Author Topic: Asian Singers?  (Read 5220 times)

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
Asian Singers?
« on: March 08, 2007, 12:07:31 pm »
How would you like to sing for the up and coming asian rock band, The Slants?

We're going through a line up change, but if you're into singing for a rock/dance band with traid/yakuza themes, please visit our site to hear some demo version of the songs (www.myspace.com/theslants) and let us know.

We're working out the details to hopefully play Kumoricon 2007 now!

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
Re: Asian Singers?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 11:59:59 pm »
This thread necro, but I have to say some stuff.

PHASE TWO.

DON'T HIRE UKIGOMO.

...go see if Hirama isn't busy, he's got a nice voice. Or H ZETT M is you are into crazy blue nose piano and vocals.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06
   Kinomoto Sakura ~pink kitty ver~

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline Mailorder

• Cabbit
    • Aftercon Profile
Re: Asian Singers?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 04:08:49 pm »
Here to bump a dead thread just because I support Asian male singers : p  To mind, I can only think of two that are U.S.-based (aside from The Slants, of course):

Daphne Loves Derby - this group is actually somewhat known now.  At least known enough to have a pretty nice music video plastered with hot white chicks, which is pretty funny because everything about the video is white - except the asian singer!

Short Round - I think the singer is a Vietnamese dude.  not sure if they played any shows outside or Nor Cal, but I know they were a bit more small-scale.  To me, they are the definition of indie rock before indie rock became a mainstream phrase.  They've disbanded, but the music is still worth a listen.

SO YEAH.  Power to The Slants.  Especially since they're going for the dark synth sound that is reminiscent of Depeche Mode.

GO GO GO