Author Topic: Panel Ideas for 2007  (Read 36572 times)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2006, 10:19:41 am »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay.  I've gathered up all of the suggestions from this area, along with a few from other places.  This is what we have.

anime_lover - Cat ear making workshop
BoredHorror - Wig styling panel
catboy-trades - Webcomic panel
corpsic beauty - Perfectly complete cosplay
Darkerlight - "Darker animes & myths behind them" panel
leonmasteries - Ninjas vs. Pirates; fangirl/fanboy panel
maetel - Lolita Tea Party
MistressLegato - Survival Horror Video Games panel
Neko_Chan - Gothic Lilita panel
PixeL - Style Swap
princessfrodo - The History of Japan; the Ainu
RemSaverem - "Hand-draw" panel; "Computer-generating" panel; Utena panel (Revolution Girl Utena, right?); Yuri panel; Japanese apocalypse/post A-bomb; Christian anime (perhaps other religions also)
Riza-Chan - Anti-Yaoi panel; Sharp shooter (Duck Hunt) panel
Runa - "How to do Applique" workshop; Cosplay structure panel
spindrift - Ninja pajama party; Morning Calisthenics; Cat girl training; Mochi party; The Glomp Police; Name that Anime; Paranoia Agent
superjaz3p - DDR
TheNightBringer - Cosplay armor & weapons; Fighting game character panel
Vondan - Leather panel; advanced classes; Ninja girls vs. Pirate wenches; Catboy or Catgirl wrestling
Washougal_Otaku & Nyco - Catperson sumo wrestling

This is a great list of suggestions, eveyone!  Please keep them coming!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2006, 02:14:17 pm »
Hey Washougal, would you mind taking another suggestion or two?  I'd really like to see a more academic panel, something which would address the world of anime from a cultural studies/anthropological background, so we could talk about the patterns of symbolism and representation in the genre.  I just picked up the Napier book, and I'm really excited about it.  I also noticed that in years past, we had some academics from PSU presenting at the con.  I would LOVE to see something like this next year.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2006, 02:27:34 pm »
Quote from: "pieisexactlythree"
Hey Washougal, would you mind taking another suggestion or two?  I'd really like to see a more academic panel, something which would address the world of anime from a cultural studies/anthropological background, so we could talk about the patterns of symbolism and representation in the genre.  I just picked up the Napier book, and I'm really excited about it.  I also noticed that in years past, we had some academics from PSU presenting at the con.  I would LOVE to see something like this next year.

the guy who said he would be the advisor for TUNAC again wrote a book on Anime and is a teacher a the U of O
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2006, 02:43:02 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
the guy who said he would be the advisor for TUNAC again wrote a book on Anime and is a teacher a the U of O

TUNAC?  Pardon pi's ignorance, what's this?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2006, 03:24:24 pm »

TUNAC?  Pardon pi's ignorance, what's this?

Doh Squared!   TUNAC: the Totally Unnamed Anime Club (at the U of O).  The founding members of TUNAC are the Founding member of Kumoricon and the Board members of Altonumbis.  Maybe there should be a panel on the history of K Con

With tentacle monsters

Field Marshall Von Dan

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2006, 03:30:29 pm »
Ok, that could be good.  Can you send or link his faculty profile?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2006, 03:47:48 pm »
Ok, that could be good.  Can you send or link his faculty profile?

here is a link to a review of his book.  I had just googled for anime University of Oregon and he kept coming up.   I sent Nyco27 his info and she said he was the same teacher she had already spoken to about reforming the club (When the founding member graduated it sort of died out)

http://www.uobookstore.com/faculty/facultyarchives/featuredauthor_may06_2.cfm
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2006, 10:01:32 pm »
pi, that suggestion rocks!

A history of the con?  Hmm... maybe.

By the way Vondan, what the hee haw is that green thing?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2006, 11:31:39 pm »
@Vondan
I knew it was him when you mentioned he wrote a book on anime.  I had him for a Japanese Literature class.
Anyway, now that I'm done with random trivia...

Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"

Do you mean on the book cover?  I think that's a picture from Serial Experiment Lain.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2006, 11:42:24 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
@Vondan
I knew it was him when you mentioned he wrote a book on anime.  I had him for a Japanese Literature class.
Anyway, now that I'm done with random trivia...

