Author Topic: the ^ < V game  (Read 1559033 times)

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
Re: the ^ < V game
« Reply #26500 on: July 10, 2012, 08:47:42 pm »
^Bunny ears, only because cats are ungrateful little beast
<Finally got a move-on with the Aipom gijinka
V How would you feel if it turned out Kumoricon was last weekend and you didn't get to go?
Don't call me small I'll break down your feet and stick 'em on your head!

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26501 on: July 12, 2012, 11:08:16 am »
^ Laugh my face off at the severe lack of upkeep the website staff would have had. If they dare change the date without updating the site, then they would have a massive lack of attendance, in which case a big apology note would be demanded by the populace.
If everything did change without me knowing, and K-con indeed was last weekend, I would wonder why fate chose to screw me over like that, but would simply do what I regualrly do until the next con appears on the horizon.

< Lucky for us our site staff are hard-working, imperfect people who would never change anything without notifying us about it.
(Not sucking up, tis' the truth)

V As the countdown to the con is right on track, what part of it are you preparing for?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #26502 on: July 14, 2012, 10:17:51 pm »
^ EVERYTHING. No joke. :|

< I don't know who I'm rooming with yet even.

V Anyone else REALLY want to go to SDCC(San Diego Comic Con) next year?

2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline otakunobody

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26503 on: July 16, 2012, 07:18:39 pm »
^ Not really
< Not really sure what that is
V Starting to panic over lack of time?
Kumoricon 2015
- Kiki [Kiki's Delivery Service]
- Hiro [Big Hero 6]

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #26504 on: July 16, 2012, 07:46:26 pm »
^ A little bit, yes. First con I'm actually worried about not finishing all my cosplays D:

< Thinking of drawing a bit and listening to Matryoshka

v How much of your cosplay(s) do you need to finish before the con?

(On a side note I really wanna go to SDCC next year ;u; )

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26505 on: July 16, 2012, 08:24:45 pm »
^ One, it still needs to have the tail and ears finished and maybe buy a wig
< Amount of money for cosplay and Kumoricon starting to run low...
V Have you ever run out of money for a Con?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26506 on: July 17, 2012, 08:33:15 pm »
^ Not always. I plan out how much I'll spend months before the actual event ( actually, im spending money like a maniac for things to make my FEM! Scout cosplay...grrr... ^_^; )

< Lying in a bed and texting one of my friends (she might go to Kumoricon this year with me!!! :D)

V Have you ever invited a friend with you to a con? And if so, how was it?
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #26507 on: July 17, 2012, 09:03:58 pm »
^ Yes I have! It was really fun, and he's coming again this year~ :D

< Still thinking about drawing and listening to nothing even though I have my headphones on

v How well can you draw?

Offline lilyrosa143

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26508 on: July 20, 2012, 12:36:08 pm »
^ the only thing I'm good at drawing is realistic portraits (only faces) of people who don't exist. :P

< sitting on a hot deck in Florida being excited for the con.

v Would you rather get an all-expense payed trip to every country in the world (except the ones you don't want to go too) or get to go to every american con for free for the rest of your life?
What does man value more than life, yet fear more than death and mortal strife? What the poor have the rich require, and what contented men desire. What the mizer spends and the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to there graves.

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26509 on: July 20, 2012, 02:57:43 pm »
^ Id rather go to every american convention for free, to be honest c:

< Home from shopping for things for my Scout cosplay (FINALLY) and all hyped up from drinking a Monster and eating pudding.

V What does your diet at anime cons usually consist of?
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #26510 on: July 24, 2012, 11:13:39 pm »
^ Snack foods, fast food, juice, soda, cereal

< Watching Go-Busters. Japanese super sentai is soooo much better than american power rangers. Does not even compare since it's not aimed at little kids.

V Favorite series?
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26511 on: July 25, 2012, 04:11:29 pm »
^ For anime, my favorite series by far is Soul Eater. c:

< Just got back from a mile walk in 80-something degree weather.

