Author Topic: Rules  (Read 14608 times)

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Rules
« on: July 19, 2004, 06:28:16 am »
I have a few questions about the rules of the fanfiction contest:

How long is too long, how short is too short? Is there any kind of limit?

Can two people write a fanfiction together and enter it under both names of the writer? Or can only one person enter a piece only they wrote?

How do you want the pieces presented? Double spaced? Font size? With a title page listing what animes and charactors, or just animes, are int hepiece? Do you want it in a portfolio type thing?

Can I submit as many as I want, or is there a limit?

Can there be as many animes and and as many charactors in the piece as I want there to be, or is there a limit on that as well?

Thank you very much for your time.
~I'm Addicted to Chocolate, I used to Snort Cocoa~

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
Rules
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 06:09:00 pm »
hee hee, clicked 'new topic' instead of 'post reply'. My bad.  :oops:
~I'm Addicted to Chocolate, I used to Snort Cocoa~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Rules
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 08:15:20 pm »
there is nothing wrong with having this as a new topic! i will reply in both threads, to maximize others reading it.

thank you for your interest in the contest!
 :P

i was a judge last year, as well, and it was a ton of fun.

the pieces varied dramatically in length, but were judged together. i suppose, hypothetically, that if some submitted pieces that were only about a page in length, and others an entire chapter, that we might create special categories by length. but in the absence of such extremes, there would be, imho, no piece that was too long nor too short for us to include.

absolutely, collaborative pieces will be accepted. what a wondeful opportunity for friends to converge their creative visions :)

at least last year, the prizes were not pre-set, but were tailored to the winners' personal preferences. as i expect to personally fund whatever gifts we don't get donated, i can personally commit that it would be fine if a winning piece had multiple authors.

in fact, given that my primary affiliation with anime is as a beta reader, i would love it if folks also submitted the name of their beta for recognition, and would love to give a little prize to the winner's beta, as well :)

there are no criteria for presentation. i would be delighted with handwritten notebook paper if that's what best captured your creative essence.

the presentation may be as formal or informal as you wish. however, it should include disclaimers (about what characters/worlds you did not innovate, and who did innovate them). background info is welcome; contextualizing is helpful. but there is no set format for providing it.

as for the number of submissions: that has not yet been discussed. personally, my preference would be that, once we identify to everyone what the actual, final categories are, that there not be more than 2 submissions per category per person.

i happen to believe that cross-overs can be well-executed. therefore i have zero interest in banning stories from having characters and universe elements from multiple shows. however, do remember to include all of them in your disclaimer and background info, and bear in mind that not all judges might look as favorably on alternate universes and cross-overs.

from the insightfulness of your queries, i'm really looking forward to reading anything you submit!

fondly,
rem  :D
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
Rules
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 12:33:48 am »
Is it possible to post this, or maybe revise this so other people considering to submit their work knows the rules and other information they maybe wondering about under the Navi section? Same goes for the artwork.  Not everyone is going to take their time to search the forum. Just a suggestion. :?
-A.I-

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Rules
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 11:18:52 am »
that sounds like a logical suggestion. i'm not computer savvy enough to know how to make it so. thanks for your interest. i'm leaving town for the weekend (pirate larp!) but will check in on my return :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).