Author Topic: Yomiko costume?  (Read 2840 times)

Offline LiteraryLitany

• Oni
Yomiko costume?
« on: March 20, 2007, 06:50:12 pm »
Hey there, I'm hoping to cosplay as Yomiko Readman from Read or Die, but I haven't been able to track down a costume yet... It's starting to look like I might have to make my own, and my sewing skillz... are lacking to say the least.

Anyone? Help? Please?

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Yomiko costume?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 09:25:04 am »
Well, you do have some time before the con to scrounge up appropriate ready-made clothing. Some parts you will have to make yourself, since I don't think you'll find all of it available in ready-made clothing. Don't forget to search Value Village, Salvation Army, and yard sales.

Remember: If you find something that's the right shape, but the wrong color, you can bleach the color away then dye it the appropriate color. Tea does wonders for making shades of brown (which is what ms Readman wears most of the time). You can also paint a rolling suitcase the appropriate shade of brown if you find one of about the right size.

Take along a color picture of your character every time you go out and look around for things that look like they would match. I'm sure you can find a few items.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Yomiko costume?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 12:29:42 pm »
i have a jackt a bit like hers if you want to barrow it for the con (i made a cosplay of hers once)
but no she's pretty easy, plain black skirt, white long sleaved shirt, brown vest, black pumps or flats would work, do you wear glasses?, are you doing the movie costume?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline LiteraryLitany

• Oni
Yomiko costume?
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 09:00:10 pm »
*nodnods and takes notes* Thanks. The skirt, shirt, and tie at least I should definately be able to find somewhere. The jacket is my main difficulty and I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I do want it to be as close as I can get...

ooOoo, brilliance! On the dying idea. I even have some brown dye that should be perfect for the vest!

Yeah, I do wear glasses, although mine are a bit thinner than hers... It's a small worry of mine, but I'm hoping it won't be too much of a biggy. Do you guys perchance know what the kind of coat she wears is called if it has a name? *ponders*

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Yomiko costume?
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:53:03 pm »
for some reason I had a link to some Yomiko Readman images.  I was thinking I have an old leather suitcase that would work for any one's aunt who wanted to cosplay Yomiko but I see hers is more of a 3/4 steamer trunk.  All the costume could be a found in a few trips to thrift stores except the coat and trunk.  I do see 3/4 size trunks there from time to time.  For the coat you best bet is to keep an eye out for a old light colored wool over coat and then add the brown wood cuffs and color

http://www.animegalleries.net/album/251
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline LiteraryLitany

• Oni
Yomiko costume?
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 07:47:53 pm »
^_^ Thanks! I might have a few options for the trunk that a feasable. My family just bought a bunch of hard suit-cases, so I'm going to dig through that pile and see what I can get... and start pondering what kind of paper it might be humorous to put in it... Maybe fanfiction... Or just lots of books...

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Yomiko costume?
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 07:49:56 pm »
Be sure to load in some junk mail and then later on raid a recycle bin and take whatever's in there.  :D
It could be amusing to see what random bit o' paper stuff you find....

Offline LiteraryLitany

• Oni
Yomiko costume?
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 08:44:32 pm »
^_^ Oh, I'm going to love being Yomiko! Finally I can carry around my stack of books and have it be completely normal.

And I've looked in random recycling at school a few times out of boredom... Note-passers really shouldn't be so eco-friendly.

Offline Keenon Williams

• Sailor Scout
Yomiko costume?
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 10:26:14 pm »
O_O I MUST GET A PICTURE WITH THE YOMIKO COSPLAYER

I MUST! *goofy fist pump*
06 - Naruto Uzumaki
07 - Ryoga Hibiki
08 - Kunio-kun
09 - Doctor Insano (Spoony Experiment), Seta Noriyasu
11 - Yuri Volte Hyuga

Help me make this year memorable! Take pictures with me at Kumoricon '11!