Author Topic: Massive resource for tournaments  (Read 17424 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Massive resource for tournaments
« on: August 13, 2004, 12:00:39 am »
Since we are short on people to run tournaments, and since I advertised myself as "emergency tourney assistant" (for help with tournies in a hurry, like I did last year), I've been charged with getting information on tournaments.

However, the literature on the internet is pretty hard to find. I finally found the author I was looking for in the guides section of a DDR site. Despite being a DDR resource, the author has run many youth chess meets and other kids' events. So he has a LOT to say.

Zip File Here

Source Page Here

This resource will tell you all about the pros and cons of different methods, and how to estimate how much time it will take. The only downside is that it's a lot of reading, and the tournament charts are not 100% ready to use. However, it is very informative.

I will try to hunt down Tyler, the regular director of local DDR tournaments, to get ahold of his super-cool seeding charts that tell exactly where to place each seed. If I can't, I'll do my best to make my own and bring printed copies to the convention. If you know how many people are going to be in your match-play tournament, and you know you will need help, please PM me ASAP and tell me the info so I can provide you with an appropriate chart.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice