Poll

Which of the following map/directions services has been the most useful and accurate in your experience?

Mapquest
3 (60%)
Yahoo Maps
2 (40%)
Google Maps
0 (0%)
MSN Maps
0 (0%)
Other (please specify alternative in a post)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: March 12, 2007, 06:04:05 pm

Author Topic: Most reliable map site  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Most reliable map site
« on: March 12, 2007, 06:04:05 pm »
Sites that give you maps and directions to various locations are extremely useful, but usually the most important aspect about them is how often they are wrong. I think it would be beneficial to all of us to have a poll about that.

Ideally, you should be able to vote for a site that has yet to "fail you" when it comes to maps and directions. If they all fail, you might consider voting "other" even if you don't have an alternative.

As for me...

Mapquest once sent my sister and me down what was supposed to be a through street. It turned out that not only was it a gravel road, but it was also a dead end that had never been a through street. Oops.

Google Maps once sent me to a location 3 blocks north of where I was supposed to be, even though all the streets were labeled correctly and it was clearly pointing to the wrong street. Oops.

Yahoo maps has had the distinguishing accomplishment of correctly directing me and my friends to a location in Beaverton using only a cell phone with a black-and-white LED screen browser. Score. :) So until they have a reason to fall out of my favor, Yahoo Maps is my choice for directions. Although I have to admit, Google's interface is extremely handy...

(By the way, Google Earth is not included in the poll because it doesn't give directions. It is very useful, but it isn't necessary to combine it specifically with Google Maps.)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice