Author Topic: Carpooling to staff holiday party  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Carpooling to staff holiday party
« on: December 04, 2006, 01:43:53 am »
I am considering going to the staff holiday party this Friday the 8th. However, my funds are waning for the holiday season, so paying for gas to drive alone does not seem the best use of my money. I would be happy to drive people there and back, though.

Does anybody from the Eugene/Springfield area need a ride to and from the holiday party? I want to get 2-3 passengers to come with me and split gas costs. I am open to negotiations about exactly when we leave and return. :)

I might be able to stop in Salem, but I'd like to discuss first if anyone makes that request.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 09:15:31 am »
Um, I thought that the staff party was on the 17th.  The one on the 8th is the Clark Anime & Japanese Club's party, which is up in Vancouver.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:40:07 pm »
Yep. The Kumoricon staff holiday party is the 17th, as announced at the meeting. We put others' events on our calendar also.

Our holiday party will appear on the calendar later today; the only reason it hadn't already is because the details were being finalized and so we could be sure of our location.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 05:56:18 pm »
If I ever hear back about my position being made staff or a volunteer team leader I’d go just to register as staff.  I’m more interested in the business and planning side than the party.   If I went I’d more then likely just sit in the corning downing gallons of Pepsi telling wild Grandpa Simpsonesq stories about how in my day we did play with our Wii in public.  All we had was Atari and we had to walk 20 miles in the snow to get a game cartredge.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 09:15:26 pm »
I haven't been made staff yet because I haven't been able to make it to meetings latly..will I be able to go to the staff party and get staff status or or am I sol?
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 09:28:05 pm »
Quote from: "Dealrith"
I haven't been made staff yet because I haven't been able to make it to meetings latly..will I be able to go to the staff party and get staff status or or am I sol?

The official word I got is that if you have all ready spoken to the staff department head you would be working under and they approve you on staff you can come to the party and turn in your paperwork..

… and pay them the 10 Quatloos
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 02:40:28 am »
I have talked to the guy about being the yojimbo but I haven't turned in any paper work or anything.....I'm not very big on the sending private information over the internet when I'm on my computer because my brother also uses my computer.....if I can turn in my paper work there then I'll fill it out and have it with the cash
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 02:47:18 am »
Quote from: "Dealrith"
I have talked to the guy about being the yojimbo but I haven't turned in any paper work or anything.....I'm not very big on the sending private information over the internet when I'm on my computer because my brother also uses my computer.....if I can turn in my paper work there then I'll fill it out and have it with the cash

yes I was already told that if you have all ready talked to the staff person in charge of your department you can go the the staff party but you have to bring your paper work or fill in the form then and turn it in and then you get to learn the secret staff handshake.

...and pay the 10 Wupiupi
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline guenthar

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 11:30:27 am »
Oh damn they didn't show me the secret handshake so I guess I'll just not go to the party.  I will just abandon my staff position at kumoricon and turn to the dark side and join the staff for Sakuracon....Muwahahahaha...why don't you join the dark side with me...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 11:47:51 am »
yeah i walk that fine ling of volenteering and has yet given in to the temtation of staff
hawkeye last year "you could yojimbo the event you want to see it'd be fun"
me "hmmmm but i get so busy.."
kendo boyfriend "come back from the darkside super!!"
tho i think i want one more year then giveing into staff (staff we <3 you :) )
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 02:41:43 am »
so is anyone driving 99 west from the coast who is willing to pick up a couple of lowly hitch-hikers who are willing to pay for part of gas?
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 03:15:23 am »
Urgh. It's the 17th? Why isn't this on the website, somewhere visible? I didn't make it to the last meeting, so I am still very much on staff, but I was not aware of the date at all.

Just because I get information from the front page of the site doesn't mean I'm not staff. The front page talks about the staff party, but the only party it mentions at all is the one happening this weekend. I figured it was a reasonable assumption that this was the one to which they were referring.

I'm noticing that I haven't received a staff mailing list digest since 11/6/06. Perhaps after the elections the mailing list subscription list was reset... or if not, then that means no announcement was made on the list, as far as I can tell. It would have been nice if someone had...

Apollo Justice

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 10:35:42 pm »
Quote from: "Radien"
The front page talks about the staff party, but the only party it mentions at all is the one happening this weekend.

That's okay.  The details on the party hadn't been completely finished; this is why it took a while for it to be on the calendar itself.

