Author Topic: LANime OCTOBER! ANIME RAVE and Masquerade Ball!  (Read 28705 times)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
LANime OCTOBER! ANIME RAVE and Masquerade Ball!
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:30:02 pm »
Boo.

Hey kids, we are having another SWEET party this month for our LANime event!

What: LANime
Where: Chemeketa Community College Building 9 main floor
When:  October 28th, 2006  2-midnight  
**(Kumoricon meeting starts at NOON)**

*Please note that all attendees under 15 need a parent/guardian ON SITE during the event.

*15-17 will need a parent or guardian to sign permission or please bring signed parental permission with a contact phone #.

Come to the Kumoricon meeting and then stay for the fun.  I am going to break down the madness room by room:

109: J-Pop and Food room:
J-Pop Music Vids 2-7
and then TEXAS Hold 'em from 8-11

110: Manga, Art, and Non-Electronic gaming:
Manga browsing, table top gaming, card gaming, 2-11:30
and ART CONTEST from 2-6:30.

111: Live Action Room:
Kumoricon General Meeting and Elections noon - ?
and Japanese Horror from ? - 10  :twisted:

112 and 114: Console Gaming:
Open for console gaming from 2-11:30  (XBOX, PS2, GameCube)
SSBM Tourney time TBA
If you want to bring a console, please show up by 1 pm to talk to staff and get your action all hooked up.  thanks!

115: Anime Room:
Horror Anime 2-7 and 8-11
from 7-8 we will be showing the GAME SHOW footage and Kumoricon footage!

116: DDR and ANIME RAVE ROOM:
DDR and Karaoke Revolution from 2-5.
DDR TOURNEY 5-7 pm
and then we are proud to have from 8-midnight an ALL ANIME MUSIC RAVE in this room.  w00t!!!

117: LAN GAMING:
LAN gaming 2-11:30, bring your own computer
 America's Army Tourney time TBA

118:
LINUX stuff.  2-8

And naturally, given the season, there will be a COSTUME CONTEST!  Please come dressed up in your most excellent costume.  We will have prizes.  Any theme will work.

Lots of folks ask me 'How can I help out your group?'  I have one simple answer:

BRING FOOD TO SHARE WITH EVERYONE!!!   :)

If you can bring some drinks, chips, noodles, cookies, crock pot full o' nacho cheese, you name it, we love it.  

Lastly, here are some directions and a nice easy to read map:

Directions from Portland to Chemeketa Community College
Take I-5 South towards Salem.
Take exit number 260B for Chemeketa Community College.
Turn left onto Chemawa Road NE.
Turn right onto Portland Road NE.
Turn left onto Lancaster Drive NE.
Turn left onto Cooley Drive NE to enter the Chemeketa Community College campus.

Directions from Eugene to Chemeketa Community College
Take I-5 North towards Salem.
Take exit number 256 for Chemeketa Community College.
Turn right onto Market Street NE.
Turn left onto Lancaster Drive NE and continue for approximately 2 miles.
Turn right onto Cooley Drive NE to enter the Chemeketa Community College campus.

also you can click this link for directions too if you would like:

http://www.chemeketa.edu/exploring/locations/salem/direction.html
The trick is not minding.

Offline numair42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 10:57:25 pm »
I have never been to one of these before and I've got a few questions about the LAN room.

* Is there going to be having event sanctioned games to play, or is it up to the attendees?
* Is there going to be dedicated servers to run stuff on, or is it going to be up to the attendees to host games?
* Am I going to need to bring any cash to get in?
* What kind of equipment is going to be there and what do we need to bring other then our computers?
2016+ Programming Staff
2015 - Assistant Director of Infrastructure
2009 - 2014 - Programming Staff
2006 & 2007 - Yojimbo

Mic Ninja says "Chaaa~~"

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 01:28:52 am »
Ah man that sounds fun, sadly I have to work every saturday from 8:30 PM to 5:00 AM. That kind of kills my chances of going.

*edit* I didn't see that it started at noon, I might be able to make an appearence after all!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 02:12:44 am »
Just a heads up rarnom, we should definetly air out the DDR room before the rave. X.X

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 07:54:55 am »
Quote from: "numair42"
I have never been to one of these before and I've got a few questions about the LAN room.

