Author Topic: Need Con Money--Selling Overstock Cards!  (Read 7992 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Need Con Money--Selling Overstock Cards!
« on: August 14, 2004, 12:21:46 pm »
All right, I need money for the con. And boy, do I have a deal for you!

I have just about every Pokémon card you can think of, and am willing to make a deal on them. So if anyone else out here collects, I'll supply for a reasonable price.

So--name your card, and I'll name a price.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 03:45:07 pm »
'Angst Ridden Bishie' wasn't a Pokemon, was it? ^.^;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 06:19:00 pm »
I stopped collecting the card while ago, but if you have cool Eevee/evolutions and other characters I like, I might give it a shot.
Are you going to bring it with you to the con, or sell it on-line?
-A.I-

Offline YariChuu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 09:30:27 pm »
o_o Just so you know, another great way to earn money is cann collecting. We earned 75 bucks in recycling cans in one and a half trips. *noddle noddle*
No No Four times no I'm not your daughter!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 02:30:18 am »
Quote from: "princessfrodo"

Well, I do have Jirarudan's card (he was the Collector from the second movie...he's a bishie and post-movie he's sure to be angst-ridden), but it's pricy because it's a promo jumbo card (about 4 times the size of a regular card). I can let that one go for 25$.

You may have been kidding, but I'm oddly serious.

And Oubeji, I can bring them, but I'll need a secure place to put them, since I'll probably have to bring nearly every card I have. I'm in the Portland area though, and *do* have the Eeveelution line in nearly every appearence it's made.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 08:35:45 am »
Quote from: "BlackjackGabbiani"

Well, I do have Jirarudan's card (he was the Collector from the second movie...he's a bishie and post-movie he's sure to be angst-ridden), but it's pricy because it's a promo jumbo card (about 4 times the size of a regular card). I can let that one go for 25$.

Umm, actually, in the Japanese version, that character was Ash from the future.  The uncut version of that movie also shows Picachu dying. ^.^

But no thanks, I have too little money to spend on it. (Stupid food and lodging needs ^.^; )

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 10:25:51 am »

That is the biggest load of bull I've ever heard in my life. I *HAVE* the Japanese version and no such thing happens.

Who told you that? You should smack them. Seriously, that's a steaming pile of CRAP they fed you.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 03:48:10 pm »

That is the biggest load of bull I've ever heard in my life. I *HAVE* the Japanese version and no such thing happens.

Who told you that? You should smack them. Seriously, that's a steaming pile of CRAP they fed you.

My friend, who translated her raw copy. (She's pretty good, she translates the GitS russian lyrics pretty well too.)

Maybe you have a badly translated copy(It happens, the fan sub of Jin-Roh was done off the French sub which was based off the Hong Kong english sub, and it was a COMPLETELY different plot line.), or are thinking about a different movie (which might be in my case too, it's been a long time).

Offline YariChuu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 04:48:31 pm »
o_o Y'know, I haven't seen that movie in any version, but i think i like the whole "Pikachu dies" version better. '>_> *mean to pikachu*

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 07:05:42 pm »
Ash only appears as Ash. EVER. Even when he's in a costume, it's still him (ie, the infamous "Ashley" costume)

Jirarudan is Jirarudan. He is not anyone else. He is a wealthy Collector who wants to capture Lugia because it's one of the world's most wonderful things. (on a side note, he's also not evil, but delusional, but that's for another subject) He is from the present time. There is no time travel anywhere in the second movie. The only thing that was cut was a part where Tracey says how an explosion would happen; and the wording of the legend was changed. Those were the only changes of note.

There was a mix-up after movie 4 came out that the villian was Jesse and James' son from the future, but that turned out to be false as well. Said villian was no relation of theirs, and from the present. Movie 4 *did* involve time travel, but it only affected Celebi and a boy named Sammy (there's a secret about Sammy, btw, but he ISN'T ASH EITHER). Movie 4 took out a scene near the end where Sammy said his adventure had been a dream (which...well, even if he thought it was, he would have realized it was real after he saw the drawings he had made...), and the English version ADDED scenes to make it more obvious who Sammy grew up to be (NOT ASH. Sammy and Ash are around the same age, and Sammy is from 40 years in the past, so presently Sammy would be around 50. I've said too much already, haven't I?)

However, yes, I myself would love to see the Chu die. And hey, it may at the end of the series! (*smirks wickedly*) I have nothing against Pikachu as a species, but that specific Chu needs to get a severe ass-whuppin'.

Ketsuban

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 02:59:38 pm »
Hi. I only came to confirm what Blackjack is saying.

