Author Topic: Yojimbo (security) Sign-Up 2008  (Read 45961 times)

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
Re: Yojimbo (security) Sign-Up 2008
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2007, 12:07:59 pm »
No problem at all! :D I'm glad I can actually help! [laughs]

Offline rictheron

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/dark_star0
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2007, 12:10:27 pm »
  The quick answer to the cosplaying Yojimbo is yes, mostly.  The rules regarding it are as follows:
   1) Under most circumstances weaponry or prop weaponry can't be worn with a costume while doing the Yojimbo work as you do not wish to frighten or intimidate any attendees you need to talk with.  They should be left in the room until your time off. Exceptions to this can be made depending on the prop, and permission from the Yojimbo Manager
   2) During hours working as a Yojimbo, you should not wear a mask as you want to appear friendly to attendees and approachable.
   3) Any form of costume can be worn while working as a Yojimbo so long as it falls within the normal convention policy guidelines but you must be willing to wear the red haori in such a way as to keep it visible from front and back at all times you are working.
   None of these have seemed to be a problem over the years, at least I have never recieved any complaints regarding them.  If you have any questions about a particular prop or costume you are welcome to PM me about it this month, or PM the Yojimbo Manager after this month, once the job has been assigned.
Jess Shelton
2008 Operations Director
2007 Assist. Operations Manager/Yojimbo Manager
2006 Assist. Yojimbo Manager
2005 Yojimbo Manager
2003-2004 Security
Credentials: senior Physics Major at PSU,Edu minor, Store Manager, Instructor, Security

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2007, 12:21:14 pm »
 The quick answer to the cosplaying Yojimbo is yes, mostly.  The rules regarding it are as follows:
   1) Under most circumstances weaponry or prop weaponry can't be worn with a costume while doing the Yojimbo work as you do not wish to frighten or intimidate any attendees you need to talk with.  They should be left in the room until your time off. Exceptions to this can be made depending on the prop, and permission from the Yojimbo Manager
   2) During hours working as a Yojimbo, you should not wear a mask as you want to appear friendly to attendees and approachable.
   3) Any form of costume can be worn while working as a Yojimbo so long as it falls within the normal convention policy guidelines but you must be willing to wear the red haori in such a way as to keep it visible from front and back at all times you are working.
   None of these have seemed to be a problem over the years, at least I have never recieved any complaints regarding them.  If you have any questions about a particular prop or costume you are welcome to PM me about it this month, or PM the Yojimbo Manager after this month, once the job has been assigned.

Question [raises hand sheepishly]
Do we get sized for the haori? Or are we just given any size?

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2007, 12:42:33 pm »
The haori's are one size..and they are big.

I cosplay and do yojimbo at the same time. Just some costumes you can't really wear while wearing a haori. The question about attending panels and such: for the most part, we are usually working most of the con, but how we did it last year allows ypu to schedule your free time around events you want to attend or possibly working events you want to attend so you can still go to them.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2007, 01:03:32 pm »
The haori's are one size..and they are big.

I cosplay and do yojimbo at the same time. Just some costumes you can't really wear while wearing a haori. The question about attending panels and such: for the most part, we are usually working most of the con, but how we did it last year allows ypu to schedule your free time around events you want to attend or possibly working events you want to attend so you can still go to them.

Ahhh alright I see :D maybe I can shrink mine to an extent [laughs] Just kidding. Thank you!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2008, 07:20:33 pm »
May I know the age limit, since I'm guessing it's 16 and up? Sorry, I was just wondering, and ignore this question if it's already been answered. I already found the answer. Sorry.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:24:24 pm by CatchxMe »

Offline ami_sailor_mercury

• Oni
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2008, 12:28:11 am »
I sent my info in. It would be really awesome to work as a Yojimbo... and if it helps you are asking for more ladies I can crossplay while I'm working if that would help.....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 12:29:46 am by ami_sailor_mercury »
-S.Faris
Futuristic_Responsibility_Command_Individualization_Achiever

~I'm Both The Defendent And The Judge I'm Standing On Both Sides Of The Fire~

Offline Kerensky18

• Cabbit
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2008, 12:39:28 am »
I sent my info in. It would be really awesome to work as a Yojimbo... and if it helps you are asking for more ladies I can crossplay while I'm working if that would help.....

