Author Topic: PlayStation 3  (Read 7482 times)

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
PlayStation 3
« on: November 10, 2006, 04:09:03 pm »
Who's getting one?
Who's selling it on Ebay immediately afterwards?

I love my PS2, but from what I have read so far, the chips are not stacked in Sony's favor...

From various news sources:
Sony will release only 100,000 PlayStation 3 machines in Japan.

400,000 will be avalilable in the United States starting Nov. 17

Sony slashed the price for the "cheaper" PS3 model in Japan by 20 percent to
about $420.

Only five games were on sale for the PS3's Japan launch date.

So what do you think???
Wii anyone?

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
PlayStation 3
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 05:33:03 pm »
maybe not right away. but eventually (have to have something to play FFXIII on when it comes out! :D)
-Mikae

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
PlayStation 3
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 06:23:34 pm »
Please lets not add any jokes about any one getting there hands on a Wii, playing with there Wii, having peaple touch there Wii Etc

Von "Ishould cosplay as a Wii next year" Dan
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
PlayStation 3
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 09:39:37 pm »
kendo boyfriend is planning on getting one when tho,
he works at freddys office and gets a 10% discount then some times (like today) he gets 20% pluse coupons so hes hopping of finding one their
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Dark-hobo

• Sailor Scout
PlayStation 3
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 01:35:04 am »
TOO BAD VONDAN! I am doing it anyways :P. The suggestion is what makes the wii's name so great!

I am totally playing with my Wii all day on the 19th! And Rob is getting one two so we will be playing with our Wii's together... there may be some cross-wii action too...

Anyways screw the PS3 until the price drops. I bought a Wii, 4 games, a classic controller, 2000 wii points, and put $5 on a memory card and my total was still less than one ps3. And technically I got 5 games because of wii sports. so yeah screw sony and microsoft for their ridiculous price tags. I could build a computer that could play comperable game and have more funcionality for the same price.

The point is I will buy a ps3 when the price goes below at least 350. And many people are thinking the same thing.

" We must run from this... this hobo, this hobo that is dark" - General Volgun "The hobo Hunter" Opwusa

-goggle squad member

Put your hands on your hi

Offline Adell

• Sailor Scout
PlayStation 3
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 03:57:41 am »
I'd really like a PS3 for MGS4, DMC4, Heavenly Sword, and White Knight Story, but until I can crush coals into diamonds, I don't plan on getting one for awhile.

That and knowing Capcom and Konami, they're going to release special improved editions of MGS4 and DMC4 a year after the initial realese (just like what has happened with every MGS game and the Special Edition of DMC3), so rushing out to get a system to play these games just isn't something I am going to shed tears over. Plus I am sure there will be enough games still coming out on the PS2, GC, and for the still-fairly-new DS to keep me occupied. >.>

Same goes for Wii. Haven't seen enough on that system to warrant getting one. It looks kind of gimmicky. If I want to play a sport, I will go outside and play a sport, I dun need to play golf or tennis in my living room...

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
PlayStation 3
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 10:53:12 am »
I'm one of those people who likes to wait for prices to drop before buying the "new" except for a few cases with games.  I don't think I'm even going to consider buying the PS3 until the price is somewhat close to $100.

But if I do see a game I like but it's for PS3, I'll probably buy a copy when the price goes down even before I own the system.  That's what I did when the first 2 .hack games came out.  (I was able to borrow a PS2 every now and then during that time)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
PlayStation 3
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 11:17:04 am »
that is nice thing about getting the store discount and coupons it makes it "the price that gone down" now,
my moms boyfriend has the freddys discount too and its how we got our ps2 for like 100 off when it came out

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
PlayStation 3
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 01:14:12 am »
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Waffles loves his WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

anyways yeah the hobo said it right!

wii ftw wait tell the ps3 drops down in price....
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
PlayStation 3
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 07:23:16 am »
Yeah, I don't plan on getting a PS3 anytime soon, and not just because of the price. Maybe I'm not much of an "average" gamer, but I don't really see any games of interest to me being released for the ps3 in the near future. They all look really great, don't get me wrong, and some commercials make me really want to SEE the game being played, but none of them look all that fun to play, to be honest. So, there is nothing really there for me at the moment. Until the price goes down and I see some interesting games (possibly not until FFXIII), then I will stick happily with my launch issue PS2 (He's an old boy by now, he is!).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
PlayStation 3
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 01:57:26 am »
I dont think ill get a PS3.
But I do need a playstation.
My old PS2 died... for er... reasons. Anway... Im DDR-less without it... T.T

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
PlayStation 3
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 06:27:38 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"
I dont think ill get a PS3.
But I do need a playstation.
My old PS2 died... for er... reasons. Anway... Im DDR-less without it... T.T

Well, they always have used ps2 console for a little over $100 at places like Babbages and Gamstop.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
PlayStation 3
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 09:40:47 am »
has anyone else noticed how absolutely CREEPY the PS3 commercials are? Like the crying baby....They made me want to run in fear!

