Author Topic: Some kind of Cosplay scavenger hunt?  (Read 11241 times)

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
Some kind of Cosplay scavenger hunt?
« on: April 10, 2007, 09:12:54 pm »
I was thinking that a Cosplay scavenger hunt of some form would be really cool.  You know, you could have to find and photograph characters from the list.  To make it not impossible, I would probably pick categories rather than actual characters (eg. magical girl, shonen hero, sports star).  The only issue I can't really figure out is how to verify that people actually found everything on the list.  If you have a poloroid camera, it's easy.  If you have film, you're pretty much out of luck.  But the majority of people these days have digital cameras, so if someone who has a laptop is interested in this idea, maybe we could make it work.  I'm willing to buy prizes, I just want to find out how much interest there is before I start getting all worked up on this idea.

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 11:15:22 am »
I've been ploting this sorta thing for a while ^-^ we should make it COSPLAY BINGO!!!
Have YOU heard the good news of Jenova?

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:36:44 pm »
We could also have silly items such as find 5 different "Ichigo" (Bleach), 3 different "Narutos", etc. since we do have lots of duplicates.  ;)

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 02:49:46 pm »
and bonus point/prize for most glomps ^-^ you could have the people you glomp sign a "people I glomped" list or something

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
no it should be a cosplay scavanger hunt for the chaperone aunts.  give them a picture of an anime character and give them 2 hours to make a costume
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 12:29:12 pm »
lol YES! this is a great idea! we should do it X3

haha find a box of "man's pocky"

steal someone's keyblades X3
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 02:03:33 pm »
Quote from: "Killer_Tofu"
and bonus point/prize for most glomps ^-^ you could have the people you glomp sign a "people I glomped" list or something

That's an awesome idea!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 03:49:10 pm »
Yeah, I like the "glomp list" a lot better than trying to sort out pictures or something.  Maybe bonus points for the person with the most different characters glomped, things like that.  Plus, if you had two lines, real name and cosplay character, it would make it less likely dumb people would cheat.  I'll start working on exactly who/what we want to make people find, so if you have any suggestions, post them soon!  Also, what do you think would make good prizes?

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 04:27:19 pm »
grand prize should be a hard to find plushie of some kind. I know that most people love pocky but I can't eat it unless they've come out with some beautiful, beautiful non-dairy variety.

If every one has either a digital cam or phone cam we can veiw pics on the little screens...

(off-topic: I have razor-burn *sigh* and now my moacha-chino is all gone  :( )

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 06:22:50 pm »
Quote from: "Mr_Mustash"
I'll have like 3 digital cameras there personally, and my phone, and my laptop... if that helps at all

well, aren't you lil mr. techno geek.

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 01:50:26 pm »
Okay, I think I'm close to done with roughing out the general idea.  I'll list a show on the form, with 4-5 lines under it.  You get 2 points for each main character, 1 point for each additional cosplay of the same character, 1 point for side characters.  You'll have to put down the person's real name, the character's name, and have them initial for "glomp points."  The glomp points won't count for the main scavenger hunt, but there will be a special prize for the most glomps.  Below the main listings for popular shows we can expect lots of cosplay from, I'll have a few category listings, such as "Older shows," "Video Games," "J-Rock," and "Obscure."  Each person found for the categorical listings will count for 2 points.  Also, I'll throw in a few extras, like "How many Naruto's can you find," "How many of the Bleach captains can you get in one photo," etc.  I was thinking I'd also award 5 bonus points to the person who gets the most NarutoxSasuke yaoi pose photos...  And require photo verification for the winners only, so that I don't have to wade through 4 million pictures at the end.  Also, to make it a little easier on myself, I think the hunt will last through Saturday night, then turn in the forms somewhere for me to collect, I'll go through them and call upon the winners to provide their photos Sunday morning.

Any feedback?  Series you think should be listed (Other than Bleach, Naruto, Hellsing, and Cowboy Bebop, those are kinda no-brainers)?

OH!  Also, I would love it if some people would like to help me go through the forms Saturday night!  Anyone interested?

