Author Topic: Gaming (And Card?) Tournaments!  (Read 4844 times)

Offline SonicBoor

• Cabbit
Gaming (And Card?) Tournaments!
« on: March 20, 2007, 09:39:30 pm »
In short: I would like to volunteer to Organize and run as many gaming tournaments as possible for this coming year. Last year went fairly well with myself and my friend Mark sort of running them because we were there, but I'd like to think that I could help us do even better. We had some issues where people didn't know when their matches were, or whether or not they had been eliminated (or even included) in some of the tournaments.

I would like to help organize the game room to be more conducive to the tournament environment without detracting from casual play. I am more than happy to show up the night before the Con and help set up tables and TV's again as well.

I was on staff last year and I had a blast, and I would love to do it again in this capacity.

Edit: This is the "And Card" portion of my post. I know a guy who is an official Judge for Wizards of the Coast. I don't know yet if he's decided whether or not he's going to come, but I would like to see (read: Play in) magic the gathering tourneys going on.

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:42:13 am »
id love a Pokemon TCG tourney!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 12:15:49 pm »
i would sugest talking to vallie as she is incharge of vollenteers and she can match you up with the peeps incharge of what you want to help with
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 01:03:42 pm »
Also, further down in the forums there's a thread started by Monica, the Gaming Manager. So you can post your ideas there too!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 12:38:56 pm »
I'll be bringing all sorts of Bemanis (BeatMania/IIDX , DDR, StepMania, Pump It Up, ITG, controllers, mem cards, even my StepMania machine if I ever get a reply from the Programming Manager or Operations manager about it), so I've pretty much got the con covered for rhtyhm games except Pop'N, PPP, and GH.

As for a Magic:TG tourney, "I'd tap that." (lolgetit?)
I need to find my thallid deck. . .
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 03:04:21 pm »
Quote from: "QElderHell"
id love a Pokemon TCG tourney!

Me too! Unlimited, though, since I only have the older cards.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 10:05:45 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'll do it here, anyways.

Has anybody ever heard of the Tomb Raider card game?  I bought a box of these cards about, oh, I'd say a year 1/2, 2 years ago.  I have no idea how to play it, since instructions didn't come with the box.  The website on the side of the box has been shut down, or something like that. :cry:

Anyway, maybe one of you will know how to play it, or at least the basic idea.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline {Die}Destroyer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 09:28:20 am »
is there any one who is going to be holding a naruto tournement??? becuase im a judge for that game and i can probably get some prize support if u give me a heads up.