactly.

Just because he's thin dosn't mean she dosn't eat. Some people have, you know... control over what they eat. they stick to porportions and healthy eating choices.

That comment is just so rude. Really. When did it become socially acceptable to go around hecklings skinny girls? Would it be okay for me to say to a fat girl, "You know, you should put down that box of pocky and head to the gym. *HUGS* "
 No. it wouldn't. Ashley is one of my friends and frankly, have you ever seen her eat? Because she does.

maybe he only saw her at a con
cuz no one sees any one eat at a con (cept for pocky ramune and tea party stuff)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 09:53:27 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"

WTF?

Yeah, exactly.

maybe he only saw her at a con
cuz no one sees any one eat at a con (cept for pocky ramune and tea party stuff)

Oh, no, I wasn't reffering to Tom's comment, but to Babysugarbear's.

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 12:35:39 am »
I think baby Sugar Bear was just refering to the fact that sometiiiimes, I save money I should be using on food and doen't eat quite as much as I should, just to be able to afford neat clothes. XD

I think I mentioned that last year in the forums, and they must be remembering the fact that I said that. XD
I don't think it was actually meant to be rude. >_<

Buuut, I do agree with Neko, Tom, and SuperJaz!!
It's very true, you don't have to eat poorly to be thin--some people just are.
And you don't have to eat a lot to be chubby, for that matter. That's just how some people's bodies are. >_<

Whenever I have the money though, I promise I eat.
S'just that sometimes, college students don't have the best diets.

I'm sure most people who have been to/ are currently in college know that. XDD;

I really do agree with Neko, though.
It's sad when people heckle anyone who is thin, or fat. (Even though none of that was going on in this thread.)

All of our metabolisms must hate us. T___T
[/size]

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/maetel9/
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2007, 01:03:42 pm »
I think baby Sugar Bear was just refering to the fact that sometiiiimes, I save money I should be using on food and doen't eat quite as much as I should, just to be able to afford neat clothes. XD

I think I mentioned that last year in the forums, and they must be remembering the fact that I said that. XD

And you don't have to eat a lot to be chubby, for that matter. That's just how some people's bodies are. >_<

It's sad when people heckle anyone who is thin, or fat. (Even though none of that was going on in this thread.)

[/size]

that's true!
i eat mostly just dessert/cake/bread/red meat. i should be hueg liek xbox but i can't gain weight at all :x

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2007, 03:36:29 pm »
Quote from: "maetel"

[/size]

that's true!
i eat mostly just dessert/cake/bread/red meat. i should be hueg liek xbox but i can't gain weight at all :x

Indeed. :}

I don't eat large amounts, but I mostly eat meats and sweets, and bready type things~
By all accounts I should be massive!
[/size]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 04:37:49 pm »

I'm sure most people who have been to/ are currently in college know that. XDD; All of our metabolisms must hate us. T___T[/color][/size]

my friend steph and  have this problem at psu we want to eat healthier but its hard to eat a meal under 6 buck and if you want to eat cheap then it even spender like i i just bouht a la cart roasted chicken breast its 4 bucks vs the price of 2 bucks for a fried chicken breast at safe way
or 1.25 for 3 desent sized subway cookies or 1.35 for 2.3 oz of apple sliceses, i know your saying bring lunch fron home but it har of thinking of somthing to bring that would keep till lunch when lunch at 1200 and i leave at 6ish am
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 10:47:35 am »
Quote from: "~boogiepop~"
Quote from: "Raccon-Faced_Keruri"

Sean who stole my Ruby Moon costume LMAO

Yeah....that was fun. We should do it again sometime.
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 11:25:32 pm »
At Sakuracon, my friends and I went to pikes place in costume.  On the way there someone stopped me and said they were tourists and wanted to get a picture of me with their daughter.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.