Do you mean on the book cover?  I think that's a picture from Serial Experiment Lain.

no he means

he has no tast for classic Kroft
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2006, 03:01:11 pm »
The idea of an Anti-Yuri panel run by girls and an anti-yaoi panel run by guys colaberation..... it makes me giggle!
Secrety secrets!

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2006, 06:47:07 pm »
Okay Some new ideas!

expanding on Darklighters idea of dark animes & Myths behind them.

Why not have "Anime Inspired?"  As in what are the real myths and stories that have inspired some of the most popular Animes.

Next What about Some more Kid programing Like a small kids festival that include yugio card games and pin the tail on Inu Yasha.

Expanding the Creation Station to include: Flower arangment & Origami.
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2006, 07:00:07 pm »
Quote from: "spindrift"
Okay Some new ideas!

Why not have "Anime Inspired?"  As in what are the real myths and stories that have inspired some of the most popular Animes.

Next What about Some more Kid programing Like a small kids festival that include yugio card games and pin the tail on Inu Yasha.

I had an idea for a Chibi Room or Chibi Day.

And it's pin the fox tail on Naruto

If we had the room the panels on Flower Arangment, origami, Samurai Swords, Medevil Japanese clothing, japanese history and japanese myths  could all be in one room devoted to Japanese history and culture.   thats about 12 hours of programing other could be added but it would mean the need for another team of volunteers (In Kimonos) to watch the room
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2006, 09:06:35 pm »
Quote from: "spindrift"
Okay Some new ideas!

Anime Inspired, eh?

I like the idea of doing something on the kiddie level.

I had an idea for a Chibi Room or Chibi Day.

And it's pin the fox tail on Naruto

If we had the room the panels on Flower Arangment, origami, Samurai Swords, Medevil Japanese clothing, japanese history and japanese myths could all be in one room devoted to Japanese history and culture. thats about 12 hours of programing other could be added but it would mean the need for another team of volunteers (In Kimonos) to watch the room

Chibi Room!  Yes!  Awesome name for it!

I also like the Kimonos for the volunteers watching the room, & maybe for whoever will be doing panels in there.

Huh?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2006, 12:49:16 am »

Chibi Room!  Yes!  Awesome name for it!

With events like the Pin the tail games (I want to bring real fox tails mwaa haaa haaa)  Shadow in a hat reading Dr Suess style Stories Like "Green Eggs and Tofu"  the musical act Mustang Roy Orbison singing "Little Chibis (walking down the street)  Messy Jr level fan art stuff.  lots of short panels and stuff to keep the rats occupied and excited about anime so they make there parents go buy them more anime stuff and they want to staff K con 2017

I also like the Kimonos for the volunteers watching the room, & maybe for whoever will be doing panels in there.

I have an Idea to have the volunteers working at the repair station in anime mechanic girl outfits

Huh?

It was from the Sid & Marty Kroft show "Sigmund and the sea monsters".  hey sigmund could be the tenticle mascot for the chibi room

http://www.70slivekidvid.com/index.html
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2006, 04:20:35 pm »
I have not yet reached Toni (Dr. Antonia) Levi, PhD, so I don't know if she would be available again. But for a couple KCs, and also at the Creation Stations at SC & Anime Evolution, she provided multiple academic presentations on topics including shapeshifters (etc.), the Joss Whedon universes, & yaoi........She's AMAZING. brilliant & engaging.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2006, 06:15:20 pm »
OMFG! I just had the coolest idea!  A home made bento workshop panel. We could learn to make all those delicious things Sakura and Tomoyo have for lunch, or perhaps Yomi's extra spicy croquettes.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2006, 07:37:41 pm »
How about a panel about ideas for panels for K Con 2008
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2006, 09:02:58 am »
OMFG! I just had the coolest idea!  A home made bento workshop panel. We could learn to make all those delicious things Sakura and Tomoyo have for lunch, or perhaps Yomi's extra spicy croquettes.

This is gonna sound sad, but are you referring to Azumanga Daioh?

How about a panel about ideas for panels for K Con 2008

Uh, maybe.

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2006, 09:41:38 am »
This is gonna sound sad, but are you referring to Azumanga Daioh?

You're right, Washougal.  I was also referring to Card Captor Sakura btw.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2006, 02:28:42 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
I have not yet reached Toni (Dr. Antonia) Levi, PhD, so I don't know if she would be available again. But for a couple KCs, and also at the Creation Stations at SC & Anime Evolution, she provided multiple academic presentations on topics including shapeshifters (etc.), the Joss Whedon universes, & yaoi........She's AMAZING. brilliant & engaging.

