Author Topic: Artist Alley Booth Question  (Read 10607 times)

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
Artist Alley Booth Question
« on: December 28, 2006, 08:17:56 am »
When will be we be able to register for our tables this year and how much will it be?  I'm only curious because I'm kind of in a bind for money at the moment and I'm trying to put some money aside for the con.  I am deffinetly going this year.  I have gone for 3 years now and I plan to make this my 4th.
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 01:07:34 pm »
I'm trying to get the same information. :D

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 08:41:27 pm »
Oh, ok.  THey probably haven't figured that out yet.  But no hurry... yet.  Heheh!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 12:36:33 am »
I have another question.
I have a few anime things I wanna sell, random anime discs, CDs, Manga, ect.  I dont need anymore cause I started getting box sets.
I dont have near enough for a actual table to sell real anime merchandise, but we are getting an artist booth and selling homemade stuff. Is it okay to like have a box on the table and see if anyone wants to buy them from that table?
I dont know where else to sell them. Im not allowed a sellers account on ebay or anywhere, and Lanime died... T.T

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 10:00:30 am »
If I recall from last year's agreement with artist's tables, that anything you sell at the table has to be your own work. That might have changed this year, I will leave it to the staff who would know the details. But that is what I remember when I signed on the dotted line and on the check.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 11:19:03 am »
i canvassed at asian celebration (with permission), & there are several folks wanting info, especially prices to enter this and exhibitor's hall. whomever has this info, please post it (or let us know when it might become available). that would be great, thanks.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 12:39:44 pm »
Quote from: "kimiski"
I have another question.
I have a few anime things I wanna sell, random anime discs, CDs, Manga, ect.  I dont need anymore cause I started getting box sets.
I dont have near enough for a actual table to sell real anime merchandise, but we are getting an artist booth and selling homemade stuff. Is it okay to like have a box on the table and see if anyone wants to buy them from that table?
I dont know where else to sell them. Im not allowed a sellers account on ebay or anywhere, and Lanime died... T.T

Some people should totally get together and buy a small booth. Multiple people could sell stuff and help pay for the booth. Either that or Kumoricon should set up a "Bring your anime related junk" yard sale. That'd be so awesome. I'd totally come. :D

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 02:50:41 pm »
Quote from: "Nekochi"
I have another question.

Some people should totally get together and buy a small booth. Multiple people could sell stuff and help pay for the booth. Either that or Kumoricon should set up a "Bring your anime related junk" yard sale. That'd be so awesome. I'd totally come. :D

I SO AGREE!! I have lots of random anime junk Im sure people wopuld buy, and lots of it is rare. I wouldnt mind getting together with people to get a booth where we all sold stuff from like our own "little corners" the problem with that though is organization and this year It would be HECTIC to watch over NightRains artist booth and this one, plus try to make events.

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 08:45:46 pm »
I have another question.

I SO AGREE!! I have lots of random anime junk Im sure people wopuld buy, and lots of it is rare. I wouldnt mind getting together with people to get a booth where we all sold stuff from like our own "little corners" the problem with that though is organization and this year It would be HECTIC to watch over NightRains artist booth and this one, plus try to make events.

It all has to do with liscensing agreements and the like.  There is a law that prohibits someone from selling some used anime in a venue like this but it might change for this con.  Dunno.  Plus other companies are going to be selling some items and DVD's and tapes/CD's are matterials that go along with the recordable item law or something?  There is a law out there that protects companies from piracy.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 10:14:22 pm »
Quote from: "bastett08"
I have another question.

It all has to do with liscensing agreements and the like.  There is a law that prohibits someone from selling some used anime in a venue like this but it might change for this con.  Dunno.  Plus other companies are going to be selling some items and DVD's and tapes/CD's are matterials that go along with the recordable item law or something?  There is a law out there that protects companies from piracy.

Gah thats dumb. Its not like were selling bootlegs.

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 06:06:38 pm »
From what I understand, Fanime-Con had a room specifically for anime garagesale!  Maybe Kumori-Con can look into that for those interested, I know I have alot of anime junk I'd love to get rid of. :lol:

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 07:12:41 pm »
in Or-E-Gon the laws on selling used stuff is something like this

you can sell your own stuff (legal non pirate stuff) any way you want.

Items Like Cd's, DVD, video game carts and the Equipment to play them  and some types of books stores like CD exchange, pawn shops and the comic store have to hold 7 days before they can sell them and take down any seriel numbers to send to the police once a month.   I ASSuME Washington is about the same.  

if 200 kids all went in on a table at $1 each your covered
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 08:14:53 pm »
There's no legal issue with selling used material, in terms of copyright law. The right of "first sale" explicitly allows this.

The question is whether we, as a con, allow you to have a space to do this. :) Chevi, I remember that space at Fanime also (I think it was in the huge gaming hall that was mostly empty?). I bought a few used CDs from sellers there. I'll pass along your suggestion; however, I'm not sure we would have the free space to do it.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 10:15:38 pm »
I had a crazy Idea that can work with this crazy idea.  There should be an Info Booth next to the K con booth that is shared by all the local city and college Anime clubs to hand out info on meeting up in there area.  I figured if each club chipped in a bit and put in a few hours that should cover the booth.     I'll even put in 20 bucks and two hours for OUAC and NBN of Eugene.   That booth can sell used stuff by having all sellers create an Anon ID with a number on the price sticker and and those numbers are logged in a workbook so at the end of the day or week end we know who sold how much and probebly a small cut to the house.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 03:45:32 pm »
It would be great to get to know about all of the anime clubs in the area.  

Has anybody gotten any information about booths or anything?  We've written two letters to different folks and have yet to get any info..... :(  No love...No love...  Hehehee~  :p

Offline Ken

• Oni
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 10:31:44 pm »
for pricing info for the exhibitors hall email exhibitors@kumoricon.org with the specifics. Not sure if you need a business license make sure you mention if you have/don't have one

Offline OtokoNoShufu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 11:18:21 pm »
I talked to Eric who has coordinated the Artist Alley for as long as I can remember, and he reaffirmed that we'd have to get a temporary business license for the weekend since we'll be in Washington State.  I remember there was info about it on the SCon forums for last year at the very least.  If I'm able to find it before someone else posts it, I'll report right back. ^__^  

As far as the tables, the cost is $60 per table (3"x8") with two chairs.  That covers both your table AND your (one artist) con registration!!!  Any assistants of course will still have to prereg like normal.  

If I've been mistaken or missed any info, please correct me as I has a bit of a misunderstanding of last year's contract and was in panic mode half of the con. ^ ^;  But yeah, I'd say that they've really hooked us up this year.

Gambarou!!!
Am I on one of those hidden camera shows?

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 10:48:17 am »
Hmmm..... Must remember that booth and registration are combined for future reference.

Next year Pocky club might have to get a booth in Artist's Alley and that'd be a good way for me to get a friend to the con.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010