Author Topic: How...  (Read 2724 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
How...
« on: March 09, 2007, 11:43:53 am »
Having a creative block at the moment :P

I'm going to be Bridget from Guilty Gear for the next con and I am not coming up with many ideas on how to make that damn handcuff of his @.@ The only idea I've come up with it using cardboard and cutting out the same shape and stacking it, and gluing it all togather :\

If anyone else has other ideas plez post here because I'm at a loss ;^.^
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
How...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 01:48:21 pm »
ok, i mad ethe costume a few years ago and what i did was this,

i got a large piece of apolstory foam from fabric depot (about 25 bucks)
 and an electric turkey knife (it cuts the foam)  and cut the shape out then spray painted it grey,  it worked out pretty well.   i would sell it to you  but i just ripped it up and tossed it a few weeks ago when i moved. i COULD make one for you though if you werent feeling up to it.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
How...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:41:13 am »
An easy way to get free foam is to us computer packing foam. It comes in all kinds of neat shapes and in either grey or white. Depending upon the brand of the machine, it can be really soft like pillow foam, or more like regular styrofoam. You will be able to cut the foam to shape, wrap with ducttape to hold it all together and then paint it whatever color you need.

Companies get new computers fairly often and they just toss out the packing foam that the machines are packed with, so ask around at work or school (or have your parents / friends check at their work) so you can have them save it for you. I'm sure between now and the convention someone you know will be able to obtain some of the foam.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
How...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 01:01:40 pm »
Another of my crazy ideas.

Go to a place the deals in HUGE gears and cog wheels, and the gaskets to seal the joints of HUGE pipe.  Both those kinds of things need to be packed in foam that is often about 3x3 square and they just toss it out they get so much.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
How...
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 09:29:10 am »
Quote from: "Runa"
An easy way to get free foam is to us computer packing foam. It comes in all kinds of neat shapes and in either grey or white. Depending upon the brand of the machine, it can be really soft like pillow foam, or more like regular styrofoam. You will be able to cut the foam to shape, wrap with ducttape to hold it all together and then paint it whatever color you need.

Companies get new computers fairly often and they just toss out the packing foam that the machines are packed with, so ask around at work or school (or have your parents / friends check at their work) so you can have them save it for you. I'm sure between now and the convention someone you know will be able to obtain some of the foam.

by foam i really do mean apolstory foam large and thick and squishy.  the problem with packing foam is its not flexable and for bridgets cuff you need a REALLY big piece.
Commissioning again!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
How...
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 09:39:56 am »
Actually, today's computers are packed in several kinds of foam. Some of the foam resembles Upholstery foam -- soft and squishy -- while other foam resembles regular styrofoam. And with glue, any size is possible.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
How...
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 12:08:12 am »
i dunno i think you would get horrible seams, and thats kinda a "high traffic" piece hangin out at the waist there, gets bumped into all the time, any kind of brittle quality or weak point could end in the handcuff busting.  which would be sad times.
Commissioning again!