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 02:39:11 pm »
anno.... I don't rly watch Bleach, Naruto or Hellsing (I'm not a n00b, I just don't watch those'ns)

also don't forget InuYasha, Sailor moon, CLAMP titles (cardcaptor sakura, tsubasa, magic night rayearth etc), Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasys(FFVII hase been particularly popular)

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 03:12:30 pm »
Aha!  I would have forgotten about CLAMP!  I probably would've never heard the end of it, too!  Definitely FFVII needs it's own category, especially after seeing how many Advent Children cosplays there were at Sakuracon this year.

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 04:08:29 pm »
There was a LOT! and most of the gyz where GYZ!!! *drool*

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 04:16:12 pm »
Ok, so for shows:
Bleach
Naruto
Cowboy Bebop
Clamp
Hellsing
Sailor Moon
Full Metal Alchemist
One Piece
D. Gray Man
Inu Yasha
Ouran Host Club

For Video Games:
Guilty Gear
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy (other)
Kingdom Hearts

Categories:
Something old
Something new
Something hard to find
Video Game (general)
Budget Costumes

Special bonuses:
+5 points for the most Bleach captains in one photo
+5 points for the most different NarutoxSasuke pairs in yaoi poses
+2 points for the most different characters in any given category/series
+2 points for getting me in both my Friday and my Saturday cosplays

Anything else I should add?

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 04:23:46 pm »
there should be something for Snake from MGS (like snake-in-a-box or funniest hiding place(s))

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 04:25:56 pm »
and most Sephiroths killing an Aeris(/th)

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 04:35:46 pm »
Yeah, definitely most different Sefiroth & Aerith death poses...  I'll have to think about Snake.  Maybe most different Snake action poses or something.

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 01:21:17 pm »
I think that it would be fun to have some more doing-stuff-based missions as well. like "paint a cos'er's face" "reenact a famous anime/game scene with a cos'er from that anime/game" (or like previously mentioned) "steal someone's keyblade" etc. etc.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 02:02:23 pm »
This is a great idea, let me know how I can help.

Just so you all know, this is a game you could take part in while delivering Pocky for Pocky Club. In fact, while you're playing and deliveryin Pockygrams to these people you would also be racking up volunteer hours for the convention.

Not just win win, but a triple win situation.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 02:35:41 pm »
... (or like previously mentioned) "steal someone's keyblade" etc. etc.

Note: if you "steal someone's keyblade" or the like, in reality you ought to get their permission to borrow it for a while, check the item in to get credit for "stealing" it and then return it. I'd hate to see some cosplayer freaking out because an import part of his costume has been stolen and it's 15 minutes before curtain time for the cosplay event....(not to mention just seeing someone upset because a cool item from their costume has gone missing)... so no stealing items. You must get the owner's permission. Also, if you need to "collect" characters, you need that person to agree to go with you (you can't kidnap them for real...)

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 05:35:59 pm »
Ooh!  I like missions!  I have a mission: "Get Light to write your name in his Death Note!"  Or, "Have Naruto teach you a hand seal."  The only problem with steal(borrow) and check in missions is that I haven't been to enough cons to want to tie myself to a table somewhere so people could come find me, that's why I wanted to collect entries Sunday night...  I guess if enough people were interested in helping to make for fairly short shifts we could hold a booth somewhere for this.  I definitely need help when it comes time to sort through all the entries to find the winners, so everyone who's interested, count on either a kinda late Sunday night or a kinda early Monday morning.  Probably the late Sunday, knowing anime fans.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 05:58:34 pm »
Again, if you'd like to help out Pocky Club with your game then I'd be glad to use our table space as a check point. Especially since I don't want the people I assign to watch the table when I'm not there getting bored.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 06:53:21 pm »
Fo' sure!  Since this is my first Kumori-con, what exactly would Pocky club want me to do to help out?

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »
for the steal/borrow things I was thinking more like: take a pic that makes it l00k like you stole/are stealing the item in question

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 09:02:25 pm »
Wellz...  If we do a co-op with Pocky club, we could have people actually borrow, have someone at the club table put a stamp or something on their sheet, and then return the item.  Not bad...  If I make it to the festival this weekend, I'll try and have a rough draft of the hunt form to show off to interested peeps...

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 09:16:11 pm »
kyonichi, Pocky Club members need to show up at our panel and help the club in a number of ways.

