Author Topic: Karaoke!!!  (Read 9429 times)

Offline AyaMitsukai

• Cabbit
Karaoke!!!
« on: August 01, 2004, 01:54:16 am »
Hey does anyone know...is there a time limit? like does a song have to be shorter then a certain time or what? lol

And who is gonna sing!?!?! I MIGHT! ^_^
shuichi: It was like some bad joke....i only wish that was the punch line.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 11:14:01 am »
If Karaoke goes until 4 am I might get up and sing Komm Susser Tod if I have a spare few minutes. (Komm Susser Tod is the happy end of the world song from End of Eva for those who don't know.)

Unfortunatly I'll probably be on duty, and the funny people at the Genova Convention seem pretty insistent that I DON'T sing. ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline AyaMitsukai

• Cabbit
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 07:26:36 pm »
that would be cool. Do you know if songs like have to a certain length or less? cuz i have a song i wanna sing but i am not sure if it is too long.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 07:37:58 pm »
There's someone in charge of the Karaoke who would know, but I don't know who.  Sorry. ^.^;

Offline AyaMitsukai

• Cabbit
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 07:44:01 pm »
okie ^_^ thankies anyway! Hope you get the chance to sing!

Offline SesshysRin

• Cabbit
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/sohmas_onigiri
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 12:28:59 pm »
I wanna sing for fruits basket, xD woot
Shuichi: Hiro, you never told me...
Hiro: But, how could I? You just weren't into me... BUT you're into hiiiiiiiim!

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 11:29:49 pm »
To sing a song, do we have to bring in our own music, or is there a list somewhere that shows which songs are available?
-A.I-

Offline Teregate

• Cabbit
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 05:46:05 am »
If it's normal, large a Karaoke machine with a computer and everything that's being used, it should have songs programmed in, but they're usually just popular songs. I'm guessing that it'll either be like that, or have no songs in the machine.
I can count all de way to schfifty-five...

Offline AyaMitsukai

• Cabbit
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 10:46:33 pm »
Well what i wanna know now are two things lol.
ONE: Can we sing more then one song? Cuz my friend and i wanna sing together but we can pick what song.
Two: Still same question about the time limit lol

Offline -MiYaVi-

• Catgirl
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 11:48:07 pm »
the whole thing sounds fun! since im going as songstress yuna i was wondering if there r any lenne cosplayers that would like 2..sing 1000 words with me of course i like 2 practice tho ^_^ but i still dont kno if ill sing with some1 if i get my confidence up then i will with no hesitation so any takers?
MiYaVi

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 03:15:52 pm »
if you wanna sing a song, but no karaoke verison exists... as me and i MIGHT be able to write a piano arrangent of it, depending on the song. then i can make a pisno recording for you to use, plus id give a second song with a clarinet playing the vocals, so you can practice with both ^^
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 08:35:09 pm »
*raises hand* That's me. :) Sorry for taking awhile to get back to you.

Regarding the Karaoke Contest:

You should plan on bringing your own music. CD is best. Please be sure it is labelled with your name, song name, and track number. All music must be in Japanese OR from a Japanese anime ORfrom a Japanese game OR it can be an anime filk. (See the Karaoke Contest thread in the Contests forum for more details.)

If you want a karaoke machine, skip down to the Karaoke Room section below.

The maximum song length for karaoke will be the standard 5 minutes.

Some of you may have songs that go over by only 15-30 seconds. I apologize, but this is for your own good, as long songs are usually less fun for the audience, and they make it hard for us to finish on time. Most songs from anime add in several extra verses to lengthen the TV-length version. Try to find someone to edit your MP3 and cut out one verse.

I was originally planning on having CD music to choose from for improvised contest entries, but in light of how things have gone, I will probably not have much to offer you.  I was originally offering to help potential entrants find karaoke versions of their songs, but no one contacted me in all of these weeks. :?

Regarding Open Mic:

Open Mic will run just like the Karaoke Contest, except that it will not be judged. There will be no prizes, rules, or pressure, and the signup will be a waiting list that will only be available once Open Mic starts.

Yes, you can sing whatever you like for Open Mic. It doesn't need to be Japanese. :)

Regarding the Karaoke Room:

Things look good for our Karaoke Room plans! When most of you first hear the word "Karaoke," you think of a karaoke machine. Karaoke Contests at conventions usually do not use a machine. Our convention will have one, though! However, it will not be used in the contest. The karaoke machine will have its own room to mess around in as you please. Bring your pals and come have some fun! :)

I have been informed that this will be a Japanese karaoke machine. Hopefully, this means that it will contain both Japanese pop songs and American pop songs, to cater to your language of preference.

If you have any questions, PM me! :) I can't answer you if I don't see your post. Also check out the karaoke thread in the Contests forum if you want to see the most official karaoke rules information.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2004, 11:16:02 am »
I'll bring all music from Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex, so no one needs to worry about that. (They're in mp3 version because the american release is currently going into recall, and I doubt I'll have a new copy before the Con.)

And no, before the Karaoke director asks, I won't be wanting them back because they'll be burned CD's (I am NOT bringing the official versions to a Con, they're $30+ each!! O.o ), so I don't care if anyone keeps them afterwards.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 01:35:35 pm »
Thank you, Miss Frodo!

Quote from: "princessfrodo"
And no, before the Karaoke director asks, I won't be wanting them back because they'll be burned CD's (I am NOT bringing the official versions to a Con, they're $30+ each!! O.o ), so I don't care if anyone keeps them afterwards.

Oh, good point!

I HIGHLY recommend burning your song to a CD, so we don't risk losing it. Even better, burn a CD with your song as Track 1. The more confusion avoided, the better off we'll be.

Apollo Justice

Karaoke!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 03:22:43 pm »
I was going planning on sing 1000 words with my best friend, but if someone else is gonna sing the song then we'll just sing the other song ^_^ anyway talk to you all later bye!

Offline AyaMitsukai

• Cabbit
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 03:35:27 pm »
GOMEN! i thought i was signed into my account when i posted that last post. Gomen again!

Offline Zell

• Cabbit
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2004, 02:26:12 am »
Im Totally Down for some karaoke!!!

Look out Kumoricon!!! Here comes ZELL!!!!

oh by the way, will there be music already there?
Or can we bring our own? (Japanese of course)
<Li>My #1 result for the SelectSmart.com selector, <a href="http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=narutoquiz">Naruto Personality Test</A>, is Lee<P>

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2004, 04:27:11 am »
All that should be answered in the Karaoke Contest thread. See sig.

(Actually, I should change the name of that thread as it covers all the karaoke events now...)

Apollo Justice

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Official karaoke event rules and info posted
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2004, 02:03:44 am »
The official rules for the karaoke contest have been posted in the Contests forum. It also contains the newest news about karaoke and all the karaoke events. Just click the link in my signature and you'll be taken to the new thread. :)

There may be updates to these rules, but most of the expected updates are currently specified as "TBA." You can essentially consider everything you see there as official.

Pardon this double-post, but I wanted to make sure you guys saw the thread, since for some of you, it will affect your song plans.

Apollo Justice

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Karaoke!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2004, 11:37:05 am »
After seeing the new karaoke-machine info, I can only say this--expect some definite filking action in about three weeks!  (Can anybody say "new song(s)"? ^_^)

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!