News > Forum Announcements Archives

Problems logging in?

(1/2) > >>

guspasho:
I've received reports from two staffers about problems with logging into their forum accounts. If anyone else has had these problems, can you report to me what browser and what settings you are using? (If you can't log in to respond, email me at personnel@kumoricon.org or try using some different browser settings or a new browser. I recommend Firefox as it works fine for me. I will need to figure out what circumstances are causing the problem so I can fix it.

superjaz:
just i have to log in twice more often, and after the second time the cie says i've read all the posts, useing internet explorer,

guspasho:
Update your bookmarks. Jeff moved the forums from kumoricon.com/forums to kumoricon.org/forums - you want to log in via kumoricon.org/forums to prevent that.

JeffT:
Yes--exactly what you describe (losing your post unread status) happens if you change between .org and .com, and having to log in twice. Best just to use .org, since that's the "official" URL of the site, although .com still mirrors it. It has to do with the way the phpbb cookies work.

JeffT:
Please note, that the email address to use for forum (or web site) problems is no longer personnel--it is webmaster@kumoricon.org.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version