Author Topic: Requesting photos/links  (Read 6682 times)

Offline bluecutter

• Oni
Requesting photos/links
« on: September 10, 2006, 08:36:32 pm »
I would like to know who were the people that won the tournaments, kareokee, cosplay, etc.  I haven't looked too much but I thought it would be awesome to see the winners of those things.  
Thanks a bunch.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 04:37:23 pm »
Same.
I got second in the DDR Score tourney, and I want to know what they did with the pictures. xD
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 10:06:48 pm »
@bluecutter + tofu
you should've gone to the closing ceremonies. all the winners were mentioned there.

@tofu
yeah, i got my pic taken for Guitar Hero 1st place but i dunno what's gonna happen to the pic... >  >  (as well as my prize...)  >  > ... (if anyone got any prize)  er.. anyways, i wanna know what's happening to the pics too.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 08:58:12 pm »
I was playing Beatmania IIDX 12th Style: Happy Sky.
Nobody in their right minds would miss out on that. ;D

I got $5 in KumoriKash for my second.
AFTER the verdors' room closed. Dx

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 11:42:48 pm »
*boom* well at least you got kash. i heard i was supposed to get $10... but the guy just ran off...
I WANTED TO PLAY BEATMANIA! but the guy was like 'mine, i play' (not really, but you know.  he was just showing his mad beginner skillz possibly as advertisement...)

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 02:36:56 am »
D-Man got 1st place in the SSBM tournament, forgot who got 2nd, and I placed third.

I also saw D-Man's name on the projector under the Soul Calibur III winners.

Jade won the Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 tournament

The Anime Hunters won Best in Show for "The Battle You Never Saw" in the Cosplay Contest.

The Ninja of the Night won Best Skit in the Cosplay Contest.

D-Man won first place in the Karaoke Idol.
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 04:45:31 pm »
Quote from: "CaoCao433"
*boom* well at least you got kash. i heard i was supposed to get $10... but the guy just ran off...
I WANTED TO PLAY BEATMANIA! but the guy was like 'mine, i play' (not really, but you know.  he was just showing his mad beginner skillz possibly as advertisement...)
Do you think we can talk Wunderland into getting a Beatmania Machine at Gateway or Avalon? :o
A friend of mine is trying to organise for Lloyd Tilt! to get a KeyBoard Mania machine.
We're on a quest to restock Portland with music games. :wink:

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 06:32:12 pm »
hm...i go to the Wunderland in Beaverton...  =\  this Wunderland already has 3 music games.  DDR, GuitarFreaks, and DanceManiax.  so, i think that i wouldn't want a Beatmania machine all the way over there. i'll help anyways though! XD  i hate Tilt because of the fact that they had ITG replacing DDR. and also because their machines are way broken.  another way to restock portland with music/sim games is too throw a giant Bemani/any other music game company party.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 11:21:16 pm »
We've got your old Percussion Freaks machine and a DDR Extreme machine.
What in the HELL did you guys do that that Percussion Freaks machine?!?!
Total piece o' crap. :?

ITG2 > DDR Ex.
DDR 5th > ITG2
SuperNova > ITG2
5th mix > SuperNova
DDR USA < FFR

Offline kalira

• Chibi
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 10:14:11 am »
Getting DDR, ITG2, Beatmania or other such machines are REALLY REALLY exspensive.  I found one place last year that was willing to rent one at the tune of about $3000+ for the weekend.  The only other option I found was one that wanted it set up as a pay machine and I am not willing to charge attendies to pay for games at a convention that they paid to get in to.  As always we have been looking for a machine, but never found one that was reasonable.  We have a plan for next year but we will have to see how it pans out.

**EDIT** Also, we have tried wonderland and they will not even consider renting for any cost.  I will get a hold of Helsap that has the pics and get them posted here as well as the results.  **EDIT**

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 07:32:56 pm »
Quote from: "DancingTofu"
ITG2 > DDR Ex.
DDR 5th > ITG2
SuperNova > ITG2
5th mix > SuperNova
DDR USA < FFR

Sooooooo....
5th mix > Supernova > ITG2 > DDR Ex.
and
DDR USA < FFR?

