Author Topic: Go Events  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Rathany_

• Oni
Go Events
« on: March 03, 2007, 10:06:56 pm »
Heya all,

I will be running Go Events at Kumoricon this year.  I will definitly be teaching and I may also try to run a beginner's tournament.  

Are there any other sorts of Go events people might be interested in?

~Rathany

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
Go Events
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:44:41 am »
What is Go Events?

Offline Rathany_

• Oni
Go Events
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 10:50:08 am »
Quote from: "The Night Bringer"
What is Go Events?

Events having to do with the asian strategy game called Go.   "Go" is roughly the worst name ever for a game, at least in English, because it tends to make for confusing club / panel names and trying to google information can be very tricky :)

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Go Events
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 02:13:59 pm »
BTW I keep seeing GO at thrift stores.  An old game company called 3M put it out in there line of book shelf games so it is in a box that looks like a heavy blue/green book that site upright on a bookshelf.  I have one and if Some one says Please i'll get all the others I see from now till the con.  Of course if I'm looking I now wont see any.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
Go Events
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 05:50:28 pm »
Ah, I see now. I was thinking of some motivational thing to make you feel better about your self. I am glad I was way off.

Offline Rathany_

• Oni
Go Events
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 07:48:28 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
BTW I keep seeing GO at thrift stores.  An old game company called 3M put it out in there line of book shelf games so it is in a box that looks like a heavy blue/green book that site upright on a bookshelf.  I have one and if Some one says Please i'll get all the others I see from now till the con.  Of course if I'm looking I now wont see any.

Oh, can you tell me where so I can take a look?

Right now the plan is to use the equipment from the PCC Go Club, equipment I am *making* myself.  So, people able ot grab a few sets on the cheap would be NICE.  I'd need to look at them in person first, to make sure there is nothing screwy with them.  I've seen sets that were cheap due to having the wrong number of lines.

Thnkas!