Author Topic: Games for '07  (Read 8222 times)

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Games for '07
« on: January 27, 2007, 03:09:47 am »
Anyone have a list of games that might be at Kumoricon this year? Because, if you are short on games, I can bring some of my games with me.

The console multi-player ones that I have are:
Halo 2 (An x-box owners must have)
Burnout Revenge for the X-box
There are some other ones that I have...but it's 3 am and I'm not going to risk going downstairs.

Also, for the PC stuff...
Heroes V (and expansion)
Starcraft (and expansion)
Rise of Legends
Age of Empire 3
And uhh...Oh yeah. Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, Yuri's Revenge, Generals, Zero Hour.

Yeah...I have some fun games.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Games for '07
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 04:16:29 am »
Well, here's what I'll have with me for sure:

DDRMAX
DDRMAX2
DDREx2
DDRSuperNOVA
ITG
BeatMania US
StepMania (430 songs, my laptop)
2 DT200's (arcade-style DDR pads; those CF's are weaksauce)

Here's what I might bring, under a variety of circumstances:
4 DT600's (DDR pads)
StepMania machine
BeatMania II DX 12th Happy Sky (ps2)
DDREx
Katamaris (We<3Katamari, Katamari Damaci)
Katamari Controllers

In case you can't tell, I play rhythm games.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
Games for '07
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 11:52:30 pm »
I'll bring Melty Blood: Act Cadenza on the PS2 if it isn't there already.  It's a fighting game, for those who don't know.  It was there last year, and a friend and I tried to get some interest brewing in 2005, but that didn't happen.  :D
~I've got another confession to make, I'm your fool~

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
Games for '07
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 01:08:59 am »
*achoo?*
oha, wasup. =P yea, for '07, i'd definitely like to see what was here in '06 again.  only, i have a few suggestions.

-Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Destiny Rengou vs Z.A.F.T. II Plus
-DDR 8th Mix JP  
(c'mon. you know you wanna see MAX 300, MaxX Unlimited, The Legend Of MAX, and MAX.(period) all together.)
anyways, that's all I'm suggesting for now.  I 'have' the games but unless some has *cough cough* a swap magic compatible PS2... =\
(definitely wanna see Act Cadenza and GGXX Slash again.)

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
Games for '07
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 02:55:13 am »
Quote from: "CaoCao433"
*achoo?*
oha, wasup. =P yea, for '07, i'd definitely like to see what was here in '06 again.  only, i have a few suggestions.

-Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Destiny Rengou vs Z.A.F.T. II Plus
-DDR 8th Mix JP  
(c'mon. you know you wanna see MAX 300, MaxX Unlimited, The Legend Of MAX, and MAX.(period) all together.)
anyways, that's all I'm suggesting for now.  I 'have' the games but unless some has *cough cough* a swap magic compatible PS2... =\
(definitely wanna see Act Cadenza and GGXX Slash again.)

I'll be bringing my PS2 with Swap Magic, but last year there were modded systems with HD loader.  That's what GG Slash and Act Cadenza were primarily played on.  I'll bring my PS2 regardless, just in case there aren't enough flip-top or modded PS2s this time around.

As in 2006, I'll be willing to play anyone.  I'll be "Halcyon," so if you're looking for a match up I'm your man.

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
Games for '07
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 05:16:33 pm »
ah.. so i guess i'll be bringing DDR 8th Mix JP, Gundam SEED Destiny Z.A.F.T. II+, and... whatever else i can.  =P  i'll work on getting any imports people want.... >  >

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
Games for '07
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 12:19:15 am »
For the PC you should add Dawn of War and the two expansions, that makes for a great LAN game and is alot faster paced and way more complex than Starcraft. And you dont need the disk to play it.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Re: Games for '07
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 12:37:17 am »
Quote from: "Kyuubi"

Also, for the PC stuff...
Heroes V (and expansion)
Starcraft (and expansion)
Rise of Legends
Age of Empire 3
And uhh...Oh yeah. Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2, Yuri's Revenge, Generals, Zero Hour.

Yeah...I have some fun games.

Dude Console games are wares it's at.  PC games, turned based and empire building are for old foggies that why I have all those too!
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
Games for '07
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 03:08:19 am »
I'll be down for some Dawn of War as far as PC goes.  Also, I'd reccomend Day of Defeat also.  :D

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
Games for '07
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 11:24:40 pm »
I'm a pretty good DoD player myself, although I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be.

Try playing at Me109's server, I'm a clanner and admin there. www.me109clan.org  :D

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Games for '07
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 12:53:25 am »
Quote from: "CaoCao433"

-DDR 8th Mix JP  
Just so you know, I've got all of those on stepmania as "DDR classics".  I'm going to see about getting more too.  I've got 519 songs currently, and I still have about 30 more songpacks to download. =D

Also, I'll probably have my StepMania machine put together by mid-august.  If it still looks that way in June, I'll talk to the staff about what we can work out, because the machine I have planned will be about as groovy-looking as a BeatMania IIDX machine, with a cool-colour rave theme.  I might not be able to get all the cold cathodes, strobes, blacklights, or in-cabinet fans by August, but I'll have the platform, the computer, and at least one huge speaker by the time the con starts.  If I can borrow a TV from the con to put in the cab, and maybe even some extension speakers, then there can be a fully functional StepMania machine at Kumoricon if the administration/staff can just cover a few little details of moving it and me and securing my place at the con. =)

Also, I'll probably install a bunch of oldschool emulators on it as well, so you can stand on a one-of-a-kind 18" DDR stage while playing Galaga, Joust, or A Boy And His Blob, assuming it's not being used for DDR.

Lastly, I'm trying to see what I can do to get it so that people can plug in a flash drive and play their own simfiles like with the R21 patch for ITG2.  I'm going to try to do it by having a shortcut to the E:/ drive and F:/ drive in the songs folder, but I can't guarantee it'll work.

Hope this has everyone even more hyped about the con.  Also, expect the same machine 100% completed at Sakuracon 2008. :D

Peace out,
-Dancing Tofu AKA Soymilk Charlie
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline grfu

• Cabbit
Games for '07
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 11:21:20 pm »
PC:
Dawn of War:  Dark Crusade (trust me, it's good)

as for other games that don't involve electricity *GASP* I might try to rekindle the idea of having some tables to play warhammer.  there doesn't have to be some big tournament or anything (cause tournaments entail prizes, and are difficult to organize), just some tables for open play.
Ford:  It's unpleasantly like being drunk.
Arthur:  What's so unpleasant about being drunk?
Ford:  Ask a glass of water.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Games for '07
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 02:29:54 pm »
I'd be willing to donate some of my games, but I'm pretty sure that anything I have of any interest would be something that you guys already have.

Note: These are just my 2P+ games.  I have a lot that are 1P only.  Also, I may be forgetting some others.

PS2
Fighting Spirit 2 (Based off of the anime series)
KOF: Maximum Impact
KOF 2001
KOF 2002 (I think)
SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 (Don't laugh)
Madden '07

X-Box
Fushion Frenzy
DDR Evolution (or Extreme, something like that)

PS1
Q-Bert
Tiny Tank
Evil Zone
KOF '99

Sega Genesis (I REALLY doubt this matters)
Super Street Fighter 2
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline black marth 07

• Chibi
Games for '07
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 04:16:14 pm »
i could bring naruto 4 to the convention

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Games for '07
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 07:10:59 pm »