Poll

Staff and Volenteer Ball or Staff Dinner?

Ball
3 (42.9%)
Dinner
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: September 09, 2006, 12:53:30 pm

Author Topic: Staff/Volenteer Ball or Staff Dinner?  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
Staff/Volenteer Ball or Staff Dinner?
« on: September 09, 2006, 12:53:30 pm »
So there was a nice party with volenteers and staff this year and it got me thinking...

Instead of a staff dinner which is very limited, could we throw a Staff/Volenteer ball? Get alot of drinks, pizza, fruit, pocky, ect. Thow some anime or AMVs on a screen. Maybe have a mini rewards ceramony and a raffle?
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline modab

• Founder
  • Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 01:14:56 pm »
That would be fun.
It would also be difficult, because it seems like it would be ideal to have it at the con itself, but unfortunately, that almost always means we have to have the hotel cater it (it's in any hotel contract we sign) and that would cost at least $20 a person, if not way more.
We barely got away with having a smallish yojimbo party and ordering pizza. It worked because we did it in one of the actual bedrooms, and not con space, and because we didn't let the hotel know about it. No way we'd be able to get away with that in official con space.
So ultimately, we can't spend approximately 100 staff x $25 = $2500 minimum on a con after-party, considering that's 5% of our budget.
Peter Verrey, Founder

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 09:08:04 pm »
Painful.

Still fun to consider and maybe worth looking into, Some pizza places do have meeting room...
Click me! Help me hatch!