He can I've seen it.. We've been in our place at Sakuracon and even girls think he's a girl ^^..

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2008, 06:51:27 pm »
Yay~!!!

I want to join too. =D
I send a PM.
I'm really looking forward to being able to help. :3

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2008, 01:28:31 am »
Okay, for those of you who have signed up on the yojimbo roster but have not made it to a meeting yet, I highly suggest you do what you can to be at the June general meeting.  We need to get you signed up as staff (bring $10 with you, that's your reg fee) and on the staff section of the forums.  I will post the remainder of the training schedule for the summer as well as other pertinent information later.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Super_Pimp_Kyuya

• Cabbit
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2008, 04:08:16 pm »
WOOOT

Im really looking forward to this ^^

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2008, 08:55:41 pm »
WOOOT

I'm glad you are looking forward to this, we definitely need more people.  Have you given kylite your information yet so we can add you to our roster?

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2008, 09:02:27 pm »
WOOOT

Yay me too. I can't wait. LoL

Offline Super_Pimp_Kyuya

• Cabbit
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2008, 08:56:40 am »
WOOOT

I'm glad you are looking forward to this, we definitely need more people.  Have you given kylite your information yet so we can add you to our roster?
yes i have

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2008, 01:13:50 pm »
Just double checking.  >^_^<

Offline Super_Pimp_Kyuya

• Cabbit
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2008, 02:29:01 pm »
How long will it take for me to get a reply??
Wheres the next meeting

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2008, 10:39:29 am »
I apologize for anyone who hasn't received a reply yet *smacks kylite for not updating the roster in a timely manner*.  If you haven't already seen, the meeting is still on the 22nd and will be at Clark College in Vancouver.  The more people that show up the better, as I'd really like to have most of our squad registered as staff by the end of July.

Offline Super_Pimp_Kyuya

• Cabbit
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2008, 03:50:48 pm »
sweet ill definetly try to be there  :)

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2008, 10:29:08 pm »
Just a thought for any and all of you who have either signed up to be on the yojimbo squad, or are thinking about it.  We really need you signed up as staff ASAP, we're less than three months out from the con and we need to make sure we have a full roster, I would like to have all potential yojimbo signed up as staff by the July general meeting.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2008, 11:08:31 pm »
a big sorry to everyone for not getting back to you sooner, iv been letting life get a bit in the way and im getting back on track now :) I really do hope to see you all at the general meetings form here on out if you can make it. Please note if you have not attended a general meeting or yojimbo training session by the august general meeting you will NOT be eligable to attend as yojimbo staff. I am placing this restriction in the hopes to motivate some of you. we have 9 who are paid and trained, the rest have not paid or filled out staff forms. (tho some have trained)

*edit by Hawkeye*
I think what kylite means is that it will be very unlikely you will be allowed to attend as staff if you're not signed up by the final August general meeting, as there are at least two that month.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 04:18:02 pm by Hawkeye »
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2008, 06:00:43 pm »
Pfft..only because at one of the few meetings I can actually attend there's no forms <.<

Can't make the one this weekend..at PDXLAN in July..oi <.<
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2008, 07:34:36 pm »
Just a thought for any and all of you who have either signed up to be on the yojimbo squad, or are thinking about it.  We really need you signed up as staff ASAP, we're less than three months out from the con and we need to make sure we have a full roster, I would like to have all potential yojimbo signed up as staff by the July general meeting.
Hey I still was a bit confuse for the badge???
Who do I have to talk to send the picture?
I would really appreciate some help. :3

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2008, 01:11:27 pm »
For any of our current yojimbo under 18 and any thinking of joining yojimbo, you do indeed need to fill out the same parental consent/guardianship paperwork as any other attendee would.  You also will have to abide by the convention curfew, meaning that you will need to be out of convention space by 12:00 AM.  If you have any other questions about it, feel free to talk to me or kylite.

