Author Topic: 2006 October 28th General Meeting: Elections  (Read 20143 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
2006 October 28th General Meeting: Elections
« on: September 18, 2006, 12:53:21 pm »
Time to put in your two cents on who should run this show!

Nominees for all elected positions are listed in the Elections area of the forums. You can add names or give your support there. Info on the meeting itself will be posted here.

As far as the current info:

What: Elections for 2007 Executive Staff
Where: Chemeketa College, Building 9
When: October 28th, 2006 12pm

http://www.chemeketa.edu/exploring/locations/salem/direction.html

For those of you who recognize the address, yes, there will be a fantastic LANIME PARTY directly following the elections! Cosplay encouraged!

See you there!
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline MEDIC!!!

• Sailor Scout
    • FBook
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 01:15:55 pm »
4000 Lancaster Dr Ne
Salem, Oregon 97309

If my Work Schedule goes as planed
The Medic Will Be There

"now back to your regular viewing of naruto"

bye 4 now
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 G37 L41D
Liquid Snake: There's A Killer Inside You
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Boom Baby Boom! I'm The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 06:51:52 pm »
Eric who is running the Lanime party after has offered us a big showing room for some J-Horror movies if we will bring some to show.  So I ask you all who has scary moives for us???  

I already know of one person whom has some J-horror that she will be bring down.
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 09:54:03 pm »
oo i know its not horr but what about moon child?, i could bring my copy
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline numair42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 01:39:22 pm »
Do we have a link to info about the LANIME event that happens afterwards? Hoping to be able to go to that one.

Thanks
2016+ Programming Staff
2015 - Assistant Director of Infrastructure
2009 - 2014 - Programming Staff
2006 & 2007 - Yojimbo

Mic Ninja says "Chaaa~~"

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 03:06:05 pm »
Okay I just got a email back and they would like to have a list of Jhorror movies we are bringing.  

So I need your help  I want to know who is bring what and what we want to watch.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 03:46:21 pm »
Quote from: "numair42"
Do we have a link to info about the LANIME event that happens afterwards? Hoping to be able to go to that one.

Thanks

I have made a topic with the info here:

LANime OCTOBER

hope you all can make it.  It will be a BLAST. :D
The trick is not minding.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 07:10:00 pm »
Okay, this may sound like a lame question, but, since I'm still fairly new to the K-con staff family, I'm gonna ask.

Why do most, (at least most of the ones that I'm familiar with), of the meetings take place at Chemeketa Community College, down in Salem?

Could some of them, other than the last one of the "fiscal" year, be held in Portland?  (I doubt Vancouver would be an option, but I personally would REALLY like that).

Also, since I know that I can't make this meeting, is it possible for me to e-mail my vote to someone and have it count?  Pretty please?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 07:28:18 pm »
Well anything is an option but the real issue is finding just a location that is easy for everyone.  Salem is like middle ground for many of our staff but I am trying to see if the Vancouver Anime club NOVA will host a meeting or two for us and do a Anime night.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 10:34:35 am »
Quote from: "spindrift"
Well anything is an option but the real issue is finding just a location that is easy for everyone.  Salem is like middle ground for many of our staff but I am trying to see if the Vancouver Anime club NOVA will host a meeting or two for us and do a Anime night.

Who the hell is NOVA?  I don't know who that is, but I am the Director of Internal Affairs for the Clark Anime & Japanese Club here at Clark College, in Vancouver, WA.  I see no reason why we couldn't do it here some time, except getting the school to actually okay it; they can be jerks some times.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 05:33:44 pm »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"

Who the hell is NOVA?  I don't know who that is, but I am the Director of Internal Affairs for the Clark Anime & Japanese Club here at Clark College, in Vancouver, WA.  I see no reason why we couldn't do it here some time, except getting the school to actually okay it; they can be jerks some times.

North Oregon and Vancouver Anime.

http://novaanime.org/

No offense, but that "Who the hell is NOVA?" sounded particularly rude to me. Maybe take the time to Google it?

But that's just my two cents.

And on another note, is it possible to call someone at the meeting and have them put in my ballot for me? I'm afraid I won't be able to make this meeting. Thanks.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 05:39:39 pm »
There was more than one meeting in Portland for last year. There were at least four that I remember (I went to three of them). They rotate between Portland, Salem, and Eugene.

Hoping I can make it to this meeting.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 08:17:37 pm »
I can understand that NOVA might be particularly hard to Google unless you think to tack in "anime" into the search...

We hold a lot of out meetings in Salem because it seems half of our staff (and con-goers who attend meetings, whose opinions we also consider) live in Eugene or other parts of Oregon. Salem is, we figure, a compromise location. Plus, LANime offers us free meeting space all the time and it's hard to find meeting space. (I know, I've been doing it for Meg for much of this last year.)

