Author Topic: Dolly Making! ^__^  (Read 81415 times)

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2006, 08:29:28 pm »
Their battle outfits, which is the first link. ^-^

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2006, 10:58:21 pm »
Rin Rin, don't forget about scary kitty.. If you have time!  If not I have a weird plush I could probably use!

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2006, 09:38:16 am »
Alright! Jack Sparrow and Nova are complete! I still you need you to get back to me on your Mitha, Seraph-Chan! ^^;

I'll start on the Battleoutfits Starlights tonight, at least one of them, I'd like to get some anime dollies done. And the $30 ones as well!

Thanks! I'll post up the complete soon! Kamineko too, Leashy-Chan <3

- Rin Rin
- Sakura-Con-Goers-Click ^^

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2006, 10:51:43 am »
Thank you so much again Rin Rin! I can't wait to see a picture of him. ^^

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2006, 10:41:37 pm »
hey catgirl if its a possibliity could you probably make a plushie of a sniper from RO heres a pic http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/game/JobSniper.asp the one i would want would be the one one the little spin around one thanks if you can i dont really care if you do or not.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2006, 09:01:48 pm »
she said she wouldn't take anymore requests for dolls silly friend

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2006, 01:07:28 pm »
dang me so stupid..wait no im not lol thanks leashy

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2006, 10:42:13 pm »
Thanks RinRin so much. My friend will be very pleased with these. ^_^ I will defiantly see you at Kumori-Con! Look for me, I'm not hard to miss. I will be Tsusuki from Yami no Matsuei, Human Luna from Sailor Moon S and Taiki Kou from Sailor Moon Stars!

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2006, 02:45:13 pm »
Halfway through dressing Star-Maker, I just realized something - do you want their outfits in dark blue or black?

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/sailmake.jpg - What would your friend prefer? I started with black, do you want me to continue with it or have black?

I think it's black with blue shine, but whatever you'd like. This happened before, a person wanted this color rather than that and they were minorly disappointed. ^^;

Get back to me ASAP, please =D I wanna get these comissions finished before I go back to my inventory.

Photoshoot after they're done! And yes, sorry WolfWood-San, no more comissions I don't think. ^^ And guess what, Roxas is done! He'll be in next Photoshoot!

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2006, 02:47:02 pm »
im sooo getting the KH dolls first... *Grabs them and runs and hides* heh heh heh

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2006, 01:13:39 pm »
Black all the way through. You don't have to worry about the shine or anything. But, black is the preffered color here. Not that it really matters to me, I just know she likes the black over the dark blue of the Musical outfits. Don't get me started on the Starlights, or I might never shut up.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2006, 10:15:06 pm »
Alright, Starlight Hearler is in progress, the other 2 are sewn and ready to be stuffed and dressed. All black, and as neat as possible. Black is often shedding the most of other colors, crimson red is horrible for shedding as well. Ah well, I'll tidy it up any fibre mess with a gentle taping treatment ^^ Thank you for your patience, Wind-Chan.

Kairi-Chan, your Semi Mini Kairi is complete, unless you'd like her shoes done as well. I do not have the right shade of pink for her shoes, the only color I have is baby pink, slightly brighter than the real color of her shoes. If you'd like it done, I'll gladly do so and won't charge extra. X_x Shoes are a nightmare to do, especially KH/KH2 shoes - thankfully Kairi, on the whole, has a simple outfit, it suits her kind and gentle nature. ne?

Your Sephiroth has not yet been started, hopefully his body will be sewn tomorrow and be ready to be stuffed and dressed the next day. Thank you as well, for your patience!

I've got a new idea for KH2 dollies that will probably be semi claimed by Wolf-Wood-chan XD

- Whatcha all think?

Comission update:

Jack Sparrow for Shadow-Chan - Complete, needs his rum though! XD
Nova Dolly for Sasu-Chan - Complete, ready and packaged
STarlights for Wind-Chan - Healer in progress, other two ready to be stuffed and dressed.
Mithra for Seraph-Chan - Not yet started, will be once confirmed on colors and outfit.
Kairi Semi Mini and Sephiroth for Kairi-Chan - Kairi complete, unless shoes are wanted. Sephiroth is not yet started, will have body sewn and ready for stuffing/dressing by next day.