* Is there going to be having event sanctioned games to play, or is it up to the attendees?

*edit*
We are running America's Army.  w00t

* Is there going to be dedicated servers to run stuff on, or is it going to be up to the attendees to host games?

There is always a dedicated server, but the players NEED to be good about not doing other stuff while on the server so as to not slow it down.

* Am I going to need to bring any cash to get in?

Nope. Never.  Our events are always FREE.  BUT, we do really like it when attendees bring some food/snacks to share with everyone.  So bring food.   :)

* What kind of equipment is going to be there and what do we need to bring other then our computers?

Bring your own powerstrip and ethernet cable.  That should do you well.

Quote from: "kimiski"
Just a heads up rarnom, we should definetly air out the DDR room before the rave. X.X

True, we wouldn't want another BO2 emergency... :P

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 09:24:09 am »
If this is a "Rave" do we have to bring our own ecstasy and is any one going to try and put a Rolphy in my soda.  And will there be a Zombie attack like the Rave in house of the dead and special guest clint howard.

Von "your aunt dont need to slip me a Rolphy" Dan

Edit:

Adendum

Every one wear a surgical mask so we can all pretend to be Rarnom or a MK Ninja, then at midnight we all take our mask off to find the real Rarnom
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 10:39:56 am »
yay lans are so fun ..lans are so fun i like lans cuz they are so fun
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 12:26:46 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
If this is a "Rave" do we have to bring our own ecstasy and is any one going to try and put a Rolphy in my soda.  And will there be a Zombie attack like the Rave in house of the dead and special guest clint howard.

this is just too funny... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Every one wear a surgical mask so we can all pretend to be Rarnom or a MK Ninja, then at midnight we all take our mask off to find the real Rarnom

omg, that is a great idea.  I should TOTALLY dress up as my avatar.  but note it is a dust mask not a surgical mask...

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 01:27:29 pm »
Quote from: "rarnom"

omg, that is a great idea.  I should TOTALLY dress up as my avatar.  but note it is a dust mask not a surgical mask...

When I worked at a Hospital the mask I had to wear for Isolation when moving infected patients or to prevent blood splater in my mouth looked the same as your dust mask.

Von "Look for my Avatar at the next meeting" Dan
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 04:07:04 pm »
well i've never been to one of these either.
is it kinda like kumoricon where you can cosplay?
or would i look like a freak if i did that?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 04:17:13 pm »
Quote from: "corpsic beauty"
well i've never been to one of these either.
is it kinda like kumoricon where you can cosplay?
or would i look like a freak if i did that?

as most of the pepale there are also anime fans there is often some cosplay and this time it's right before halloween so cosplay is required.

And I just noticed the title of this thread mentions Masquerade Ball, Cosplay is short for something like Costume Masquerade Play
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline numair42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 12:59:54 pm »

*edit*
We are running America's Army.  w00t

Anything else in the lineup? I could play AA for 10 hours no problem, but it would get boring after a while.

Oh, is there going to be Net access in case we want to play a steam game (DoD:Source!! Woo). I promise not to play WoW and help lay the smack down on anyone that does. (Grr WoW, the bane of LAN parties everywhere.)
2016+ Programming Staff
2015 - Assistant Director of Infrastructure
2009 - 2014 - Programming Staff
2006 & 2007 - Yojimbo

Mic Ninja says "Chaaa~~"

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 02:14:20 pm »
lans are fun they have food that we bring and we watch anime and play ddr and play games and watch scary movies and yes we cosplay!!!!
me and kendo boyfriends first date was the january meetings lan

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 02:19:32 pm »
Quote from: "numair42"
Anything else in the lineup? I could play AA for 10 hours no problem, but it would get boring after a while.

Oh, is there going to be Net access in case we want to play a steam game (DoD:Source!! Woo). I promise not to play WoW and help lay the smack down on anyone that does. (Grr WoW, the bane of LAN parties everywhere.)

Well, actually we don't care too much if folks WoW it up.  What has caused problems in the past is file sharing or downloading of ginormous files that slows everyone down.  Usually people just playing games is fine.

