Author Topic: Catgirl Avengers  (Read 6543 times)

Offline anime_corax

• Cabbit
Catgirl Avengers
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:13:38 pm »
In one of my wild, no reason to be looking, searches online I have come across an interesting website. <http://www.bewildered-art.com/catgirls/rpg/cga_intro.html> It's called Catgirl Avengers. It looks like it has everything that's needed to play an RPG. I was wondering if anyone was interested in running/playing it next year?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 11:32:25 pm »
I fully encourage any game that might trick more chi…err  I mean inspire more girls to play RPG.  Because nothing is more fascinating than a lady who shows her intelligence and imagination.  And if the girls play it can encourage their aunts who were closet wannabee D&D players in HS in the 80’s.

I have two scenarios I might want to run at the next con that are centered on female player characters (All my book and movie outlines are chick action).  A steam Punk adventure with a Victorian “Charlie’s Angles” type team and a Mecha game in a world ware a plague has put all the men into a coma
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline anime_corax

• Cabbit
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 07:28:26 pm »
I feel the same way. There aren't enough women who roleplay. It's a simple and enjoyable past time that I myself often indulge in. I can also assure any of the women reading this that it is not true that all men who roleplay are fat and unattractive. There are many men who keep physicly fit and still roleplay. If you curious, but don't want to play, you can always come and watch. We won't mind one bit. ;)

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 09:20:13 pm »
yeah what he said were not all fat.  I may look fat but it's just my liver is enlarged from a job related liver diease.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 11:53:56 pm »
Not enough women roleplay because they're afraid of guys dirtying their clothes by drooling over the fact there's women present. :P

Why do you think I stopped playing M:tG for five years, and don't go to the local chess club anymore?  The laundry expenses were becoming horrendous! ^.^;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 12:25:32 am »
lol hhhmm never did an rpg at a con before... maybe I will come and watch next time, just to see how things go. Heheh and princessfrodo has a point xD
I remember quitting my pokemon league when I was younger because I was the only girl on the league and it became pretty uncomfortable. But I'm not saying all guys are like that, so I might stop by and observe~* Who knows? It might be fun!
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 04:03:33 pm »
well, personall i never have becuase i never know when/where it's going on....so.........yea.

Offline anime_corax

• Cabbit
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 01:49:25 am »
So at this point I'm curious as to what it would take to get more women into roleplaying? Any of you women out there wish to comment on this? We'll see what we can do to make it more appealing for you at the next con.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 11:10:40 pm »
I thought of a way that might get more females into role playing...

a yaoi-themed game.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 02:23:46 am »
I have 3 ideas for games to run for girl players.  If there were enough players interested I’d let them look over the info and roll PC in the months before the con other wise it would be prerolld.

Mad Mech: (D20 BESM) A mecha game set after ww3 and a plague has put every one with an XY chromosome into a coma except the evil Barron Bish and the groups mascot boy.  The Baron Kidnaps the boy so a strike team of girl Mecha Pilots has to raid his hide out and capture the Barron and save the kid.

Wendy: (D20 Pulp) The Evil Peter pan (can we get more Yaoi) has retuned and kidnapped Wendy’s daughter Jane and taken her to his island.  So Wendy needs to recruit a crew of all female mercs to help her hijack a Zeppelin and take the fight to Neverland.

The Queen’s Rogues: (Victoriana) Some one is kidnapping the daughters of the European heads of state so the queen secretly recruits a team of adventurers who are related to famous men from Victorian novels.  Allison Quartermane, Phyllis Fogg, Lady Joan Falstaff, Shecroft Holmes, Solita Kane.  They go after the Evil Dr Brutus (Who is a Victorian version of the collector from Simpson’s tree house of horror except he is not sealing his victims in giant Mylar bags and taping them to the wall he is using giant glass canning jars)

Hero Heart:  (OG D&D) Some mods to the original RPG with new classes and there is no death just subdual damage then they have to take a nap.  In some art I had some one work up every thing is sickening cute and pink.  Every one gets a fuzzy animal companion; the classes are Pretty Priestess, Friendly Fighter, Sweet Sorceress, and Silly Scamp.  I added a new character statistic Heart (hrt).  Every one starts with an 18/00 hrt score but do to many bad things and it goes down and your alignment flips and you become a.  Naughty Nun, Bad Bully, Wicked Witch, Bungling Burglar.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 01:53:52 pm »
Um, Vondan, that's four ideas, not three.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline anime_corax

• Cabbit
Catgirl Avengers
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 10:45:31 pm »
So, I was wondering if anyone was actually thinking about running a game off the website.