Alright! *claps hands* Thank you! <333 How is everyone doing?

- Rin Rin

Offline kairi

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2006, 12:03:48 am »
thank u so much XD u r great and very fast at this........if u wouldnt mind doing the shoes that would be great and it doesnt matter if the color is a lil of on the shoes, it makes it all the more unique right :) again thank u!!
Chibiroth

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2006, 09:18:29 pm »
Alright, Comission update! My deadline for Sephy, Starlights, and Kairi end on Saturday night. I'll be leaving my dwelling on Sunday! *So excited*

Kairi - Finishing Touches on shoes
Jack Sparrow - Paint "Rum" on the green bottle XD
Sephy - Needs to be stuffed and dressed
Starlight Maker - Needs to be dressed
Mithra - Needs to be stuffed, a few pieces sewn up, and dressed

Starlight Fighter is complete. They all look remarkably the same, Wind-Chan! The only real noticable difference in them is their criss-cross belts. In the Maker, her belts are a bit more criss-crossed than the Fighters, and Healer's is hardly. I hope you don't mind. The two I've finished so far look great next to each other.

I'll post more soon! My goal tonight is to finish Starlight Maker and stuff Sephy!

A----nd I rented 5 DVDs for 5 nights, for $5.65. Movies and coffee = perfect sewing time! Rin Rin out!

*huggles all*

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2006, 09:25:53 pm »
rin rin you rule at making KH dolls oh if me and kairi can find you in time before the myspace photoshoot me and her can have are dolls/plushie in the KH photoshoot lol

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2006, 09:39:58 pm »
^^ Well, I hope to make alot more next convention I go to. If this is a success, I'll make another doll inventory, make even more and have a wider selection of games and anime characters. Ano, wait, if it isn't a success, I'll still make an inventory and sell them.

I could always give you my information so you can order more from me, WolfWood-San! XD *Hugs* Everyone else, I'm planning on making a few business cards. I'll comission here and there, maybe I will make a website with Leashy-Chan's help. ^^

I bet I could find you sometime before the myspace and KH Photoshot - I'll check out the times it's planned.

It looks like no Namine, Axel, KH1 trio, or the Roxas/Sora splice. Next time! I must finish the comissions, 12 Papou's, 10 heart keychains, and that's it. Before Saturday X_x

Chu!

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2006, 09:47:01 pm »
yea the myspace photoshoot is at 9:00 am on the first day lol. YAY i got hugged lol. i cant wait for the con!!

Offline kairi

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2006, 10:12:40 pm »
u are my hero rin-rin XD
Chibiroth

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2006, 10:15:21 pm »
XD lol i think shes all are heros for doll making

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2006, 09:48:05 pm »
Alrighty! I'm leaving Sunday, so I really need to finish up a few things!

Sailor Stars - COMPLETE! Just, as every other doll, needs a gentle tape cleaning and they're ready for sale!

Jack Sparrow - COMPLETE! With a little green bottle with the words "Rum" painted in black on it!

Kairi - Just needs her shoes! Will be done tonight!

Sephiroth - Just needs to be dressed - will be done by morning! EDIT
: COMPLETE!!!

MIthra - Needs dressing and will be done by tomorrow night.

I'm pulling an all nighter! No working for me tomorrow, I usually do housework and painting at the other house on Tuesday and Thursday nights, and all of Saturday but my Mother is on call at the health clinic and needs to stay home.

Also, Chun-Li needs her white triangle spikes - attempt 2! First were too big! XD

Yue needs his wings, a freezer bag cover wrap rather than the 2 small sandwich bag covers.

Kamineko - needs a slight re-stitching, make it more tidier! Leashy-Chan, guess what! Totally easy to take out, but very cool = Your Scary Cat jumps around, jiggles, if you press on one of his paws! A little different thing added and easily taken out. It simply "Bounce glides" around the place! If you dont' like it, I can take it out and not know I had put it in!