Offline Sedah Nevaeh

• Oni
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 08:09:00 pm »
Hello,

My friend and I went to K-Con last year and loved it. This year she wanted to join the Yojimbo, now she would have done this herself, but she doesn't have a computer right now.

How would one go about joining the Yojimbo? She lives in the Portland area and she would really like to know.

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2008, 11:37:21 am »

Well to Join you have to go the meetings. The next one is On the 19 of this month, Saturday.
It will be held on the Portland DoubleTree Hotel, which is also were Kumoricon will be held at this year as well.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:05:10 pm by kylite »

Offline Sedah Nevaeh

• Oni
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2008, 11:44:13 am »
Thank You, I will tell her right away!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:05:33 pm by kylite »

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2008, 04:07:15 pm »
You are welcome.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:05:52 pm by kylite »

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2008, 02:14:10 am »
Updates for any and all who have either signed up to be yojimbo or want to.  The final time to do so is during the final general meeting on August 16th.  Anyone under the age of 18 will need to have all parental consent/guardianship forms filled out.  If you've already signed up and want a custom image on your staff badge, please bring it to the meeting this weekend in digital format.  The training schedule for rest of summer goes as follows:  July general meeting, July 27th, all four Sundays in August (even the week before con), and both general meetings in August.  If none of these work for you, please tell us so we can work with you.  Also, the meeting on August 24th will be conducted by kylite on his own as I have tickets for Phantom of the Opera that day.

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2008, 10:55:50 pm »
Welcome to all of our new yojimbo recruits, it's nice to see you here.  Squeak, it's nice to see you return, same to you and Jewboy, Waffles.

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2008, 09:57:22 am »
Just a reminder, we have a training session scheduled for this upcoming Sunday at 2 pm, Pioneer Place Mall.  Our resident cameraman tomthefanboy may show up to film the training session which I've encouraged him to do, so the more people who can attend, please do so (it's not required, I'd just like to give him as many people for the filming as possible).

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2008, 11:08:21 am »
for clarification, 2pm, pioneer place mall, food court, center section. You can spot me as all in black with the exception of blue sleeves and a black hat. Megan will be wearing black on skirt, shirt, shoes, and red on hat and tie.

Hope to see people there :)

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2008, 05:22:22 pm »
I got a question

last year I was too young they said so instead I just did random volunteer work like I watch the game room door until suddenly I was being awakend and told that my shift was over and thanks alot. after that I was a run around go to boy for about an hour. and that morning when I signed in I noticed they were a bit short shifted so I asked them if they needed help they said yeah, and then I sat back there and punched cards until they were done. anyways my question is can I do that this year too because I want to do con stuffs too?
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2008, 10:18:21 pm »
well it sounds like you want to be a volunteer more then a yojimbo :) (yojimbo are pretty much on duty all of con)

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2008, 11:04:19 pm »
yeah pretty much except like if I see somewhere under staffed, would it be cool if I offered help? like instead of actually signing up to be a volunteer just helping when I saw some in trouble? oh is there any way you could possibly tell me if were gonna have more staff?
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2008, 04:58:26 pm »
yeah pretty much except like if I see somewhere under staffed, would it be cool if I offered help? like instead of actually signing up to be a volunteer just helping when I saw some in trouble? oh is there any way you could possibly tell me if were gonna have more staff?
Actually, "roaming helper" would be a fantastic volunteer position.  Come to the August 16th meeting; I want to talk to people about developing this concept further and it would be great to have an experienced roaming helper there.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>