Author Topic: Registration Information as of August 18 (modified)  (Read 2732 times)

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Registration Information as of August 18 (modified)
« on: August 17, 2004, 04:54:29 pm »
Okay, here is the current status as it pertains to pre-registration, and at-the-door registration:

Pre-Registration is technically closed.  The electronic pre-reg page does not, as of 14 seconds ago while writing this, exist anymore.  This also means that if you send in any registrations by mail from this day forward, you have two things to remember.  Those two things are (1) That you will be paying the at-the-door price of $35;  (2) Kumoricon and staff are NOT RESPONSIBLE for registrations that are "in transit" by mail or not received if they are postmarked after the August 14 deadline for pre-registration.  If we receive anything by snail mail, we will process it, we will pre-register it, and if it was mailed by or before August 14, it will be at the $30 price (otherwise it will still cost you $35).  For example, if you send in a registration form on August 31, and noone from the convention staff receives it before the con, and you say you registered, it does not count.

In other words, if you haven't pre-registered by now, you're better off not doing so.  Just pay the $35 at the door.  

At-the-Door Registration is not only being allowed, it is being encouraged.  Just because the pre-registration is closed doesn't mean we aren't selling tickets.  In fact, tell as many people as possible about the con, please!  Registration is not locked up tight, just the advance registration is.  You can still get in for the $35 cost for all three days.  Besides, even at $35, this con is dirt-cheap compared to many others and what you're going to get out of it.  Noone who pays the at-the-door cost will regret it, so if you haven't signed up for the con, show up anyway!  We won't turn you away, honest!

Single-Day Badges will be available!  I believe on Monday the cost is $15, and on Saturday and Sunday it is $20.  But I may be wrong.  If I find out differently, I will change this post.  I can't seem to locate the post that had the single-day prices in it at the moment, but I know it exists.  There was no pre-registration for single-day passes, so anyone purchasing a single-day pass will pay for it at the door.

NEW INFO: Friday Night Badge Pickup is going to happen! At a time still to be determined Friday evening, the registration tables will be open for several hours for badge pickup for pre-registered congoers. A good estimate right now would be 7:00 PM, but this time is subject to when certain aspects of setup and when my arrival in Portland are both taken care of.  Whether or not at-the-door registrations will be handled on Friday night is still undecided, but will be figured out by con time, and that info will be posted here as appropriate.  

Questions Regarding Registration can be directed to one of three places:  (1) You can send me a private message on this messageboard (I have no problem responding to these - it's what I'm here for); (2) You can email me at kumoripez@hotmail.com ; (3) Or you can email registration@kumoricon.org .  Any of these avenues will get my attention, and since I'm the one in charge of the registration, I will get back to you as soon as possible, and I will help in any way I can.  Please try to avoid using the staff@kumoricon.org email address for registration questions.  That email is for questions not relating to registration, and there is plenty enough of that as it is.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say thank you all for your cooperation and your patronage.  I hope you all enjoy the con in a couple of weeks... I know I'm going to!

=^~.~^=

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=