Oh, and I'll need to make more Papou Fruits and Heart Chains! I've done Tidus, Zidane, Yazoo, Loz, and Kadaj as well!

Here I go! NO sleep tonight!

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2006, 04:40:48 pm »
*squeaks and smiles*This is awesome Rin-Rin. Thanks so much. I can't wait to meet you at the con!

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2006, 07:08:25 pm »
I can't wait too! ^_&^

Sailor Stars - COMPLETE!

Jack Sparrow - COMPLETE!

Kairi - COMPLETE!

Sephiroth - COMPLETE!!!

MIthra - %3o done

Chun-Li
Yue
Kamineko - adjustments

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2006, 07:32:04 pm »
whens the next photoshoot for your dolls?

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2006, 09:21:28 pm »
Probably tomorrow morning, I have to be up at 6 AM latest for a shower and then packing of the car. My mom is the Execute administrator at the village health clinic here and she has a business meeting on Monday in Vancouver. As it takes about a day to get there from where we live, she's leaving tomorrow early.

And she's taking me along! Dropping me off at my sister's and then it's me alone, as in having no parents! ^___^ Leashy-Chan is going to be my sister guardian! *happy cheers and hugs*

Anyways, maybe while I drip-dry after my shower, I'll take a photoshoot. I really need to finish up Mithra, I've got the top done, needs everything else X_x

Seraph-Chan, I'm going crazy all out so you can get your moneys worth XD

I found this picture with ALOT more detail on the arms - file://localhost/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Victoria/My%20Documents/Crafts/Fabricwork/Dolls/request/dragmiles.jpg

And in this picture, it seems rather simple, the arms and leg attachment coverings - file://localhost/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Victoria/My%20Documents/Crafts/Fabricwork/Dolls/request/mithra_rse.jpg

And then I wondered what the back of them looked like  - http://homepage1.nifty.com/fmkikaku/ff/Photo2/Mithra_G1.jpg - Check out the far left Mithra in with the white hair!

I'll get as much done tonight, after that, I may have to do him while travelling. X_x

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2006, 09:32:25 pm »
YAY rin rin you work like a candian in a shoe factory no offense to candians

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2006, 09:49:41 pm »
Eh, no offense taken? ^^;

Hehe, What you said, is that good?

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2006, 09:52:59 pm »
yes that means your a hard and good and fast worker

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2006, 10:48:45 pm »
Rin Rin are you around?  I think I hear MSN calling our names! ^^

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2006, 10:27:52 pm »
Rin rin im soo glad i met you at the con you dolls where amazing but i could only get a papou fruit because my mom is to cheap lol.

Offline kairi

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2006, 12:11:30 am »
i couldnt find u at all and i didnt get to see the really cute dolls u made for  me :(
Chibiroth

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2006, 12:35:45 pm »
I couldn't either, it made me sad.  Then I remembered the panel as we were leaving for washington yesterday and I was like "NOOOOOOOO!"

;__;

Maybe next year I can find you.

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Ichiro (Nerima Daikon Brothers)
Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)
Possibly more...

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2006, 06:18:15 am »
That's sad, we were looking for both of you, we were like "Where is Kairi? Have you seen Sasu-kitty?"

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2006, 09:18:59 am »
*cry* and I was so looking forward to meeting more people.

Where were you, anyway?

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Possibly more...

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #183 on: September 07, 2006, 10:43:03 am »
XD I was at the hotel, room 132, floor 1! And I had an artist alley table that I was at as long as I could, and I absolutely had to be in the Glissan room to give my workshop. One was on Saturday from 3PM to 5PM and the other was on Monday 10:30AM-12:30PM

Awww, I can't believe you were there! I was looking everywhere! And I asked every Kairi I think, if they were from the forums! ;_;

Ah well, next option!

If you'd give me your mailing addresses, I'll send them to you - A nova dolly for Sephiroth and Kairi for kairi.