Thanks for the offer, Washougal_Otaku. We can look into having a meeting or two in the 'Couv. I have a few contacts in Student Programs I can talk to, and your anime club's sponsorship will be critical. We may also look into other meeting space in the downtown area of Vancouver, we already have one other space in mind :D
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 11:08:32 pm »
if they let me i will neko as i'll be there :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 08:16:36 am »
Quote from: "guspasho"
Thanks for the offer, Washougal_Otaku. We can look into having a meeting or two in the 'Couv. I have a few contacts in Student Programs I can talk to, and your anime club's sponsorship will be critical. We may also look into other meeting space in the downtown area of Vancouver, we already have one other space in mind :D

Thanks, that sounds great.  If the decision is made to try and come to Clark College, I'll send in the paperwork and get us a room to reserve.  One of the ladies in charge of club-related events would probably eat this up, because she told me that she wants to try & help improve our club's image, & this could help.  Plus, it's pretty easy to get to the campus from Portland.

To EcchiSpice, or whomever, could I send an e-mail to someone for my vote, or probably better, call someone during the time of the meeting?

Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
No offense, but that "Who the hell is NOVA?" sounded particularly rude to me. Maybe take the time to Google it?

To be honest, I don’t care if you found it to be rude or not.  If you’re a member of NOVA, Neko_Chan, then I can understand the frustration of me, a Clark County resident, not being aware of your group.  If you’re not one of them, get over yourself, please.

I used the phrasing that I did as an indicator that I was a little offended that you Oregonians assumed that I had heard of an Oregon/Vancouver group that probably spends 10% of their time up here.  Where do they meet, anyways?

And I don’t use Google, because Google sucks, in my opinion.  If some unfamiliar group is mentioned, it should be the responsibility of the mentioner to indicate what he/she is referring to.  Especially in journalism, for those of you who are working on that article thing that's mentioned on the main page of www.kumoricon.com .

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 09:32:40 am »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"

Thanks, that sounds great.  If the decision is made to try and come to Clark College, I'll send in the paperwork and get us a room to reserve.  One of the ladies in charge of club-related events would probably eat this up, because she told me that she wants to try & help improve our club's image, & this could help.  Plus, it's pretty easy to get to the campus from Portland.

To EcchiSpice, or whomever, could I send an e-mail to someone for my vote, or probably better, call someone during the time of the meeting?

To be honest, I don’t care if you found it to be rude or not.  If you’re a member of NOVA, Neko_Chan, then I can understand the frustration of me, a Clark County resident, not being aware of your group.  If you’re not one of them, get over yourself, please.

I used the phrasing that I did as an indicator that I was a little offended that you Oregonians assumed that I had heard of an Oregon/Vancouver group that probably spends 10% of their time up here.  Where do they meet, anyways?

And I don’t use Google, because Google sucks, in my opinion.  If some unfamiliar group is mentioned, it should be the responsibility of the mentioner to indicate what he/she is referring to.  Especially in journalism, for those of you who are working on that article thing that's mentioned on the main page of www.kumoricon.com .

I live in Corvallis, which, if you didn't know, is no wher near Vancouver, if case you didn't know, because no one's ever bothered to tell you. And just from the acronym you should be able to figure it out.

Jesus, man. Why don't you get over yourself? You come across as a total ass when you said that.

Use some other search engine then? Google isn't the ONLY one out there.

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 11:55:36 am »
Before this gets out of hand, I'd like to invite all of the posters to please read the Code of Conduct for the site. I believe that there is a pretty specific rule about harrassing the other posters.

I'm serious. "Get over yourself"? Not an acceptable phrase.

Please keep the information in this thread on topic.

Gus's information on the meeting schedule is correct.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 09:43:50 am »
Eric who is running the Lanime party after has offered us a big showing room for some J-Horror movies if we will bring some to show.  So I ask you all who has scary moives for us???  

I don't have a copy of it, but I rented it from a nearby Blockbuster.  It's called Marebito.  It has similar cinematography-quality as The Blair Witch Project, but it's actually good.  A true psychological thriller.  If I'm not mistaken, itwas made by the same director as Ju-On 1 & 2.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 05:07:08 pm »
For the record, Google doesn't suck, you just have to know how to use it. For example, if you search for "nova" you won't get anything, but you will have to know in advance that "nova" could be a lot of things. However, searching for "nova anime" you can hit I'm Feeling Lucky and get exactly the site for the organization being referred to here.