What you should do is just ask the folks running the LAN and ask them once you get there.  

I really wish I could tell you more, but I have very little to do with the planning/execution of the LAN part of LANime.  

I am more of the 'ime' guy.  if that makes any sense. :?

Offline anime_lover

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 04:45:13 pm »
So as far as guardianship consent goes. A parent can just grab a piece of paper write "I parent of such and such give my consent for such and such to be there guardian if there are any problems here is my phone number #" Would that be okay? Or is there going to be a specific consent form to print out like for kumoricon?

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 07:54:22 pm »
so...you have to cosplay?
cuz the only reason one of my friends may go is because you don't have to cosplay.....

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 08:21:27 pm »
cuz the only reason one of my friends may go is because you don't have to cosplay.....

Obviously nobody HAS to cosplay, but it is encouraged because of the time of the year and etc...  Feel free to wear regular clothes.

Quote from: "anime_lover"
So as far as guardianship consent goes. A parent can just grab a piece of paper write "I parent of such and such give my consent for such and such to be there guardian if there are any problems here is my phone number #" Would that be okay? Or is there going to be a specific consent form to print out like for kumoricon?

We'll accept that.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 10:00:21 pm »
Im debating weather to come in the cosplay I wore to Kumoricon or not.
Is there definetly a Cosplay contest? Like hallway or skit form?

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 08:10:03 am »
Im debating weather to come in the cosplay I wore to Kumoricon or not.
Is there definetly a Cosplay contest? Like hallway or skit form?

There won't be a full on 'talent show' like competition like in events past, but there will definately be a 'hallway' judging.  There might be a smaller cosplay contest in a seperate room later in the evening if there is interest shown at the event.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
LANime
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 08:51:09 am »
Looks like you've reserved a slew of rooms. Coolness  8)

Er, which room has space for the COSTUME workshop?  I was planning to drag along my sewing machine and some fabric and have fun working on costumes that I need to have ready for OryCon.  We can share with some other group of course...I know I'll be wanting to at least listen in on some of the anime being shown, and don't want to be isolated in a corner... if there's no space reserved, I'll just park myself in a random spot that has sufficient light and available table space.

Who else is planning to work on costumes or needs costuming help??  :)

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 09:48:27 am »

If they just come in jeans and a t shirt they can secretly cosplay as a kid in most any HS anime when they go do something on the week end in regular cloths.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Re: LANime
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 04:25:44 pm »
Quote from: "Runa"
Looks like you've reserved a slew of rooms. Coolness  8)

Er, which room has space for the COSTUME workshop?  I was planning to drag along my sewing machine and some fabric and have fun working on costumes that I need to have ready for OryCon.  We can share with some other group of course...I know I'll be wanting to at least listen in on some of the anime being shown, and don't want to be isolated in a corner... if there's no space reserved, I'll just park myself in a random spot that has sufficient light and available table space.

Who else is planning to work on costumes or needs costuming help??  :)

As far as costume making I think you could put yourself in one of the following two rooms:
-109-The food and J-Pop room which has good table space, ample lighting, and isn't ever super crowded.
-110-The manga/tabletop gaming room gets a little more crowded, but if you don't take up a whole lot of space, you should be able to find a spot.

The other rooms won't be really set up for stuff like that mostly because they will be either:  too dark or have no table space.

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 07:45:32 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"

If they just come in jeans and a t shirt they can secretly cosplay as a kid in most any HS anime when they go do something on the week end in regular cloths.

haha i was telling her and a few other peole that but she didn't believe me!
XP

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
LAN + AMV FUN!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 10:29:01 am »
Hey gang! I will be bringing one if not two computers to make & share AMVs. If anyone wants to try a project or make a short snippet for the K2007 multieditor project (HINT!) then come on over & say hello!

- G

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Re: LAN + AMV FUN!
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 05:14:23 pm »
Quote from: "Geirr"
Hey gang! I will be bringing one if not two computers to make & share AMVs. If anyone wants to try a project or make a short snippet for the K2007 multieditor project (HINT!) then come on over & say hello!