If you'd like me to do so, PM the addys, or in here, up to you! If you'd rather not, I'll have to find another thing to do. I'm not sure if I can make it to Sakuracon AND Kumoricon, although, just thought of the possibility, it sounds neat!

Thank you to everyone who bought my dolliessss! ^____^ I feel so loved!

Thank you, thank you, thankyou!

And guess what! I'm making a business card! <33333333333

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2006, 11:09:44 am »
yes your going to SAKURACON!!! i talked her in to going WOOOOO more kh dolls for me

Offline kairi

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2006, 04:43:19 pm »
sounds good but how would we give u the money oh lol and pretty much half of the time i was dressed up as sephiroth
Chibiroth

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2006, 04:50:27 pm »
Kairi do you have a picture of yourself at the con?

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2006, 04:59:51 pm »
X_X Sephy-Chan.... ?

Ah well, probably by money orders or conceal cash ^^; Canadian if possible, if not, I can easily change Amercian money to Canadian. So if you'd like your dolly sent by mail, PM me your address, and I'll give you mine. Ermm....Payment first then dolly sound alright? I've never ever sent out a dolly order before ^^

Yush, I think I'll go to Sakura con, WW-Chan! *Huggles* Oh, I absolutely loved meeting you! You were so bubbly happy! And cute, trying to eat the papou fruit.. XD

I might make doubles of every doll, maybe even more for super popular.

How does, A FF7 and a FF7AC Cloud in Sizes Mini, Anime, Super Chibi sound? XD And the same for Sora KH/KH2 and the rest of the trio and their coressponding ones?

If I do that, I may even do more, and then even reserve a set of each if I can. XD We'll see, we'll see!

<3 *lubs*

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2006, 05:11:04 pm »
awww thanks i can see a chibi of me eating a paopou fruit lol well this year im gonna get more money because i have to save up till then but i will be able to get a sora, roxas and kari doll at sakuracon

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2006, 05:26:21 pm »
XD *huggles*

Yush, so! I gotta get a job! X_x Money, money, money!

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2006, 05:37:25 pm »
AWWWWWWWW im laughing soo hard right now its sooooo cute im stealing this pic

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2006, 11:57:07 pm »
I wanted to make a doll, but the room was full!!!  T_T
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline bananarick

• Cabbit
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2007, 03:47:40 pm »
I had one of those ed doll [cause I was ed]
Then I lost it...:'(
Blahblahblah

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2007, 10:30:56 pm »
I've been curious about doll making myself.
Is it an expensive hobby? xD

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2007, 07:27:37 pm »
I haven't been here in so long XD A random event lead me to look up the Kumoricon site and then on a whim, I decided to check out the forums.

I find doll-making is an expensive hobby time wise, but for materials, it varies on what you use for materials. I use felt, thread, hotglue, needles, stuffing - the total for everything used for my most expensive doll ($25), the total is about $7. It takes about 30 hours of work though to produce a doll of 14 inches.

Felt is easy to find, easy to buy many different colors, great and doesn't need hemming. Very ideal for what I do, but doll-making can get expensive once you start to use fabrics like suedecloth and velboa.

The best of luck, it's very rewarding, making dolls. At least, I find it rewarding - it's so great to have a cosplayer pass my table, squeal and scoop up one of my creations in a hug, claiming theyd' never seen their favorite character of this certain anime/game/manga as a doll before.

Ja!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2007, 12:31:12 pm »
I can definitely vouch that not only is Catgirl Rin-Rin easily the NICEST person you will ever meet anywhere in the world of conventions, but also that her workshops leave everyone smiling and happy.

I'm hoping you will also be giving 2 workshops at the Creation Station at Anime Evolution?

For KC, once you know what times you want, we should think about starting advance sign-up.

Perhaps folks such as Mistress Legato who tried last year & couldn't get a space could sign up in advance?

Love u!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Dolly Making! ^__^
« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2007, 09:45:29 am »
Rin Rin is absolutely awesome. <333

I got my Nova months ago, and I absolutely love it.  If I make the con and you're doing a panel this year, I won't miss it again. <3

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Possibly more...