Author Topic: DotA at KCon2k7?  (Read 8281 times)

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
DotA at KCon2k7?
« on: March 06, 2007, 07:12:23 pm »
Is anyone thinking they would be interested in getting together at some point for a mean game of DotA or 10? Id love to play with people who dont leave 10 minutes into the game >.< (Anyone who plays DotA should know how that feels)

Ill have a Laptop, and i know last year there was a small lan room. Ill also carry a copy of WarcraftIII:TFT, fully updated and with the latest DOtA map, on an external, so it wont be hard to get everyone on the same page to play.

Offline Baldafor

• Oni
DotA at KCon2k7?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:16:08 pm »
Defense of the Ancients?  The coolest hero-based custom map in WCIII?  Lol!  I never would have guessed anyone would want to play that at an anime convention, although I have the laptop and the capability (and possibly desire) to do so.

Man, that made my day.

Offline SonicBoor

• Cabbit
DotA at KCon2k7?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 12:27:59 pm »
I would be 10 kinds of down for this. It'd probably be pretty easy to organize a casual tournament at some point if the LAN room supported it. We'll have to look into it further.

Offline hitokiri

• Cabbit
    • My myspace
Re: DotA at KCon2k7?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:16:39 am »
I think DotA is lame... but if anyone would want to 1v1 me in some real WC:III TFT I'd be more than happy to dish out a pwning. ^_^

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 12:06:11 pm »
I think DotA is lame... but if anyone would want to 1v1 me in some real WC:III TFT I'd be more than happy to dish out a pwning. ^_^

Ok, you are now going to be stabbed next time I see you... DotA is the best thing ever!

If you're gonna stab Ryan expect to die in 40 seconds!

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 01:27:18 pm »
Do I need to turn this forum around and drive it back home? Because I will! (Somehow...)

No stabbing, and no badmouthing. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all.

Thank you.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 09:17:18 pm »
As of the currently un-worked-out LAN gaming that Backspace is handling, as well as a BYOC-ish section...  I wouldn't see why that wouldn't be done. 
Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, Conquering together.
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !
PSU Video Game Club - http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Offline hitokiri

• Cabbit
    • My myspace
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »

Ok, you are now going to be stabbed next time I see you... DotA is the best thing ever!

Maybe DotA is the best thing ever if you think attack moving into creeps is fun. :P

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 10:52:15 pm »
im sorry if all you do is attack move creeps. You must feed alot >.<

Although im solid at TFT, so we can have a go if you would like. I aint great, but i know my stuff. 1v1 gets me owned though, i tend to have single minded stratagies that work best in team games (Hipp Archers, Hawks, Grunts+Shams, Nec Spam)

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 09:29:26 am »
I must bring a point of note to attention here -

Since Backspace is providing all of our LAN-Gaming equipment, they may be hesitant to let random people put their laptop on the network, for fear of viruses and other nasty possibilities. We may be able to provide some table space inside the gaming room for people to bring their laptops and you are welcome to set up your OWN network, or use the wireless from the hotel. We will have a final update on these possibilities at con. Thanks!
I can has cheezburger?

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 09:17:04 am »
dota is damn good stuff, I may have to drop in on the lan center with the gang and throw up some mad crazy wc3 moddery. We play on sundays already, doing stuff like dota, island defense, notd, and just about any other random fun game mode we can find. I'll bring a nice fat lan dvd with a bunch of those games for quick-copying incase the hosts are not supplying all the sweetest of lan requirements (worms being a good example of getting left off.)

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 08:16:32 pm »
DotA>Worms, but Worms is fun when you get your hands on rope maps.

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 09:00:00 am »
Worms Drinking Game > Dota though...

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 09:21:16 am »
Gunbound > Everything
I can has cheezburger?

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 03:35:42 pm »
Gunbound > Everything

Animal Crossing > Gunbound

The greater than alligator never lies! :<

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 06:27:35 pm »
DotA>Warhammer>All, 'nuff said

Offline Serif

• Oni
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 11:16:04 pm »
My roomate and myself are so down for this. He's bringing his l-top, and I my Desktop ^ ^. But it'll prolly stay in the car till called upon. Something like a pokeball, but...