Author Topic: Convention Guardians  (Read 3293 times)

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
Convention Guardians
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:29:58 pm »
This is our first year mailing out badges, and our first year not requiring Convention Guardians. We really appreciate your patience as we smooth out the bumps in our registration process.

Ok so all cool with the badges and such but not requiring convention guardians? Soooo someone like myself who will be 17 at the time of the con won't be required to have a guardian at the convention?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Re: Convention Guardians
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 01:38:30 pm »
Quote from: "babysugarbear28"
This is our first year mailing out badges, and our first year not requiring Convention Guardians. We really appreciate your patience as we smooth out the bumps in our registration process.

Ok so all cool with the badges and such but not requiring convention guardians? Soooo someone like myself who will be 17 at the time of the con won't be required to have a guardian at the convention?

You still need to bring a single nerdy spinster Aunt or older cousin thats 30 to 40 as your guardian.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Convention Guardians
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 01:48:52 pm »
How about divorced moms?  Milfs don't get no love?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Convention Guardians
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:47:04 pm »
Quote from: "pieisexactlythree"
How about divorced moms?  Milfs don't get no love?

no, no moms I have divorced or single moms hitting on me all ready.  One keeps breaking stuff and bringing it to my shop to fix and bringing me gifts. It's scary

And kids don't forget to bring almost 30 year old cousins who like cofee and booze for Pie to meet.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
Convention Guardians
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 04:47:59 pm »
vondan you are gross -.- and pie you are just as bad

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Convention Guardians
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 07:37:53 pm »
If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, guardians are not needed so long as you have written permission from your parent or legal guardian. The form is on the registration page. If you are under 13 you need to have your parent or legal guardian with you at all times.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
Convention Guardians
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 07:50:06 pm »
do we know what time the curfew is this year for people ages 13 to 18? is it same as last year?
-Mikae

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Convention Guardians
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 10:02:06 am »
Quote from: "BoredHorror"
do we know what time the curfew is this year for people ages 13 to 18? is it same as last year?

I'd guess that anyone under 18 would have to be back in their room by midnight, as it always is.

If I have a friend, who wil be 19 at con time be my kumoricon guardian, does that mean that I can stay out past midnight, or is that just with your legal guardian?

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Convention Guardians
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 07:22:08 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
Quote from: "BoredHorror"

I'd guess that anyone under 18 would have to be back in their room by midnight, as it always is.

If I have a friend, who wil be 19 at con time be my kumoricon guardian, does that mean that I can stay out past midnight, or is that just with your legal guardian?

Con curfew is midnight, when the convention officially closes.

We won't have any "con guardians" this year, so unless you are with your legal guardian you will need to be in your hotel room or off-site after midnight. Just not in the convention space.

All the events after midnight are for 18+ only, so you won't be able to do anything anyway. And unfortunately there isn't really anything to do in Vancouver after midnight either.

You shouldn't hang out in Esther Short Park next to the hotel after dark, because Vancouver closes their parks after dark and the police will be patrolling it, kicking people out.

Sorry :(
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Kayoe

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Invasion: The Comic
Convention Guardians
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 07:50:12 pm »
Aww... There goes my plan to campout right next door to the con... :roll: