Author Topic: FANFIC CONTEST DEADLINES EXTENDED! :)  (Read 8435 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
FANFIC CONTEST DEADLINES EXTENDED! :)
« on: August 08, 2006, 11:05:29 pm »
Yes indeed, you are still more than welcome to turn in fanfics, novella, manga, and webcomic links or printouts to your hearts' content!

Novella deadline extended to: Monday, August 21st.

Deadline for other works extended to: Monday, August 28th.

Feel free to submit any of the following ways:

Email: fanfic@kumoricon.org and/or rem_saverem_was_right@yahoo.com

Snail mail (hard copy and/or disc): Ellen Klowden, c/o P. O. Box 5098, Eugene, OR 97405

In person: At General Meeting, Sun., Aug. 27 at con hotel (or in Eugene)

PM

ym

Hope to hear from as many of you as possible, as soon as possible!  

And don't forget:

Works-in-progress are accepted; your fic does not need to be "finished" to be submitted.

And works submitted subsequent to deadline will still be accepted, to be read and/or performed (by you or anyone you select, and we provide pinch-hitters), at Fanfiction Bedtime Stories.

Be in touch, please! The more the merrier
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 06:30:54 pm »
EEEEK :shock:

I'm still trying to finish my manga.  Here's hoping I can finish it in time.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 05:22:15 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
EEEEK :shock:

I'm still trying to finish my manga.  Here's hoping I can finish it in time.

You probably will......but if you don't, that is totally fine....because there is no requirement that a manga be complete, just as I accept  fanfics that are works in progress and webcomics still under construction! So submit even if you only have one page!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 09:37:08 pm »
I'm working on a novella right now.  As for the "other works" category, is that broken down into other types of writings, or is everything mixed together?  If they are seperate, is there a poetry section?  I can submit a few entries if there is one! :D
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 10:32:56 pm »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"
I'm working on a novella right now.  As for the "other works" category, is that broken down into other types of writings, or is everything mixed together?  If they are seperate, is there a poetry section?  I can submit a few entries if there is one! :D

Poems are definitely very warmly welcomed! I'm a poet,
myself, albeit not regarding anime.

I do not believe I have permission to add additional
categories at this time. However, poems could simply
be evaluated in genre based on their content (e.g.,
drama, romance).

Poets are especially encouraged to come perform at our
signature event, Fanfiction Bedtime Stories! Born at
Kumoricon 2004, this is the event for which the
Kumoricon Fanfic crew are best known. It's basically a
cozy, friendly, encouraging atmosphere in which there
is an "open mic" (well, usually without a microphone).
Folks read, and/or cosplay, their fanfics or those of
others, or have others read or perform those works for
them.

Poetry seems to be a popular modality this year; I
have had poems entered at Sakuracon and Anime
Evolution as well!

Yay!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 08:51:03 am »
*Spaztically claps hands 'till they turn red.*

YIPPY!  I'M IN!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 10:15:32 am »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"
*Spaztically claps hands 'till they turn red.*

YIPPY!  I'M IN!

Harness some of that exuberance and bring your zeal to the Creation Station for our various on-site fanfic contests too! These include:

--> Art-into-Fic: Artists post art on the wall, and you write a story about it. Can be fan art or original.

-->Fic-into-Art: Vice-versa. You write a drabble, and artists then illustrate it. Can be fanfic or original.  

-->Fanfic Bedtime Stories & Fanfic Theatre: Read your fics (or originals) aloud, or read those of others, or have other folks read yours aloud. Or cosplay your fics (or originals), or those of others, or have others cosplay your fics.  Much fun!!!

-->Scenes from a Hat: Compose a drabble containing whatever phrase you grab from the hat, as a title, line of dialogue, opening line, closing line, or overall theme.

Hope to see y'all there!

Offline Kasa

• Cabbit
actually this is ellen (rem)
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 02:15:52 pm »
hi actually this is ellen/rem, writing from the fanfic contest in burnaby, british columbia, canada, at the creation station at anime evolution.  

we have only been open officially for 12 minutes, but already, i have received about a dozen additional submissions for our fanfic contest, over the past hour.

this confirms for me that realistically, i need to try to extend the fanfic deadline for kumoricon until partway through the con, as well.

my co-judge, amy, will not be at kc, but will be available online, and the creation station will have wireless. i will not have my own laptop there, but someone will, and i'll have my printer.

i will try to get a hold of my supervisor, Brenda, today, and see if she is willing to approve our accepting fics through perhaps midnight going into sunday, as i'm doing here. (in the past i've accepted them through midnight going into monday, but so many would come in, that it would make finishing the judging on time very difficult.)

thanks to those who have contacted me personally to let me know that they were still working on fics for the con! people have even approached me at this con, working on fics for kc!
2014 Cosplay:
~Pinkie Pie from MLP:FiM
    Workout and Plain-clothes
~Rose Lalonde from Homestuck
~Punk Growlithe from Pokemon

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 07:21:08 pm »
Say Ellen, I just thought of something.  Obviously, it's a little late for this year, but...

You're in charge of these types of contests for Sakura-con too, right?  Well, since it takes place in April, and APril is National Poetry Month, is there such a contest there?  Specifically haikus?  That'd be cool!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 02:58:37 pm »
Sorry, didn't know anything about it. Contest rules specifically do say poems are welcome as submissions.

If you are coming to Sak, feel free to randomly announce such a contest during one of the "Beta Times", which include spontaneous themed drabble contests. One of them could be haiku, that would be fun.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 04:57:26 pm »
Super!  As far as I know, I will be going, so I'll have to remember this.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 03:44:02 am »
Just commenting, saying someone who has the power should really go through this contest section and delete old rules and stuff ><

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 10:45:50 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"
Just commenting, saying someone who has the power should really go through this contest section and delete old rules and stuff ><

Maybe there is a way to move older threads into archives?
New rules should be coming soon. They probably will be a little different since there will be a trio of judges, all new to the KC Fanfic Judging process. Feel free (anyone) to make any suggestions for what to keep, remove, or alter.

Kimiski: I still owe you a Copic ink pen, if I recall correctly!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 10:24:08 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
Quote from: "kimiski"

Maybe there is a way to move older threads into archives?
New rules should be coming soon. They probably will be a little different since there will be a trio of judges, all new to the KC Fanfic Judging process. Feel free (anyone) to make any suggestions for what to keep, remove, or alter.

Kimiski: I still owe you a Copic ink pen, if I recall correctly!

Yeah, it just egst reayy confusing and then newbies start posting info in them ect. lol yeah.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 04:52:42 pm »
will you be at the general meeting in salem next sunday?