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 11:53:29 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Quote from: "DancingTofu"
ITG2 > DDR Ex.
DDR 5th > ITG2
SuperNova > ITG2
5th mix > SuperNova
DDR USA < FFR

Sooooooo....
5th mix > Supernova > ITG2 > DDR Ex.
and
DDR USA < FFR?

hmm...i think SM < ALL* (*'cept the arcade machines*... *unless SM is on an arcade cabinet*)

aH!  kalira!  ebay had DDR 8th mix machine for about $3000.  if you look around the small or big weird arcades that have old machines, they'll probably sell them when they get new ones.  and with old machines, you can replace the hardware on it to switch mixes... even possibly to SM ^^.

WE DID NOTHING, TOFU!!! YOU DID IT!!! ...*ahem* i'm just kidding. i dunno what's wrong with it, but, i know sure as hell that we didn't do ANYTHING to it. last time i played on it, it was perfectly fine... then again, i did suck at the thing, so i wouldn't know.  ^^.

8th mix upgrade-age kit.
DDR Max/6th mix cabinet. current price: $2,500.  shipping unknown.  bidding over the 24th.
Note: these are just to show what we can do if we want a machine. *ahem*.... i'll be quiet now.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 06:46:44 pm »
Quote from: "kalira"
Getting DDR, ITG2, Beatmania or other such machines are REALLY REALLY exspensive.  I found one place last year that was willing to rent one at the tune of about $3000+ for the weekend.  The only other option I found was one that wanted it set up as a pay machine and I am not willing to charge attendies to pay for games at a convention that they paid to get in to.  As always we have been looking for a machine, but never found one that was reasonable.  We have a plan for next year but we will have to see how it pans out.

**EDIT** Also, we have tried wonderland and they will not even consider renting for any cost.  I will get a hold of Helsap that has the pics and get them posted here as well as the results.  **EDIT**
$3000 for the weekend?!
You could BUY a Cab for 3 grand!
[insert many people screaming in anger]
Seriously, that's some serious crap.
((I typed this before reading CaoCao's post. xP
So yeah, pretty much what he said))

Is it okay if I bring my setup to K-con 2007 though?
I could probably see if I could get all the DDRSuperNova songs for Stepmania and bring that. (or ITG3, or just put all my favourite songs on it and hope people like the same songs as I do. xD)
Just a good screen and a couple adaptors and you'd have a really nice SM -- SuperNova machine to use.
And I'm building a couple arcade-style custom pads.
I'm attaching fold-in bars too, once I finish the base.

SM is god of all floor-panel dance games because you can MAKE your own songs for it.
And it works 4-panel, 5-panel, 6-panel, 8-panel, and 10-panel.
Which is pretty much awesome.
Although. . . no 9-panel or 12-panel, I don't think.
Hooking up 2 CF's and playing 9-panel doubles (18-panel) would be amazing.
But you could plug up to 8 into a PS2 with 2 multitaps)
So. . . 72-panel time? xD

DDRUSA = one of the worse things ever created.
I think they should all be upgraded to SuperNova IMMEDIATELY or dj TAKA will eat the owners' spleens.[/quote]

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 05:35:25 pm »
(osht, i said SM<ALL when i meant SM>ALL XD)  achoo?
k, tofu, man, DDRSN is probably gonna be another 8th mix but with more songs (you know, just another collection of old DDR songs and then some *coughhopefullynotlikeEX2withcrappyr&b/rapsongsthathaveNOTHINGtodowithDDR>=[orlikeregularEXwhenitcameoutanddidn'thavemanygoodsongs>=[cough*)
yes, SM really does pwn...  72panels? oO i'd love to see that happen. ^^
(you know, tofu, perhaps this should be dragged into the DDR topic, you know, where it belongs...  'cuz this is turning into a 2nd DDR topic now ... >  >

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Requesting photos/links
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 08:20:20 pm »
SuperNova is better than Extreme.
Reason 1: harder songs.
Reason 2: new songs (something we haven't seen since ITG2)
Reason 3: Colour scemes.
Reason 4: We already have plenty of Extremes.

The homeversion's going to rock.
4-player, finally. >_<
UM4 looks pretty good too.

72-panel: Dance Floor mode!
2 rows of three and a row of two.
That would be truly amazing. :o

(yeah, not a bad idea. xP)