I actually had her for two of three semesters last year at Portland State. She seemed like a very interesting and engaging professor on the topic of Japanese culture, and the many facets of japanese pop culture. Unfortunately, that wasn't the course, it was simply freshman inquiry which didn't really click with her academic focus, I suppose. I did get one class hour where she discussed Japanese pop culture and anime, which really was amazing and I think it would be a great idea to have her on a Kumoricon panel, in some way. I think a lot of people would benefit from checking it out.

I also really like the sound of this idea! That seems like it would be a lot of fun, and pretty tasty, too! Mmmm...croquettes. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2006, 03:55:51 pm »
(a) Sorry that I had missed the earlier post re: Expanding the Creation Station to include flower arranging & origami. As the Creation Manager for KC, I can say that pretty much anyone who says they want to run an event, contest, workshop, demo, skit, whatever, and to run it in the creation station, is more than welcome to do so. However, I don't personally know anyone particularly skilled in those areas. I did have origami paper available at KC '05, and in fact, received 2 entries in KC's first Creation Station art contest that were origami instead of drawings or paintings! (one was even of godzilla!)

The only concern I have about flower arranging is allergies. Personally I have been hospitalized with asthma before (right before KC '05, in fact), and some plant products prompt an allergic / asthmatic response in me. I don't know of how many others this is true...but due to this possibility I would recommend that if there is a flower arranging panel, that it be held outside, and/or in a room that could ventilate well before and after, and that whatever occurs in the room immediately after (if it is not outside), that there be a little sign up cautioning that there may still be pollens in the air and to be cautious if one is allergic.

Ditto regarding food workshops...I would *LOVE* to have a theme party type atmosphere in which folks bring and/or demo/learn how to make, items prominently featured in eps of various anime. The strawberry-picking ep & sweet card ep of Card Captor Sakura come to mind, of course, but maybe also some sweets visible in the bakeries in CLAMP School Detectives and/or Chobits?......but we should probably put up signs saying things like "if you have any food allergies please let us know and discuss with us before sampling any products" and have a list of ingredients visible in print for each item. (this also helps those trying to have vegan, vegetarian, pesadich/ passover-specific, kosher, diabetic, or other special diets.)

i attended psu in the past but not in toni's department, regretably.

a panel on the forming of the con would be great because we are a highly successful & innovative newbie on the scene, known for some of the ways we stand out from the crowd of other cons....and it would be great fun to inspire others to start up something that was actually still in oregon *chortle* i mean it's always fun to help folks develop their own projects with zeal and enthusiasm.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline COMaestro

• Cabbit
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2006, 08:19:14 pm »
I do love the idea of a Japanese cooking panel, but I shudder to think of the potential difficulties involved. Such as having stovetops available, including the possibility of getting burned and is KCon liable for such a thing. Then there's Rem's earlier mention of food allergies. I know there's even more problems involved, so this kind of thing would require a lot of thought and preparation.

I still love the idea though...
Superjaz's Kendo Husband

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2006, 06:49:48 pm »
if gonna do food work shop i would sugest japanese style chinese potstickers called gyoza it fried and steamed and very differnt from what people call potystickers there super good
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2006, 11:06:10 am »
Ooh, I almost forgot, Fried Octopus Balls!

Quote from: "superjaz3p"
i would sugest japanese style chinese potstickers called gyoza

Actually, Trader Joe's pork gyoza are a staple of my diet.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2006, 04:35:11 pm »
i think Relations would have to weigh in on the subject of any kind of food demo, because they would know whether this new hotel of ours has any restrictions on preparing and/or serving food, such as having a food handler's and/or restaurant license......

Offline tarock

• Sailor Scout
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2007, 07:21:38 pm »
I like the idea of making home made bento's.
Or just a panel on a panel on making japanese food.
I could help with that one too as I make different japanese dishes

My family has a really yummy gyoza recipe.  We always make it on special occasions like birthdays and holidays.
I would not mind teaching it to people.  

tar

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2007, 07:34:23 pm »
How about a panel ware we go to see some one "Demonstrate" how to make a bento.  And this class has a fee of $4 or $5 and the student gets to take the "Project Bento" to "Examine".  I bet several hundred "students" would attend that panel over all 3 days probebly during lunch time.  And there should be a nearby short class ware they demonstrate how to poor soda for 99 cents.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2007, 07:17:16 pm »
Quote from: "tarock"
I like the idea of making home made bento's.
Or just a panel on a panel on making japanese food.
I could help with that one too as I make different japanese dishes

My family has a really yummy gyoza recipe.  We always make it on special occasions like birthdays and holidays.
I would not mind teaching it to people.  

tar

*pounce*   SHARE! I want that recipe!
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2007, 11:11:30 am »
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Bento.