If I miraculously find myself with several hundred dollars, then a PS3 would probably be on the agenda X3
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
PlayStation 3
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 04:01:27 pm »
Yeah, I think those commercials are supposed to present the PS3 as so superior that it is eerie, kind of like aliens. Like the PS3 is seen destroying all those other toys, objects, because it is that much better.

Well, I think we can all agree that the PS3 is better than eggs.....can't we?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
PlayStation 3
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 04:15:51 pm »
Yes. They are better than eggs that smash themselves against the wall revealing creepy crows. AND they are definitely better than creepy babies.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
PlayStation 3
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 07:43:20 pm »
Hey, I figure anything has to be better than those really weird ads for the PSP.

Example but not an exact quote:
"It's like a mailbox you can chew!"
"Um... okay then."

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
PlayStation 3
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 07:52:40 pm »
The folks at the playstation company seem a bit addled. It's what makes their games so good ;D

Must be all the drugs.

And pocky >_<

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
PlayStation 3
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 08:20:34 pm »
then i do admit i have an alterer mothhive to cheer kendo boyfriend to get a ps3
cuz when he gets a ps3 i get his ps2 and i want it
note as of now he has a GRAND MASTER PLAN (enter scary laughter)
mwa hahah
that will probably fail
but he has one
a what ?
  GRAND MASTER PLAN
will let know if  works....

Offline black marth 07

• Chibi
PlayStation 3
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 02:31:43 pm »
Man screw the psp, xbox 360 and ps3 you can probly buy a Gamecube a Wii, and a GBA and still have it less then the ps3, so I'm buying th Wii.

Offline Pixie Stix

• Cabbit
PlayStation 3
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 04:50:45 pm »
I'll probably have to wait 1 or 2 years for a PS3. Aren't those things like $700? T~T And I LOVE Playstations. So I'm going to be a little sad. Right now I'm trying to save up for Sakuracon and other stuff. D: this is going to be a long wait.
Kumo 08: Warp/Kaiba from Kaiba

Offline wolfwood64

• Oni
PlayStation 3
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 04:43:29 pm »
The majority of (normal) gamers won't be getting the PS3 it looks like, but the auctions up on Ebay right are NUTS. I just saw one end at $2.8k. There are some desperate people out there.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
PlayStation 3
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 05:04:24 pm »
I have a PS1.

>.>

<.<

What?  The only game I play is the first Ghost in the Shell game, and that's a PS1 game.  I'll probably end up buying myself a PS2 this summer, and the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex game.  But, to be honest, this mass hysteria over a gaming system confuses and amazes me.

IT'S A GAMING SYSTEM PEOPLE!!!  Yeesh, calm down.  Most of the games available for PS3 are PS2 games.  So you can all just chill out and wait, no need to go mug or shoot a person, the games will still be there in the morning.

Just take a deep breath, and pick up a book.  The book will be far more interesting to you in the end, I'm sure.

This is aimed at the people I see on the news reports fighting over the system, not anyone on the boards.  ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
PlayStation 3
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 06:09:32 pm »
No kidding. Didja guys hear about those people being mugged while they were waiting to buy a PS3 outside a best buy or something in springfield??? IT'S MADNESS I SAY!!! MAAAADNESS!!

I mean...they were WAITING-IN-LINE it's not like they had one yet or anything.
Although I guess that would be the place to mug someone cause they'll definitely have their wallets with them and possibly alot of cash.

But still.

it's craziness.

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
PlayStation 3
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 10:23:00 pm »
I heard someone got shot when they finally got theres....

CRAZY
but yeah HAPPY PS3 DAY EVERYONE
-Mikae

Offline Adell

• Sailor Scout
PlayStation 3
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 03:45:34 am »
Quote from: "princessfrodo"
I have a PS1.

>.>

<.<

What?  The only game I play is the first Ghost in the Shell game, and that's a PS1 game.  I'll probably end up buying myself a PS2 this summer, and the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex game.  But, to be honest, this mass hysteria over a gaming system confuses and amazes me.

IT'S A GAMING SYSTEM PEOPLE!!!  Yeesh, calm down.  Most of the games available for PS3 are PS2 games.  So you can all just chill out and wait, no need to go mug or shoot a person, the games will still be there in the morning.

Just take a deep breath, and pick up a book.  The book will be far more interesting to you in the end, I'm sure.

This is aimed at the people I see on the news reports fighting over the system, not anyone on the boards.  ^.^

Well, I was going to go and bulldoze a line of people so I would be first to get a PS3. Ya know, flatten them out, take their monnies, then get my system and accessories. Because that bit of technology is the utmost importance. I mean, bah gawd, who cares that it will be out of date in 6 months when a more powerful gaming PC is released? =O

And the PS2 GitS game is pretty cool. Crappy multiplayer mode, bland music, but still a good game. Supports true widescreen too, just like the PS1 GitS game. ^_^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
PlayStation 3
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 10:30:02 am »
allas his gand master plan diddnt work he, the freddys he went to raffled them off
he was there first tho