I speak Japanese. I own "Revelation Lugia" in Japanese. Your friend, Frodo, is very, very wrong.

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 10:29:45 pm »
....I'd be sad to see the little pikachu go. (>w<;
BlackjackGabbiani, sounds like you have tons of cards. I would hate to see it get ruined if you were to bring it over, and I know it's easy to lose those things outside. Not only that, I think it might make it hard for you to travel in the con.

$75 for cans?! Where did ya go to find 1500 cans in one trip??
That's like, my entire days worth of work.....(o_o;
-A.I-

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 11:16:58 pm »
Well, it's like I said, I could bring a few binders a day if I can get a secure place to put them.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 02:10:09 am »
Quote from: "Ketsuban"
Hi. I only came to confirm what Blackjack is saying.

I speak Japanese. I own "Revelation Lugia" in Japanese. Your friend, Frodo, is very, very wrong.

I'm thinking then that there's a really good fan edit circulating then.  There are scenes in there with flashbacks of Picachu dying... oh well.  If it is wrong *shrugs* I;m still all for the stupid things death. ^.^

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2004, 10:45:01 am »
There aren't any flashbacks to *anything* in movie 2, not even to earlier in the movie.

The series has parts where the Chu gets severely injured, but no, it's always been the same Chu. Although I suppose technically both it and Ash died in the "Tower of Terror" episode. They get knocked out by a falling chandelier and a Haunter draws their souls out and they go for a joyride around the tower before Haunter puts them back.

Although that would be only *mostly* dead. When they're *all* dead--(resists finishing the gratutous Princess Bride reference)

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2004, 07:46:56 am »
I can't believe you brought up the "Tower of the Terror" episode! That conjures so many memories... XD
-A.I-

Offline YariChuu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2004, 10:54:43 am »
Quote from: "Oubeji"

$75 for cans?! Where did ya go to find 1500 cans in one trip??
That's like, my entire days worth of work.....(o_o;

Actually, that was 1.5 trips ^^;; $50 the first time, the $25 the second. We could have gone longer, but we got bored and reaally wanted some pizza, so we stopped.

>_> Me and my friends live in neighbourhoods full of very old, very kind,  and very caffinated people. It works out nicely.

Offline Knowbie

• Oni
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2004, 06:08:37 pm »

*Gives frodo a most beautiful Bishie. heh.  I like your style. xD

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2004, 05:13:59 am »
XDDD
I still have some Jungle cards and such. Nothing really rare, but some halfdecent things and promos.. I wonder what Dad did with them? ;-; I needses more shinies.

I've mostly converted to Yu-Gi-Oh now, but my rare Pokemon cards are as follows:

From Nintendo Power, I have a promo holo Dark Persian, a Promo Sabrina's Abra, a Promo Rapidash E-Reader, and a Promo Ho-Oh E-Reader.

From the movies, I have a Promo Mewtwo, a Promo Dragonite, and a Promo Zapdos.

My rare Fossil cards are a holo Lapras, Articuno, Dragonite, Kabutops, a holo Hitmonlee, and a holo Haunter.

Other misc cards:

a promo Marill,
Sabrina's Alakazam,
a Prerelease Holo Dark Gyarados,
a Holo Rocket's Moltres,
a Base Set Dragonair,
a Second Edition Holo Pidgeot,
a Rocket's Snorlax,
a Jungle Electrode,
a first-edition Jungle Nidoqueen,
a holo Mewtwo,
a Dark Dugtrio,
a Poliwrath from ... some booster pack,
and a first-edition holo Machamp.

I also have a Japanese holo Kingdra and holo Heracross from some odd edition.

I have others in my box, but it seems to have all but vanished... I'll ask Dad where it is later.

They're mostly in good condition, the worst is Rocket's Moltres -- I salvaged that from a friend who was abusing it. Poor thing. *pets it*

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2004, 02:42:41 pm »
I'm going to need those Nintendo Power promos, you know. I'll trade you (and could be convinced to purchase them, but...y'know, I need money)

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2004, 02:54:01 am »
I'm going to need those Nintendo Power promos, you know. I'll trade you (and could be convinced to purchase them, but...y'know, I need money)
Ooh. I may have to take you up on that. The only one I was really fond of was the Persian, and I never had an E-Reader to use the other cards for.

Oh! I also forgot to mention my Wizards of the Coast marked Brock's Vulpix. I'm not sure how rare it is, but it has a gold holo W under the Gym Leader set sign... O_o

Like I said, if I ever find my bucket'o'cards (I'm sure I had well over ... well, a lot!), there's quite a few more Rares in there.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2004, 01:02:33 pm »
I have some other Persians if you like them (Myyyyrorw...)