I would like to try some.  I've heard it tastes good.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2007, 12:03:47 pm »
thats it!  In the fanfic I shall have a half Japanese and Italian villain Bento  Mussolini
Field Marshall Von Dan

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2007, 09:56:00 pm »
thats it!  In the fanfic I shall have a half Japanese and Italian villain Bento  Mussolini

Can't you throw in some German too?  Then you'd have the whole Axis!

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2007, 03:46:26 pm »
I wonder if Uwajimaya would be interested in getting involved in a Japanese food demo...? And really, as long as you could plug in a rice cooker, you could probably demo a bunch of stuff. It would be the sampling that would be hard since I think you need a license to disperse foodstuffs (and there are laws about sanitation blabla.)

Another idea I just got from stealing it from another con - Japanese travel panel. Just people who have gone in the past year or two relating there experiences.

Would anyone be interested in a "Cosplaying on the Cheep" or "Raiding your closet for fun and cosplay" panel? I was thinking about taking a trip to the Goodwill and throwing together a few popular costumes for under $20, then just add a piece or two from the vendor room. Would be a fun challenge...

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2007, 04:40:40 pm »
Quote from: "Antares"

Would anyone be interested in a "Cosplaying on the Cheep" or "Raiding your closet for fun and cosplay" panel? I was thinking about taking a trip to the Goodwill and throwing together a few popular costumes for under $20, then just add a piece or two from the vendor room. Would be a fun challenge...

yeah you stole my idea when I'm rich I was gonna have a game show "Who wants to date a Millionare Nerd with contest like LOTR Trivia, Build a Computer from a box of Parts and MAKE A COSTUME FOR $20 in TWO HOURS.

I could speak a but on costume stuff and goodwill I scrounge costume type stuff a lot (I found a post man hat for $1 that sold at an auction for $120).  If it is in the Cosplay panel room I'll be there any ways at the repair station with boxes of junk.  The other day I dressed Negime as Negime with a cape made from a 25 cent futon cover and a magic Scepter that was one leg of the tripod to a Portable 35 MM Microfilm camera
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2007, 05:04:16 pm »
yeah you stole my idea when I'm rich I was gonna have a game show "Who wants to date a Millionare Nerd with contest like LOTR Trivia, Build a Computer from a box of Parts and MAKE A COSTUME FOR $20 in TWO HOURS.

oh yeah - thats where I heard it! hee! Sorry! PATENT PENDING!

The other day I dressed as Negime with a cape made from a 25 cent futon cover and a magic Scepter that was one leg of the tripod to a Portable 35 MM Microfilm camera

Ha! Awesome! I think this would be fun. Hm. Creative "reuse?" I used some old water stained curtains to be Samara from The Ring. Just combed my hair over my face and was scary as hell!

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2007, 09:53:51 pm »
Ok - some things that have been mentioned that I second (or 3rd):
- Cat ear workshop
- "Darker animes" panel / Survival Horror Video Games panel
- The History of Japan
- Ninja pajama party; Morning Calisthenics

Some other ideas:
- Photoshop 101 / coloring
- Karate / Judo / Ta Kwan Do / Yoga etc.
- Older anime fan meetup
- AMVs for Dummies
- Anime Hell!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2007, 10:10:00 pm »
And my crazy Idea of having like panels in the same room and then a staff for each room to watch supplies and displays.   Like a cosplay room and a new one this year if we can get more Japocentric panels a room of Japanese history and culture.  And how about a room for older anime fans 30 to 40 and the ladies with glasses get in free
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Kayoe

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Invasion: The Comic
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2007, 10:48:48 am »
How about an “Anti Cute Things” Panel?
They anger me to no end with their annoying high pitched voices, them being on the verge of ether uselessness or Godliness in terms of power.  I can’t be the only one!
Pikachu, Nall, Mieu, Haro, CURSE YOU!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2007, 11:15:34 am »
Kayoe, you need some of Guy's AMVs. Guy (our AMV dude) made an AMV called "The Chibi things that met Ma Deuce."