- G

Spindrift secured some space for some j-horror but I don't think we found much to show in that room. If you PM her you may be able to use that room. You'll have a projector and all their video equipment to play with.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 08:31:27 pm »
Quote from: "guspasho"

- G

Spindrift secured some space for some j-horror but I don't think we found much to show in that room. If you PM her you may be able to use that room. You'll have a projector and all their video equipment to play with.

If there is a shortage of J-Horror from you folks, some of our staff are bringing films as well.  We would really prefer to have that room dedicated to J-Horror for most of the event since we have been advertising it on our flyers.

What you could very easily set up on and use is a nice projector and screen in the manga/art room.  That one is always available.

Just remember that ONLY OUR STAFF is allowed to touch/operate the video equipment or the computers.  We have had problems at past events with random people installing codecs and other stuff in the computers and that is a BIG no no with the college.  So, if you do plan on doing any AMV stuff, find me and we'll help you get set up.

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 11:24:17 am »
i'm heartbroken now
my aunt refusess to take me
so i can't go
unless if someone gives me a ride
but no one around here is going
so i can't go  :cry:
and i had my costume all planned out too.....

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 07:25:11 pm »
You know what we could do in future events that would be cool.
A small AMV contest in the room where the anime shows.

To make sure its small, it's only open to people who come and like the first few people who submit. We could start off with just like two categories.

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 01:07:09 am »
Hello fellow J-Horror Fans.

I have a growing collection of J-Horror Movies and I just want to know for the record Sub, Dub or American remake?  

Right now I have 4 J-Horror Movies and I will release a list in another week to give time for people whom want to offer up their movies and are okay with it being abused by the watching masses.  I trust Eric and his crew to be safe with My movies but I will be putting my name and contact information on my stuff so if you wanting to offer your movie please for your sake put your name and info on the Disk.

:-)  

Love always

Your Kumori slave/volunteer scout

Spindrift
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 08:06:16 am »
Quote from: "spindrift"
Hello fellow J-Horror Fans.

I have a growing collection of J-Horror Movies and I just want to know for the record Sub, Dub or American remake?  

Right now I have 4 J-Horror Movies and I will release a list in another week to give time for people whom want to offer up their movies and are okay with it being abused by the watching masses.  I trust Eric and his crew to be safe with My movies but I will be putting my name and contact information on my stuff so if you wanting to offer your movie please for your sake put your name and info on the Disk.

:-)  

Love always

Your Kumori slave/volunteer scout

Spindrift

Thanks for trusting me.  I will take good care of the movies.

And in regards to your first question, SUB SUB SUB!!!  :D

I look forward to the films.  w00t!

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 08:07:26 am »

SUB SUB SUB!!!  :D

Thanks for trusting me.  I will take good care of the movies.

I am so looking forward to this party.  :D:D:D:D:D

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 02:14:20 pm »
you know i'd be so cool if we could get a hold of a copy of deathnote subed,
*wish wish wish*
 :( *sigh*

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2006, 10:41:55 am »
I am so excited because I actually get to go to LANIME this time!! And my boyfriend and his friend from New Jersey will also be in attendance, I am so excited!! Heidi. I can't handle horror films but I may pop in to lend my support =D

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2006, 11:18:47 am »
there should be an alternt room for people who can't stand scary stuff showing a little snow fairy suger

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2006, 12:21:42 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
there should be an alternt room for people who can't stand scary stuff showing a little snow fairy suger

:oops: I actually own that whole series and the OVAs... :oops:

but, it is for my kid... :D  (who will hopefully be making an appearance as a cool girl ninja w/UZI   :twisted: )

Quote from: "leashy"
I am so excited because I actually get to go to LANIME this time!! And my boyfriend and his friend from New Jersey will also be in attendance, I am so excited!! Heidi. I can't handle horror films but I may pop in to lend my support =D

I am glad you can make it!  There is always lots of stuff to do.  There will be an anime room as well and there is always random stuff happening that is cool.

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2006, 05:08:47 pm »
We have had problems at past events with random people installing codecs and other stuff in the computers and that is a BIG no no with the college.  So, if you do plan on doing any AMV stuff, find me and we'll help you get set up.
Actually I am intending to work on projects, running off a monitor. (AMV fan-creation station!) If there's interest, I might switch to showing stuff - I've got about 40GB of AMVs going back about 5 years.

