Author Topic: Anim-ania Night at Suncoast  (Read 14705 times)

Offline Renkruia

• Cabbit
Anim-ania Night at Suncoast
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:05:32 pm »
This was taken off from the Sakura-Con forums and I don't remember seeing it here (though if someone already posted it, feel free to remove it).

When: Sunday, October 29th
Time: All day (most malls are 11am-7pm, I believe)
Where: Participating Suncoast stores (may include other stores owned by the company)
What: "Anim-ania Night" sponsored by Viz Media

Join us for a day of exclusive sale pricing on everything "Anime," a cosplay contest, great give-aways and exclusive DVD's!
OCTOBER 29th
Event goes all day!
Sponsored by Viz Media and the anticipated November DVD release "Bleach."

It looks like several places in Washington/Oregon (Lloyd Center is participating I believe), but I'm not sure about exact locations.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:34:23 am »
anyone know if this is happening in eugene or roseburg? anyone planning to attend?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 01:54:02 pm »
oo i am really tempted to go to the one in loyde center kendo boyfriend and i have our bleach cosplays tho i have a really good butterfly costume
he was the best urahara at the con
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 05:13:02 pm »
Man, I kept reminding myself to post a thread about this topic but I kept forgetting to do so.

Anyway...
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
anyone know if this is happening in eugene or roseburg? anyone planning to attend?

Yeah, the Suncoast in VRC (Eugene) is doing it.  I received a flier from them when I bought a DVD there recently.
I don't know about Roseburg but I would assume so.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 06:03:06 pm »
I saw one of those fliers at the Suncoast at the Vancouver Mall. Sounds neat but I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 03:52:13 pm »
I think i might be able to make this....;D

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 06:33:55 pm »
For those of you who didn't make it, the sale was basically buy one anime, get the second one of equal or lesser value 50% off excluding sale items.

Also, I think I heard that if you reserve an anime sometime before the end of November you get a free Bleach poster.  (Not sure if this is 100% true as I mostly overheard this)

Offline Paru

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
reporting of LLoyd center suncoast
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 06:50:22 pm »
I went don't know aobut the bleach poster but there was a sign saying if you preorder bleach vol 1 on dvd(comes out 11\27 i think) you can get 5% VIZ titles.
As for the cosplay basicaly there wasn't one. Between 3pm and 4:30pm and 5:30 to closing(6pm) I was the only one wo dressed up. I used my Old "No face" costume(black "bahaw" like coat, with a white pillow and some markers to make it look like it). i got this limited edition card good for $25 off some anime. it had a picture of Ed, Al & Roy from FMA. some sample shonen jump and like $3 off any dvd video at suncoast more then $17 retail price.

*edited to change adv\viz i was tired I did however mention to the woman who was doing this contest thing about kumoricon. turned out she said she never saw any one dressed as no face before. kumorcion 2005 i saw a no face, perhaps she will make it to kumoricon this year. or maybe suncoast\fye\sam goody\etc could donate something.
2009 Table Top staff
2010 Table Top staff
2011 RPG Staff
2012 Table Top Staff
2013 Table Top - MIA
2014 to 2017 Table Top Staff
The Munchkin guy

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 10:27:43 pm »
O man!  I wish I had seen this post sooner!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 08:14:56 pm »
me tooo <_>'

I'll just have to have a cosplay contest of my own!!!....by myself.....in my room -_-;.....when everyone's gone o_o;;;;
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 02:24:28 pm »
I went to visit my family down in California and wanted to go to SunCoast so I went to the mall..... It was gone!!!!! I checked the phonebook and tried to call the others and got no answer..... Has SunCoast perished?! I ended up going to Fry's Electronics..... I love that place!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 10:11:27 pm »
Whoever it is who owns Suncoast (and Sam Goody and some other store) filed for bankruptcy so they had to cut a lot of stores.  So far I've noticed the Sam Goodys in VRC and Pioneer Place are gone and Suncoast has left Washington Square.  (All in Oregon by the way)

The Suncoast is VRC is still there though.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »
me no like suncoast they sold me a membership last year and never activated it,
the only thing they could do is give me a free years on ther new program
the old membership was for 2 years and i get a year....
grrr

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 07:42:29 pm »
Personally I'm not too thrilled with Suncoast's new membership plan.

For those who don't know their plan is you pay $25 dollars to get 10% off everything in the store for a year which means you have to spend $250 in a year just to break even.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 10:29:11 am »
I could do that.  I wont for a while, though; money & I aren't really getting along too well.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 12:34:54 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Personally I'm not too thrilled with Suncoast's new membership plan.

For those who don't know their plan is you pay $25 dollars to get 10% off everything in the store for a year which means you have to spend $250 in a year just to break even.