MaDeuce is a large military rifle.  :twisted:
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Kayoe

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Invasion: The Comic
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2007, 12:33:44 pm »
Thanks! XD
I needed that!
But I should point out that I don't hate ALL cute things, just the annoying ones.  If that happens to be most of them so be it.
But to clarify maybe it should be an “Anti Annoying Cute Things” Panel, there by we don't accidentally involve the ones that are not that annoying and couldn't be taken out of the anime without major plot changes.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2007, 10:44:13 am »
Quote from: "Antares"
Some other ideas:
- Anime Hell!

I'm curious as to what you mean by this one, Antares.

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2007, 12:05:22 pm »
http://animehell.org/

"ANIME HELL = Three hours of short films, wacky commercials, bizarre footage, forgotten educational films, inane public service announcements, and trailers for films that may or may not exist!   Not for women, children, or sissies.  In fact we're not sure who this show is for..."

Funny funny stuff....

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2007, 01:09:45 pm »
If the Wi fi at the hotel is fast enough this could be done using the sources off the net at the con.  There was a panel last year that showed video off youtube of the Bishe walk off at another con.  All they had was a laptop and an overhead projector that can display a laptop sceen onto the wall
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2007, 07:04:55 pm »
If the Wi fi at the hotel is fast enough this could be done using the sources off the net at the con.  There was a panel last year that showed video off youtube of the Bishe walk off at another con.  All they had was a laptop and an overhead projector that can display a laptop sceen onto the wall

Correct, we did that at the Creation Station's Parody Panel. The Bishie Walk-Off is anime cons' answer to the Ben Stiller-Owen Wilson gem "Zoolander", a highlight of Anime Evolution!

My understanding was that cost was a factor in ongoing negotiations with the new hotel as to whether or not WiFi will be accessible throughout. I certainly hope that it is....not having it at Sakuracon causes complications for my room, particularly the fan art & fanfic contests & multimedia/parody events.

Washougal Otaku, have you heard whatever happened with the idea that some of last year's proceeds would go into buying some projectors & screens for panel rooms? Knowing how many staple supplies we have, & whether or not we have net access, will really help you with scheduling!

Meantime, the following are new panels at Sakuracon's Creation Station that *might* also make their way to the Kumoricon Creation Station if there is interest:
(a) NaNoWriMo (with permission from said event);--National Novel Writing Month;
(b) a 3-day Anime Drawing workshop.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2007, 01:07:56 pm »

Washougal Otaku, have you heard whatever happened with the idea that some of last year's proceeds would go into buying some projectors & screens for panel rooms? Knowing how many staple supplies we have, & whether or not we have net access, will really help you with scheduling!

Actually, I was hoping to talk with Brenda about this at tomorrow's meeting & get this ball rolling.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2007, 04:23:18 pm »

Actually, I was hoping to talk with Brenda about this at tomorrow's meeting & get this ball rolling.

I kinda had the impression it had to roll by 12/31...?
Sorry I had to miss  the meeting...had spent most of the week back East w/my dad, who was having cancer surgery.....

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2007, 10:29:07 pm »
I have read up on this entire thread (after ignoreing it for way too long) and have made a nifty spreadsheet with all ya'll names and ideas. Now I will in the next few days proceed to harrass you 'til you run something. :D

Thank you and have a good day,
Brenda
Kumoricon Programming Director 2006, 2007
Cosplay Manager 2006
Kumoricon RPG Coordinator '03 - '05

Long live the D12!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2007, 11:14:05 am »
Quote from: "Nyco27"
Now I will in the next few days proceed to harrass you 'til you run something. :D

:shock:
*dives for cover* They were all Vallie's idea!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2007, 02:23:10 pm »
Re. My idea, I have this to say on it's behalf:
Cooking is so fun!
Cooking is so fun!
Now it's time to take a break and see what we have done!

(Hopefully at this point we don't discover that we've accidentally made neko conneco instead of delicious cake!)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Panel Ideas for 2007
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2007, 02:00:44 pm »
Re. My idea, I have this to say on it's behalf:
Cooking is so fun!
Cooking is so fun!
Now it's time to take a break and see what we have done!
(Hopefully at this point we don't discover that we've accidentally made neko conneco instead of delicious cake!)

The only worry I have about an actual cooking panel is that the hotel may have issues about using certain cooking devices in the panel rooms. We'll have to check with the hotel to be sure it's allowed. (hotels do not like people building fires in their panel rooms....)    Sushi may work -- though that's not exactly cooking....