Incidentally, I learned this from Ray Korpi in English 102 at Clark several years back. If you have a chance to take a class from him that will cover researching techniques and how to research, I highly recommend it.

Also, if you guys at Clark College still run those weekly anime viewing nights in Foster or whatever, it would be ideal for you if we could combine our meeting with one of your events. But we'll see where Meg wants to be for the meetings when she hammers out the schedule for the year.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Sporty_Otaku

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 09:12:38 am »
For the record, Google doesn't suck, you just have to know how to use it. For example, if you search for "nova" you won't get anything, but you will have to know in advance that "nova" could be a lot of things. However, searching for "nova anime" you can hit I'm Feeling Lucky and get exactly the site for the organization being referred to here.

Incidentally, I learned this from Ray Korpi in English 102 at Clark several years back. If you have a chance to take a class from him that will cover researching techniques and how to research, I highly recommend it.

Also, if you guys at Clark College still run those weekly anime viewing nights in Foster or whatever, it would be ideal for you if we could combine our meeting with one of your events. But we'll see where Meg wants to be for the meetings when she hammers out the schedule for the year.

hello

i also attend clark, and would like it if you guys were to meet here some time

if i'm not mistaken, i think that the anime club at clark had stopped doing weekly showings because of issues with the student government, or something like that

they do have showings sometimes, and want to go back to a weekly schedule again, from what i've heard

bye

p. s.  i agree with washougal that google isnt that great, i prefer yahoo!

p. s. s.  maybe i dont have any place to say this, but neko_cahn, you sound kinda mean and rude yourself.  yeah, washougal could have refrained from saying "what the hell..." but you were kinda mean to him/her
don't expect to hear too much from me

just wanted to drop in and say hi

hi

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 10:19:21 am »
to put it bluntly,

drop it,

argument over,

dont comment on it,

dont reply to it.

If you have more to add in regards to the meeting feel free to continue posting.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 10:39:10 am »
uhhh...
<3 meetings are so fun meeting are so fun <3
i love meetings cuz they are so fun!!!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 10:40:58 am »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
uhhh...

Pocky club loves meetings. :D And meetings love pocky club... Hahaha. May... or June? The one in Eugene at the Chinese resurant was the best one so far. :D We had sooo much pocky hahaha.

Has the hotel Liason already been announced, btw?

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 10:54:51 pm »
I had a question about coming to meetings. Like the ones held before Lanime at chemeketa, can you come in and stay for it if you arent a part of staff and just a regular attendee?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 10:58:52 pm »
uhhh...

Pocky club loves meetings. :D And meetings love pocky club... Hahaha. May... or June? The one in Eugene at the Chinese resurant was the best one so far. :D We had sooo much pocky hahaha.

Has the hotel Liason already been announced, btw?

thats because the june meeting had VonDan and snakes on a plate
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 02:12:34 pm »
Quote from: "kimiski"
I had a question about coming to meetings. Like the ones held before Lanime at chemeketa, can you come in and stay for it if you arent a part of staff and just a regular attendee?

yup kendo boyfriend and i and most of pocky club aren't staff but we like to stay involved and help out and we come to show support and help in any way we can cuz we <3 kumoricon because it is so fun...
just like meetings!!!
meetings are so fun <3, tho if not part of a group or somthing when they break up into groups it gets alittle boring, other wise thos they are so fun

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 09:42:21 pm »
Quote from: "kimiski"

yup kendo boyfriend and i and most of pocky club aren't staff but we like to stay involved and help out and we come to show support and help in any way we can cuz we <3 kumoricon because it is so fun...
just like meetings!!!
meetings are so fun <3, tho if not part of a group or somthing when they break up into groups it gets alittle boring, other wise thos they are so fun

Alright, sweet I'll be there.

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2006, 03:47:24 pm »
Question-ish?

Zach Marsh sent someone a letter regarding a question his group and my own were wondering about. This meeting on saturday, will it be debating the con chair/ who will host Kumoricon in 2007?   I will be there representing his and my group ( seeing as how he lives in Bend) and i just wanted to know if it would be somthing i could talk to someone about either before or after the meeting!

thank you! :D

Kayla (NOTN)

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2006, 03:57:13 pm »
Congratulations to the winners! See this topic for the results:

http://www.kumoricon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3550
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2006, 03:30:58 pm »
for those of us there we know how hard of a dection it was to make
it was a really long debate....
really

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2006, 05:59:48 pm »
I know. That's why I asked the question I did during the chair debate. We could have done the whole process and voiced all the relevant concerns in a whole lot less time if not for so much repetition.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 12:58:18 am »
After all the talk about what Kumoricon is going to look like for 2007, I am very excited about this year.  :P