Considering they're prices, that shouldn't be too hard.

Still, that's a hell of a chunk of money to spend when you could easily get what you're looking for at a much more decent price online.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 11:47:44 am »
So I was at Suncoast this morning..and apparently they are doing another one of these on the 28th (January).

The one at Clackamas Town Center is having their cosplay contest at 3PM (looks like they are more organized for this one). Not sure if I wanna go or not.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 09:22:43 am »
is it gonna be for bleach again?, i'd be intersted in going if thered be some con peeps there

Offline Renkruia

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 01:21:21 am »
Westfield Mall (aka Vancouver Mall) is also doing this and they plan on having a trivia contest (focused around Shonen Jump) and a cosplay contest. I can get more details when I drop in to work tomorrow.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 04:56:48 am »
Ahh Renkruia I didn't know there was another one of us in Vancouver!  Welcome!  I was at Suncoast yesterday and all I really found out was that they are having a cosplay contest and alot of sales, but I have passed the word onto Street Team since the Westfield Suncoast said we could probably post a kumoricon poster or take ones on that day, so hopefully we can be there!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 10:08:33 am »
From what I was told, there will be a trivia based on some series involving Shonen Jump.  It will most likely not be Bleach, since that was the one used last time, but since there were so few people who made it to the last one, it's possible that Bleach will be used again.  Cosplay will be a yes, & I do believe that all Viz Video products will be on sale.

Offline Renkruia

• Cabbit
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 11:35:43 am »
Quote from: "leashy"
Ahh Renkruia I didn't know there was another one of us in Vancouver!  Welcome!  I was at Suncoast yesterday and all I really found out was that they are having a cosplay contest and alot of sales, but I have passed the word onto Street Team since the Westfield Suncoast said we could probably post a kumoricon poster or take ones on that day, so hopefully we can be there!

I've been hiding. :D

Very cool. I'm working that day (I work over at Tilt), but I'll be dropping in after my shift is over (in cosplay) to check out the sales and some general mingling. ^^

From what I heard from one of the employees, the sales will be "buy one, get one half off" for all publishers as well as the "buy one, get one free" for all Geneon (which is currently going on right now). But I'm going back to the mall today, so I can check up on stuff.

Offline Renkruia

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 10:21:46 pm »
Have some more information about the event at the Westfield/Vancouver Suncoast!

Cosplay contest: The contest will begin at 2 and one of the staff members will bring a digital camera to take pictures and have them posted in the store the following day or so. There are prizes for first, second, and third.

Trivia contest: As I've mentioned before, Shonen Jump. Forgot to ask about the time, but there will also be prizes.

Illustration contest: They'll be hosting an illustration contest for 12 and under and 12 and above (I believe). I'm not sure if it means drawing on the spot or bringing in a finished picture, but have something ready to bring in to judge and be ready to draw? Again, prizes for the first three places.

They'll be playing anime all day as well as giving out free Japanese candy and probably some other goodies.

Sales: Geneon will be at buy one, get one free. All others will be buy one, get one half off. ALSO, buy a Fullmetal Alchemist DVD and get a free figurine (either Ed or Al).

But that's all the info I have. Hope to see some people there. ^^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 11:08:55 am »
chris and i are going to the one at loyde center hes gonna go as urahara and i threw together a kuro neko cosplay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 02:32:45 pm »
we went and there were some costumes and some peeps dressed as fan girls, and chris won first place, i guess 2 otheres who won places wern't there any more and they said every one else there was in a 20 way tie for the next place
i was all yay  he won, the people working there said decidiing factor was how well chris's urahara was made and as i made it i was doing happy dance booya!
a 25$ limited ed fma gift card
with the suff on sale we ended up getting 7 anime dvds for 65 bucks yay
oh i also got a fma Ed figuren  and a 5 off a viz dvd for particapating

Offline Renkruia

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 08:39:08 pm »
Yes, it's that time again!

Westfield Shopping Center (aka Vancouver Mall), Suncoast will be holding yet another event on April 1st, the sponsor being Funimation.

I'll have to check again on what the big sales are, but there'll be another cosplay contest, trivia contest, and illustration contest.

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 09:15:53 am »
I don't think Suncoast lets us pass stuff out at their event, but if there is a Street Team member going, could they take some fliers along just in case (even if the Suncoast staff just wants them for their break room). I'll send an email to this effect to those I know are in Vancouver too.

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 07:37:48 pm »
Quote from: "Renkruia"
Westfield Shopping Center (aka Vancouver Mall), Suncoast will be holding yet another event on April 1st, the sponsor being Funimation.

Man, that sucks!  I just paid for my college tuition!  I'm not gonna get paid again until the day after Sakura-con!

Will I ever be able to do this? :cry: