Author Topic: Halloween 2006 Coloring page!  (Read 6481 times)

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
Halloween 2006 Coloring page!
« on: October 20, 2006, 10:01:28 pm »
Hey, guys!  Hehehehe, long time no post, eh?  Well, after Kumoricon I got really really busy with my work and work at Borders so I neglected to even post here.  So here's a little something for those of you who just don't have anything to do for Halloween this year.  If that is the case just print this out and color to your hearts desire!  I hope you enjoy it and let me see your work if you'd like.  I wanna see what you all did with this!

Enjoy:

Here is my colored version:
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 02:03:15 pm »
very cute kerry....for those who don't know, kerry was the originator of and a judge of the coloring page contest at this kumoricon! as well as a very talented artiste :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 02:22:04 pm »
awwww that's cute!!
but what's the grey thing off the the left side of the pumpkin? i can't color it if i don't know what it is!! XP

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 02:53:41 pm »
I think that's the Pumpkin's arm. :wink:
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 05:33:46 pm »
Yes, the grey-thing is the pumpkins arm.  Not enough space to make it that obvious.  Gomen.  *bows*

And thanks, Rem.  Yes I did originate the coloring contest and it turned out really well.  Thanks everyone!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 10:33:03 am »
i believe that it actually had the most submissions of any of our contests, though the majority of them were filling in others' coloring pages, rather than creating new coloring pages.
there were plusses and minuses to having that be our inaugural art contest this kc....on the plus side, folks who thought of themselves as not really artists, not knowing how to draw, but wanting to have fun and to learn how to use the copics, came out in droves. of course the  logical flipside to that was many of the markers were drained before the other contests even began............so what do you think, should it be later in the weekend? or maybe i need to work more closely w/copic and try to have permission to refill onsite? *would need a squad of marker refill artists as well as corporate permission*
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 11:15:18 am »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
i believe that it actually had the most submissions of any of our contests, though the majority of them were filling in others' coloring pages, rather than creating new coloring pages.

Yes, I can see that as an issue but I do think it was nice that others got the chance to work with copics.  It's a good idea to have those pages up for use for the public and that worked well.  A friend of mine who doesn't classify herself as an artist but wanted to try Copics really liked the coloring pages.  

It would be nice to possibly have a submittion in the forum for some coloring pages from artists.  I will certainly be more prepared this time and bring in a few but that would help out with the contest if we do it.

there were plusses and minuses to having that be our inaugural art contest this kc....on the plus side, folks who thought of themselves as not really artists, not knowing how to draw, but wanting to have fun and to learn how to use the copics, came out in droves. of course the  logical flipside to that was many of the markers were drained before the other contests even began............so what do you think, should it be later in the weekend? or maybe i need to work more closely w/copic and try to have permission to refill onsite? *would need a squad of marker refill artists as well as corporate permission*

They wouldn't allow us to refill onsite?  Weird!  But if that was an issue it would be cool if we could ask for a volunteer from the copic company to be onsite for us to have refills available.

Oh!  Quick question, Rem: Can I be on the fanfiction committie this year?  I really enjoyed myself last year and I would like to help things flow like a slide-show or something.  I have that program on my comp and I'd like to help out if that's alright.  Could we also do a madlib for fanfiction story-telling?  I did this with my friend online about a month ago with D.Gray-Man and we had a blast!  We both thought it would be a cool idea and totally fun.  We could just take suggestions from the audience by pointing at hands who want to voice an oppinion.  We could split it up or have it on-screen like: FMA, Inu Yasha, Trigun *fav*, Bleach *another fav*, Nana, etc.  And go on from there.  It could be so simple, too!  Could we?  Lets chat when you have the time.

And sorry I haven't had the time to really reply on the fanfiction group for Yahoo groups.  I've been kinda busy working on my comic.  Hope your holiday season goes well!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 05:06:07 pm »
Quote from: "bastett08"
Quote from: "RemSaverem"

Yes, I can see that as an issue but I do think it was nice that others got the chance to work with copics.  It's a good idea to have those pages up for use for the public and that worked well.  A friend of mine who doesn't classify herself as an artist but wanted to try Copics really liked the coloring pages.  

I agree. Cool!

