Author Topic: CCG's and whats popular  (Read 4295 times)

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
CCG's and whats popular
« on: October 30, 2006, 01:31:56 pm »
I'm pretty new to the whole collecter card games but they look really fun.  I'm just wondering which ones are fun, have alot of people playing it and doesn't have a sharp learning curve.  So I guess I should ask what do you play and why?

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
CCG's and whats popular
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 02:17:12 pm »
I play YuGiOh.  It doesn't have a very sharp learning curve unless you want to get really comptetive.  Playing the basic game and understanding what happens is pretty standard.  You just have to read what the card does and that is it.

I really enjoy it because it is fun and lends itself to very exciting gameplay that can often be dramatic.  It also is cool because the show is fun to watch.
The trick is not minding.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
CCG's and whats popular
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 02:27:17 pm »
the only one I have played is Pirates because it's pirates and my gaming group got stuck on playing a lot of wizkids stuff and in my first touney I won the Countess Daroona mini bust and any game that includes pirate chick bust rocks
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
CCG's and whats popular
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 04:07:53 pm »
Yeah I've seen Pirates.  Mostly just from Demo material but I thought it was a really great idea.   So does each booster pack come with things to put together (ie. little ships, etc.)?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
CCG's and whats popular
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 04:49:46 pm »
each pack has at least one ship, some crew, an officer and terran and some packs have forts
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
CCG's and whats popular
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 04:06:03 am »
Magic The Gathering: It create the freakin' genre back in '93 and has been around since. It's a good game but alotta stuff has happened in the last few years, you may never fully catch up unless you jump into the deep end.

World of Warcraft: The TCG is flippin' amazing! It came out around a month ago so it's still very early... Not to mention that it's fun to play... No matter how many ulcers I get.

Naruto: It was good, but I never really got into it... A couple friends and I played and that was pretty much it. It was interesting nevertheless.

Dragonball Z/GT: My favorite card game to date... The original run of the Dragonball Z CCG to the Dragonball GT TCG was amazing and really got me into card games. I have yet to find a game that was a great as it was and I really doubt I will. Unfortunately, the final event was held at GenCon SoCal... So the game's officially dead.

There's tons of games out there... Just gotta look for 'em.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
CCG's and whats popular
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 07:25:27 pm »
Magic the Gathering is one I will promote endlessly. As far as card games go thats the best in my opinion.

I have to admit old school Pokemon card are my guilty pleasure though. Remember back in the days where to "catch 'em all" you only needed 151 of the silly little buggers and 30 ponts of damage was pretty effective. (Old schoolers, do NOT go up against the new school. the stats on those are rediculas. 30 hit points is like unheard of and scrawny to those guys. D=)