Author Topic: Fanfiction (Mad Libs) Suggestion  (Read 2216 times)

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
Fanfiction (Mad Libs) Suggestion
« on: October 24, 2006, 10:52:40 pm »
I was at the Maid Libs panel for the fan creation room this year and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I wrote one of the three or four drabbles that were hastily written and then filled in much to the amusement of everyone. I think that this was an interesting and fun idea, but I do have a few suggestions to make it better and run much more smoothly next year!

- Have drabbles already written and copied so that it's easy to fill them out during the panel and there isn't any waiting.

- Have drabbles to fill in available during the con, just for fun.

- Possible contest -> best mad lib form.

- Possible contest -> best filled-in mad lib (funniest or something *shrugs*).

- Better advertise the fact that you should bring drabbles to fill in to con.

Mainly I think people (including me) expected that you would have the mad lib books and then you filled them in with anime/ manga related things, however the drabble idea is much better.

I would be willing to write drabbles for various fandoms to be filled in at the con. And I'm sure I know some other fan-fic authors that would be willing to write some as well.

my e-mail: khummer@teleport.com

I am also on the kumoricon_fanfiction yahoo group. (same SN)

Thanks,
--Kate
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 11:28:29 pm »
ooohh! What a grand idea =D !
I always play mad libs with my friends and that always makes for a good ol' time xD
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 11:32:39 am »
Thanks! Awesome! And I basically agree! But, as I mentioned in the yahoo group, I'd still want to have the hybrid model....wherein folks absolutely were also inspired to/challenged to compose their own drabbles on the spot just to fill in the funny words.....hilarity ensued

Ya know, you'd be welcome to host next year's? Are you also coming to Sakuracon?>

I plan on trying to rope Ketsuban into this, as well........
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).