Doing cosplay pockygram deliveries,
Assisting in deliveries with the clipboards
manning the table for a time
and most of all, hyping pocky club and advertising it to the people in line around the convention.

if you'd like to join the club (no strings really, just try and make it to the panel) then email me at pockyclub at gmail dot com
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 09:18:35 pm »
would everyone have to be on pocky delivery? Cause I wouldn't feel right running around and providing ppl with something I myself wouldn't eat (dairy products)

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 02:07:21 pm »
ok ok I said I would not do this at the festival but you know what.... after thinking about it I will so do this and its still making me laugh what kyonichi said "Get as many sasukes together into on picture in 'shounen ai' positions"
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 04:17:22 pm »
Ok, so I have the third prize already, I think...  An Ouran fanbook.  Does that sound good?

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 04:20:46 pm »
would everyone have to be on pocky delivery? Cause I wouldn't feel right running around and providing ppl with something I myself wouldn't eat (dairy products)

Not everyone has to make deliveries. Though if you can't eat Pocky you'll missinfg out on a lot of our fun. Especially since we have a no Pretz rule.

Pretz are basically flavored cracked versions of Pocky and are made by the same company, Glico. Pretz are usually flavors with a outer dusting of spices or have the flavor baked in. I think that if you joined we would be able to get you some nice non-dairy Pretz to snack on as an exception. Who knows, you could start a new movement in the club that could actually change one of our traditions!

To answer your question though, you don't have to make deliveries or accompany the delivery person and use the clip board. You can help at our booth (a good way to rack up volunteer hours while you rest your feet and eat lunch) and, like I keep saying, you can help out at our panel.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 08:23:29 pm »
Quote from: "kyonichi"
Ok, so I have the third prize already, I think...  An Ouran fanbook.  Does that sound good?

....can i have it? what does it look like....can i have it......
i  <3 host club

anyway how about a bigger or better
its where you start out with a penny and ask people if they will trade you somthing bigger and better and at the end (of the day?) person with the best thing wins, and the itens can be auctioned off at the charity auction
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 08:48:56 pm »
Lol...  At least one person would enjoy winning it...

That bigger or better thing sounds interesting.  Would you give the winner a prize, or just the satisfaction of knowing that they won?  I like the idea of auctioning off the items that people end up with at the charity auction.

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 11:37:49 pm »
if you want dude I have a metric ass ton of anime posters n stuff from back when my dad and I ran a small anime shop so I can pitch those in I guess we are not using them or nothing so yeah I think most of them are DBZ though
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2007, 06:38:40 am »
Heckz yeah dude!  I would love to be able to give out consolation type prizes...  Something like...  The first 20 people to turn in their completed form get to pick a poster, or the forms ranked 4-20 get to pick a poster.  That would be really good.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2007, 12:06:46 pm »
So when would the scavenger hunt start? Would there be a panel explaining the rules early Saturday?

Or maybe you'd like to have sign up sheets down at the merch booth?
Pocky club will be there to help if you want to just have a sort of static event that's not a scheduled panel. It could be announced during opening ceremonies.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2007, 01:22:03 pm »
I was going to try and make it to the next meeting to discuss that, but I can't, so probably I'll just try and handle it on here or at the June meet...  I think it'd be cool to get the forms ready in time and just have them in the swag bag you get when you register, and then announce it at the opening, have flyers, etc.  Does that sound feasible?

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 09:33:47 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"

Not everyone has to make deliveries. Though if you can't eat Pocky you'll missinfg out on a lot of our fun. Especially since we have a no Pretz rule.

Pretz are basically flavored cracked versions of Pocky and are made by the same company, Glico. Pretz are usually flavors with a outer dusting of spices or have the flavor baked in. I think that if you joined we would be able to get you some nice non-dairy Pretz to snack on as an exception. Who knows, you could start a new movement in the club that could actually change one of our traditions!

To answer your question though, you don't have to make deliveries or accompany the delivery person and use the clip board. You can help at our booth (a good way to rack up volunteer hours while you rest your feet and eat lunch) and, like I keep saying, you can help out at our panel.

0.o a new movement eh? sounds good to me ^-^

I like the "bigger and better" idea. the winner should get to keep the thing they end up with ^-^

This also reminds me of an idea I've been toying with of a katamari contest: everyone starts of with one of those big rubber balls (and a bunch of tape or something) and whoever get's the most people to stick stuff to it by the end of the con wins