It would be nice to possibly have a submittion in the forum for some coloring pages from artists.  I will certainly be more prepared this time and bring in a few but that would help out with the contest if we do it.

This is definitely part of the plan. Which would be better: To have folks submit coloring pages to a thread (viewable by everyone) or to me privately (so they are a surprise at the con)? The first might drum up more excitement, but the second prevents folks from "cheating" or coloring them at home w/more time, more supplies, practicing, etc. Or perhaps a hybrid...maybe there could be some coloring pages folks are allowed to fill in at home and others to be done only onsite?

They wouldn't allow us to refill onsite?  Weird!  But if that was an issue it would be cool if we could ask for a volunteer from the copic company to be onsite for us to have refills available.
The absolutely wonderful folks from Copic are usually swamped with their own booths and workshops. They are exceptionally generous with us at 3 cons, and I was able to refill some loaner markers before the con, onsight, then they needed all their supplies and we both lacked time.

Oh!  Quick question, Rem: Can I be on the fanfiction committie this year?  I really enjoyed myself last year and I would like to help things flow like a slide-show or something.  I have that program on my comp and I'd like to help out if that's alright.  Could we also do a madlib for fanfiction story-telling?  I did this with my friend online about a month ago with D.Gray-Man and we had a blast!  We both thought it would be a cool idea and totally fun.  We could just take suggestions from the audience by pointing at hands who want to voice an oppinion.  We could split it up or have it on-screen like: FMA, Inu Yasha, Trigun *fav*, Bleach *another fav*, Nana, etc.  And go on from there.  It could be so simple, too!  Could we?  Lets chat when you have the time.

You are more than welcome. Write me privately to discuss whether you want to be volunteer, staff, art judge, panelist, some combo thereof...I'm flexible. Your idea for a twist on madlibs sounds great! Feel free to help run it....I think a few others are working on this too.

And sorry I haven't had the time to really reply on the fanfiction group for Yahoo groups.  I've been kinda busy working on my comic.  Hope your holiday season goes well!

Submit your comic for the SC contest! And write the group when you can!

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 07:24:08 pm »

This is definitely part of the plan. Which would be better: To have folks submit coloring pages to a thread (viewable by everyone) or to me privately (so they are a surprise at the con)? The first might drum up more excitement, but the second prevents folks from "cheating" or coloring them at home w/more time, more supplies, practicing, etc. Or perhaps a hybrid...maybe there could be some coloring pages folks are allowed to fill in at home and others to be done only onsite?

This contest always reminded me of the other contests like the chibi contest, the yuri/yaoi contests, etc.  So I really think this could be for those who want to bring in a coloring book page they colored.  

Just to make things clear and fair to others we could do either mail-insubmittions (I don't mind keeping them at my home and then shipping them.  I'd like to help out with the contest this year as much as possible.  I'm moving around alot but this was alot of fun for me to do this year.  I won't have a friend too much this year to have tag along with me that much.  She might even be in the artist alley so that kinda helps) but we should try to make it easier to those who want to enter the contests but might not have the time at the con to finish their work.  I chatted with a few girls and over-heard a few who really wanted to enter but didn't want to miss the other great panels so that was understood.

I'll email you about this unless you want to talk more about this later.  I know it's hard during the Holiday season.

You are more than welcome. Write me privately to discuss whether you want to be volunteer, staff, art judge, panelist, some combo thereof...I'm flexible. Your idea for a twist on madlibs sounds great! Feel free to help run it....I think a few others are working on this too.

Leet!  I'd love to be a part of it if that's alright.  I could even work on some pre-made images for the madlibs if possible but if you wanna give me a link or some type of contact for these people who are working on this madlib when the time is right let me know.  I would love to be a part of it.  Thanks for the info!

As for the volunteering: I would like to still do some judging and help out with the coloring book contest, the fanfiction in any way and the madlibs.  I don't know exactly what I'll be able to do right now but I'm working on some stuff for my own table at the moment.  I hope I can do more but i'll let you know what happens.  It's still early to say but it's good to be prepared.

Submit your comic for the SC contest! And write the group when you can!

I will!  I hope to get something done by then.  I don't think I'd win anything; I don't have that "manga style."  It's my combination of Western/Eastern with the Eastern style.  But I'll try to post in the fanfiction group sometime.  I miss you guys from K-con!