Author Topic: So who was that Mike guy....?  (Read 2723 times)

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
So who was that Mike guy....?
« on: September 18, 2006, 06:08:43 pm »
Hello everybody, I haven't posted here for a little while.
OKAY, so when I was standing in line for the opening cerimonies (sp?) there was this guy with a "Guest" badge on named Mike S.  (I think that what his last name started with...)  He was running around everyone in line and was talking with a lot of people.  And when someone asked who he was he said "You don't know who I am?!"  He was not in the convention schedule, and not even in the last minute convention schedule.  I was gonna ask him who he was, but he was busy and never saw him again (after all, he was a guest.)  So who was this guy and what does he do?  Thank You in Advance!

CardCaptorConnor-EX
Now available with an all new dub and newly-translated subtitles!
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 06:43:54 pm »
That was Stark AKA Mike. He used to be apart of the Bakazoku. He was there, be was volenteering, but they gave him a guest badge becuase thety couldn't find them. xD
That's what I heard I belive. :)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 08:37:37 pm »
he was there to help out hes awesome he helps a lot setting up the cosplay contest, when tom and pocky club were waiting for our turn he mentioned the bage saying he told the staff "i'd love to help out but i'm not registerd..."thus he has guest bage
he and his wife help out a lot they rock
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 08:39:08 pm »
mike is  great great guy, very very funny
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 01:48:48 pm »
<3 Stark

:D
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline stark

• Stark!
  • Cabbit
    • http://starkstaebler.com
Re: So who was that Mike guy....?
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 11:34:45 am »
Quote from: "CardCaptorConnor-EX"
...  And when someone asked who he was he said "You don't know who I am?!"  He was not in the convention schedule, and not even in the last minute convention schedule.  I was gonna ask him who he was, but he was busy and never saw him again (after all, he was a guest.)  So who was this guy and what does he do?  Thank You in Advance!

Thank you for your question.  I am Mike Stark.  

There was some mix up before the con, but I will do my best to be on the schedule next year.  I hope to come back to 07 as a guest, but that is up to the guest relations department.  

:D

Anyways, I was one of the original BakaZoku members, so that part is true.  

I enjoy supporting the conventions and enjoy entertaining as I do it.  Case in point is that first line of the con; it's painful and confusion.  So I try my best to keep everyone informed and entertained.  Some people will ask about my status and it's a lot quicker just to make a scene and run off.  

I was asked officially to be staff back in april, but I didn't due to the chaos of the marriage.  (See SakuraCon Cosplay Halftime) I was reminded the Friday before the con by a few of the directors.  Various threats were parlayed and I convinced my wife to come down.  Since they had closed up reg, we weren't officially staff, the directors were tired, and we thought it was funny; we procured guest badges.  I think Chris got one too.

I still think we need to make an official Stark! executive position at KC07.  Something akin to the job Duncan does...  which I have no clue about.
Stark....   [size=15]Stark![/size]
          - Completely unofficial Title -
          Helping Kumoricon since 2003

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 11:38:22 pm »
i nominate mike stark for official Stark executive position at KC07
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Brack

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 01:40:44 am »
I nominate "Tentacle Cosplayer" for Stark executive for KC07.