As for the one taking place this Friday, everyone is welcome to attend.  Remember, we'll be having some chicken!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 04:04:36 am »
Oops... it looks like I missed this response.

Quote from: "JeffT"
Yep. The Kumoricon staff holiday party is the 17th, as announced at the meeting. We put others' events on our calendar also.

Our holiday party will appear on the calendar later today; the only reason it hadn't already is because the details were being finalized and so we could be sure of our location.

Sorry, JeffT.  Your lack of an avatar led me to miss your post. ^^; In person I am a bit more attentive than that (or at least I'd like to think).

Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"
As for the one taking place this Friday, everyone is welcome to attend.  Remember, we'll be having some chicken!

I'd be very happy to come if it weren't incredibly out of my way. I'm afraid I can't justify the gas expenditures for both parties in one month. Have a happy holiday, though. :) Down an extra eggnog with Pocky for me. ;)

P.S.

Washougal, did someone draw that image in your signature just for you? Of you turning into a catgirl?  Heh, cute. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 08:55:42 pm »
Thanks, Radien.  What I did was scanned a panel from a manga (Ninin ga Shinobuden) & used my computer's paint program to change the words in the bubbles.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 10:59:19 pm »
Sorry, JeffT.  Your lack of an avatar led me to miss your post. ^^; In person I am a bit more attentive than that (or at least I'd like to think).

I'm going to add an avatar as soon as I get a spare moment to create it (take the screen shots from the anime...it will probably be animated). I actually thought of it a year ago. I'm still going to use the same one. Radien, I believe you and Ellen were in the car after the November 2005 meeting when I said what it was going to be...big bonus points if you can correctly remember. :)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 03:08:43 am »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"
Thanks, Radien.  What I did was scanned a panel from a manga (Ninin ga Shinobuden) & used my computer's paint program to change the words in the bubbles.

Psshh, I see. ;) Was this in response to the "Catgirl" forum title? (as I see that's what yours says)

I'm going to add an avatar as soon as I get a spare moment to create it (take the screen shots from the anime...it will probably be animated). I actually thought of it a year ago. I'm still going to use the same one. Radien, I believe you and Ellen were in the car after the November 2005 meeting when I said what it was going to be...big bonus points if you can correctly remember. :)

November 2005?.... Well dang, I'm definitely not THAT attentive. o_o; Or at least my memory doesn't go back that far. Hmm... what anime was it that Jeff liked...?

The only thing that pops into my mind is Hellsing, for some reason, but that doesn't seem correct. I think someone else mentioned that one.

....By the way, I'm still going to be looking for carpool passengers to the ACTUAL staff Christmas party. ^_^;  Wonder if I should create a new topic since this one got unavoidably derailed...

Apollo Justice

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 03:11:43 am »
November 2005?.... Well dang, I'm definitely not THAT attentive. o_o; Or at least my memory doesn't go back that far. Hmm... what anime was it that Jeff liked...?

The only thing that pops into my mind is Hellsing, for some reason, but that doesn't seem correct. I thin ksomeone else mentioned that one.

Hehe, it's ok, I guess it would be pretty tough to remember after a year. :) (Your answer was incorrect.) I'll see if I can post my avatar soon, then you'll know the answer. Hmm...I should let people try to identify the anime by the avatar (although it wouldn't be too hard).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 07:05:35 pm »
Hehe, it's ok, I guess it would be pretty tough to remember after a year. :) (Your answer was incorrect.) I'll see if I can post my avatar soon, then you'll know the answer. Hmm...I should let people try to identify the anime by the avatar (although it wouldn't be too hard).

Yeah, I'm not surprised that wasn't it. I think that's one of Ellen's favorites, instead.

Well, I'll enjoy seeing it when you get it.

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 04:13:48 pm »

Yeah, I'm not surprised that wasn't it. I think that's one of Ellen's favorites, instead.

Well, I'll enjoy seeing it when you get it.

I think Hellsing came up in reference to Integra having been my first foray into cosplay :) Our minds were addled from excess conveyor belt sushi.......I must admit drawing a blank about your avvy but eagerly anticipate its unveiling!

Meantime, I had planned to attend this party, but unfortunately, a change in schedule last week led it to be the case that the date coincides with something important but not convention-related in max's life, so i don't know if i'm going to be able to leave town or not.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).