Author Topic: First Con-couple questions  (Read 2926 times)

Offline vulfgrl

• Oni
First Con-couple questions
« on: August 01, 2004, 11:50:21 am »
My stepson wants to go to this, he's 13, and I'll be taking him. But I'm not 100% sure we'll be going, because it depends on if my husband gets transferred to another state or not. For that reason, I don't want to preregister.
What are the at the door prices? And is there a possibility it will be filled up and they will only take people who preregistered?
I can't sew. He wants to be Naraku or some guy from Detective Conan. I don't know what to be. The only dress up costume I have is a Slytherin school outfit (with scarf). Is that appropriate?
Everyone's talking about hotel rooms, but I live about 5 minutes from the hotel. Are you required to get a room in the hotel?
Is there anything else we would need to bring?
Thanks for any help.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 01:31:35 pm »
I believe the door prices are about $45 for all 3 days.  I doubt there will be a limit on the number of people who can enter so I wouldn't worry.  I'm not sure if harry potter is appropriate or not.  No, you don't have to get a hotel, I'm taking the max train right from home myself ^_^.  What to bring...maybe just some home made lunches or something at least.  Food at cons tend to be expensive.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 04:04:45 pm »
I think Frodo would think otherwise about the Harry Potter costume ^_^.  Non-anime costumes pop up every now and then so it shouldn't matter.  There are some video games that aren't anime style but people still dress up like the characters just to give an example.
Hotel discussions are mostly between those of us who don't live in the Portland area and don't want to drive back and forth between Portland and home like, for example, those who live in Seattle.
Again with costumes; whether or not you can sew doesn't matter.  Last KumoriCon everything on my costume was regular cloths combined to look like an Anime character.  The only work I actually did on my costume was add a piece of tape (go me <-- heavy sarcasm)
Oh, bring a camera and plenty of film.  You never know what's going to happen there and it's fun to record the memories.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 07:42:34 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
I think Frodo would think otherwise about the Harry Potter costume ^_^.

Actually, if I had had the costume, I would have been Draco Malfoy at this years Sakura Con. ^.^

All sorts of costumes are allowed.  Staze has shown up as Legolas at the past two Sakura Con's, and his costume has always been a big hit.  As long as it's cool and appropriate (PG for the children please, people.), there's no reason why you can't show up.

I myself have always wanted to see a Sherlock Holmes or Moriarty wandering around, but that's just me. ^.^;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.