Definitely grok the no-no's on installing malware/codecs!

- G  (in Tai-Yuan city now; on win98)

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 06:12:31 pm »
It's good to know we aren't banned in China!
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 06:54:24 pm »
Actually I am intending to work on projects, running off a monitor. (AMV fan-creation station!) If there's interest, I might switch to showing stuff - I've got about 40GB of AMVs going back about 5 years.

Definitely grok the no-no's on installing malware/codecs!

- G  (in Tai-Yuan city now; on win98)

That sounds perfect!  Thanks for letting me know what you have in mind.  Once you are there we can definately find you a nice space to set up your stuff.  I still think that the manga/art room would be the best space for it.  Good lighting and usually a good amount of space.  coolies.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 11:19:54 pm »
yes we will demand amv showing and chris is intersted in your amv project

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2006, 11:32:10 pm »

For the Chibi Hearts
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2006, 04:12:57 pm »
hey! it turnes out i can go! my friend is being supper cool and is taking me! HECK YES!!
*super star pose*

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2006, 09:23:23 pm »
Kumoriconvoy

So There are a number of people heading down the I-205 to head to Salem.

From Vancouver there are 3 cars traveling down and at this point it looks like we have 3 spots open for rides right now.

Please note I am not willing to stick anyone in my trunk ... (it is already full of body.... parts)

So if you are in the greater Vancouver area and need a ride down contact me.

If there are anyother groups traveling down give me or Leashy a shout and we can meet up with you.

KUMORICONVOY

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2006, 09:29:44 pm »
Heidi. I can't handle horror films but I may pop in to lend my support =D

Don't worry I am honestly just doing my job and give people what they want: hot Yuri action.

So I spammed all the posts about the Lanime and I hope the mods won't kill me but I seriously looking forward to our convoy heading down to Salem with you.  

Do you want to come over and help me make Kumoicon flags have attatched to our cars?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2006, 09:35:17 pm »
Heidi. I can't handle horror films but I may pop in to lend my support =D

Don't worry I am honestly just doing my job and give people what they want: hot Yuri action.

So I spammed all the posts about the Lanime and I hope the mods won't kill me but I seriously looking forward to our convoy heading down to Salem with you.  

Do you want to come over and help me make Kumoicon flags have attatched to our cars?

I had posted this same idea this morning about a carpool from Eugene to Salem meeting at my workshop Saterday morning.  Any one interested PM me or post in plan your own adventure.

KUMORICONVOY: South (Eugene/Salem)
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2006, 12:30:44 am »
kendo boyfriend and i are gonna pick up vallie and tom oo convoyness of doom!!!!!!!
yay!!
that is to say were gonna give them a ride, i dont think i could lit any one i have weak girly arms seems when i lost weight i lost streanth too

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2006, 04:32:02 pm »
kendo boyfriend and i are gonna pick up vallie and tom oo convoyness of doom!!!!!!!
yay!!
that is to say were gonna give them a ride, i dont think i could lit any one i have weak girly arms seems when i lost weight i lost streanth too

Want to meet up at Frys!!!

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2006, 08:02:25 pm »
OMFG, that'd be so awesome if we got a subbed version of the DeathNote movie downloaded (since I don't think the DVD's out yet, is it?)

I'm sure there's a raw -with quite an annoying watermark on it the whole time =.=- on YouTube if you search "Death Note Movie", but it still has yet to be subbed... I'm sure there are many people working on it, though~

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2006, 10:27:17 pm »
Whoo Hoo... ERIC!

Justin and I told our whole Japanese class about Lanime, and we got 4 people to come!! Tee hee... its going to be awesome!

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2006, 09:56:51 pm »
Whoo Hoo... ERIC!

Justin and I told our whole Japanese class about Lanime, and we got 4 people to come!! Tee hee... its going to be awesome!

that's great!  I really am hoping we have a massive turn out for this one.  WHOOPEE!!!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 08:31:39 am »
yay!!

Want to meet up at Frys!!!

thatd be fun i'm just not sure what time well be there and i wouldnt want to make you late for meeting