Author Topic: Any other anime-theme filkers here?  (Read 19077 times)

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.mphpress.com
Any other anime-theme filkers here?
« on: August 01, 2004, 09:46:33 pm »
Are there any other filkers here who do songs on anime themes? I was figuring if we could get two or three such artists together we wcould have a small concert some fatrenoon during an otherwise lull-like time in the convention.

It'd give us a chance to show off and perahsp inspire other people to write songs on anime-based themes.

I have about 15-20 songs on these themes in my collection of self-written lyrics somewhere.  I'm hoping one or two other artists would also contribute songs.
Michael Hopcroft Press
http://www.mphpress.com

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 10:57:03 pm »
actually we have some avid filkers in the kumoricon_fanfiction yahoo group!  i would encourage any of you who are interested in filking to join!...email me if interested...anyone!

"filkaeris" (a.j.) is an absolute genius at this...i'm sure she'll find this thread soon. radien is a fun filker. even i gave it a try (a silly one about vash). i'm quite certain there will be filks as a subset of the karaoke performance, and filks are encouraged within fanfic....in fact i'll add that to the contest thread!

love,
rem,
who blames her love of filk on wierd al and doctor demento
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 08:52:09 pm »
Well, I won't really have time to finish a filk (I haven't really touched the Vash one for awhile) because I'm busy enough with grad school and putting together the karaoke contest itself, and besides, I can't enter as I'm running the contest. But the contest will be filk-friendly. We may even have a filk category. I encourage you to encourage whomever you can to enter.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 12:00:31 am »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
actually we have some avid filkers in the kumoricon_fanfiction yahoo group!  i would encourage any of you who are interested in filking to join!...email me if interested...anyone!

"filkaeris" (a.j.) is an absolute genius at this...i'm sure she'll find this thread soon. radien is a fun filker. even i gave it a try (a silly one about vash). i'm quite certain there will be filks as a subset of the karaoke performance, and filks are encouraged within fanfic....in fact i'll add that to the contest thread!

love,
rem,
who blames her love of filk on wierd al and doctor demento

Can i join this wonderful-sounding yahoogroup? I feel like I need that kind of community.
Michael Hopcroft Press

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 11:30:38 pm »
you are already in this group (kumorcion_fanfiction)

filkaeris, from that group, aka "AJ", one of our fanfic workshop panelist, s probably the best known anime filker :)

be sure you connect with her.

i actually wrote a fun, silly one regarding vash, myself. you might even coax it out of me some time.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 02:00:43 am »
I'm tempted to start shrieking with delight at finding another avid filker at last, but that would be undignified, wouldn't it?

*gravely shakes hands*  Hello, I'm Arijan, also known as as AJ or FilkAeris around here, and I'm very fond of anime filking, to the point where this is my second year showing up to entertain folks as part of the Kumoricon programming.  A few of my filks can be found on my fanfiction.net account, under the name "tobu ishi".  Do you have any of your work around, and could I see it?  I can't wait to meet you at the con!

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 09:07:31 pm »
Quote from: "FilkAeris"
I'm tempted to start shrieking with delight at finding another avid filker at last, but that would be undignified, wouldn't it?

*gravely shakes hands*  Hello, I'm Arijan, also known as as AJ or FilkAeris around here, and I'm very fond of anime filking, to the point where this is my second year showing up to entertain folks as part of the Kumoricon programming.  A few of my filks can be found on my fanfiction.net account, under the name "tobu ishi".  Do you have any of your work around, and could I see it?  I can't wait to meet you at the con!

I've had some published in Xenofilkia, a famous filk publication. I wrote a lot of songs about "Card Captor Sakura", "Slayers","Ah! My Goddess", and ym ebst-known song in the local area is a retelling of the story of "Video Girl Ai".

I tend to write somewhat more serious songs than what many people think of when they think of filk. i take more inspiration from the classic filk artists (Leslie Fish, Cecilia Eng, Peter S. beagle, Kathy mar) than fromw'eird Al" yankovic and other parody specilists.
Michael Hopcroft Press

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 08:47:49 pm »
i think i've heard of cecelia eng...did she have a song called "the price of command" ?

meantime, could either of you two please post something in that filk forum about our contests? thanks!