Author Topic: Some photos inspired by Lain  (Read 2195 times)

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Some photos inspired by Lain
« on: December 10, 2006, 11:24:18 pm »
These images are my homage to the visual style of Serial Experiments Lain.  Enjoy!
    A power pole
    A warehouse building
    The old Grand Central Bowl on Morrison[/list]

edit: reprocessed for extra spookiness

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
      • http://vondan.com
    « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 11:48:02 pm »
    Looks like you had a little blood splatter as you were "Developing" your pictures, if I can offer a word of advice.

If you got any on your clothes you want to do this, wash on gentle cycle with cold water and no soap them wash again with warm water and a soap that says it removes protein stains.

If you need to “clean up” your “dark room”  remember the huge trash bin trailers at construction sites are great for anonymous dumping as they are too big to lock and cover and they are in temporary areas that don’t usually have surveillance cameras, just pick one in a area that is not lit well and smudge a little mud on the old license plate.

Another option might be to look up a Pig Farm in your areas phone book

If you need to replace carpet or wall paneling remember using new is to obvious unless you dirty it up a little when you install it.  First try looking at the recycled remodeling matieral from place like  bring in Eugene

And if all else fails fire destroys DNA

Von "I have finger printed more dead people than you" Dan
    Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
    President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
    CEO:  DanCo Interactive
    Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
    Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
      • Flickr
    « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 10:14:56 am »
    Heh, thanks for the advice!  

The blood splatters were actually photos of stars from an astronomy website, with selective color replacement added.  I increased the contrast on the photos and used the magic wand tool to select the shadow areas, which I then clipped out, allowing the red star base layer to show through.  Nothing fancy, really.  

I initially considered using a motion blur on the stars but it looked terrible, so I dropped the idea of implying motion in the shadows.