Author Topic: REMINDER! Make your topic names MEAN something  (Read 3315 times)

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
REMINDER! Make your topic names MEAN something
« on: September 15, 2006, 05:45:18 pm »
I fixed two topic names, since they violated the forum rules.  I figured this would be better than the alternative.

Reminder to please make sure that you don't put titles that don't hold meaning to anyone but yourself.  Please actually say something with your subject, rather than something like "so..."  Even so much as only a game's title is acceptable - but there needs to be more than one or two random words that could lead into just about any conversation.

Reference http://www.kumoricon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2776 - note that the thread is titled "New forum rule; obey this or get banned", and it's from the con chair.  I think that sums up the importance a bit.

Complaints can be directed to my secretary, who can best be described as mean, nasty, evil, and non-existent.  That is all.  

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 11:30:11 pm »
woah, gomen Pez.  i know my thread was one.  but, one thing is... i never saw that because i don't really check forum announcements about a month before i go on the boards.  maybe that should be posted on all forums out in the index?  (and i'll keep that rule in mind ^^')

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 05:22:40 pm »
Forum announcements should be checked by everyone - all rule changes and important things regarding the forum and its status get posted there.  If we put everything into general, it would just push the current topics there down further, and the announcements would also get lost - hence why they are put where they are.

I largely posted so that (1) the rule would be known, and (2) also so that people would realize that I changed the names of their posts, so that they could still find them.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=