Author Topic: Beta Station -- for all your fanfic needs!  (Read 13337 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Beta Station -- for all your fanfic needs!
« on: August 20, 2004, 08:49:28 am »
New to Kumoricon this year is our Beta Station!

For most of the weekend, I and/or other fanfic staff and volunteers will be accessible to help you develop your fanfic talent.

The Beta Station is basically a drop-in space wherein folks may:

(1) submit fics for the contest;
(2) submit fics for the cafe/bedtime stories event;
(3) sign up to read others' fics at the bedtime
stories event;
(4) submit fics for beta reading (other than for the
contest);
(5) offer services as a beta;
(6) network with others interested in reading,
writing, and/or beta'ing fanfic;
(7) submit fanfic and/or fanart and/or any other kind
of materials, for our future zine;
(8) hang out and have fun;
(9) sit and work on their fics, for submission to our zine, our contest, and/or our bedtime stories event.

Sunday and Monday, there is a room entirely dedicated to FanFiction programming!

Sunday (time to be announced) will be our workshop, and our Fanfic Bedtime Stories event (see separate threads).

Whenever there is not programming in the room, feel free to use it to work on your fics, whether staff are there or not. The hours it will be staffed may vary with how many folks volunteer and how many drop by, but the hours will be posted outside the door and available at information, and at least I, personally, will be there a significant portion of the day and evening.

After all, I'll need a place to beta all those wonderful creations folks bring in for our contest!

Now as for Saturday.
Since I work on Saturday in Eugene, the Beta Station will probably only be held Saturday from 6pm to 8pm.

However, anyone else out there is welcome to offer to helm it beforehand (if arriving before me), and/or afterwards (if they can afford to miss the karaoke contest). If there's interest, I'll reopen it at the end of Karaoke.

Looking forward to seeing all of you and reading, or listening to you read, your works!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Beta Station -- for all your fanfic needs!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 10:30:50 pm »
so far i plan to be available these hours:

sat 6p-8p (hall location TBA);

sun (possibly time in morning depending on my commute and who volunteers)
all in the salem room:

3p-4p; 8p-9p; midnight on (after bedtime stories, i'll be judging fics from the contest, the deadline for which is 11:59, sun)

and (salem rm) mon 9a-11a

hope to see y'all soon
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).