V Do you prefer to stay inside or go outside during hot weather?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26512 on: July 25, 2012, 05:01:45 pm »
^ Staying inside, I can't stand hot weather
< It's official, I hate cats
V What is one animal you can't stand?

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #26513 on: July 26, 2012, 03:13:08 pm »
^ Spiders. ;_ ;

< I actually woke up to a spider dangling above me coming closer to my face, this morning. It freaked me out.

V What's your worst nightmare?
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26514 on: July 26, 2012, 10:13:12 pm »
^ It was long and I had it two nights in a row, I feel like it was trying to tell me something, but one of my fears if of the world ending, and I ended up dying after being chased by something. I assume that thing was zombies.

< Now that I think about it, it looked like of like Call of Duty Black ops. lol

V Currant goal?
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26515 on: July 27, 2012, 12:15:56 am »
^ My current goal is actually to lose around 35 lbs xD But my current goal is to freaking finally finish (lol alliteration <3) my earpiece for my cosplay this week. In fact, my goal is to just FINISH my cosplays this week. I'm almost done with both of em c:

< Im actually feeling super tired for once. Lately I havent been feeling tired until later at night.

V What is the most difficult part of your cosplay you're working on?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26516 on: July 27, 2012, 12:45:10 am »
^ The way that it is going to fit. The cosplay I'm making right now, isn't for me. So, I'm being super careful and super cautious of how I work on it.

< I'm excited to see how it al turns out though. If it works how I expect it too, it will be very nice.

V Is cosplay a big part of your life, or is it just something you do when you feel like it?

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #26517 on: July 28, 2012, 01:52:09 am »
^ It's a pretty big part of my life. I've met most of my close friends because I got into cosplay and there's so many things I've gotten to do that I might not have done otherwise.

< I've also gotten more outgoing from being around so many people all the time.

V Do you think you've changed since the first con you've been to?
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26518 on: July 28, 2012, 05:49:38 pm »
^ YES. IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. xD Cosplay wise and how I make them: Yes. I started going to anime conventions as this big weeaboo, wearing a lame attempt cosplay to show my crazy spirit. Now, I've been more serious about cosplay, in the way of focusing more on the definition of "cosplay". But, I still have crazy good fun c: And now, I ACTUALLY PLAN. When I started out at anime cons, I never really went to panels and was usually the last one to show up at a photoshoot or autograph panel. After my second convention (Sakuracon 2010), I've pre-planned and organized everything better each year. I HAVE changed drastically XD

< Making banana bread and planning my whole month out (I'm going to be SUPER busy with friends for the next three weeks, WHILE having a summer reading book to finish before school starts in September. The chapters are long and it's kind of boring in the beginning :c )

V What is one thing you regret doing or have happen at a previous anime convention? (I know something like this has happened to you all out there >;D )
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26519 on: July 28, 2012, 08:41:07 pm »
^ I think I do. Probably ignoring certain people, not going up and talking to theres. It always involves people. I think the main one I have though, is during Kumo 10 My pants busted open at the Avatar phone shoot. Was probably the most embarrassing thing ever in the history of my life.
< Yeah, that year could have been better, but I had an okay time.

V Ever had a serious cosplayer crush? (a crush you get on someone by seeing their costume.)

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #26520 on: July 29, 2012, 09:47:04 pm »
^ Nope. I may think someone's attractive in their costume, but I've never actually developed a crush on someone because of it.

< I usually meet people in person first before I actually have a crush on them.

V Have you gone to a different con from your normal ones, just to meet someone before?
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26521 on: July 29, 2012, 10:27:40 pm »
^ Nope. One of my friends on dA invited me to go to Otakon, but I declined ^^;

< Drowning in sorrow because I'm trying to buy used, big headphones for my cosplay, but I can't find anything ): I'm also listening to some ADTR since it helps me a bit D:

V What is a tradition for you when going to certain conventions?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26522 on: July 30, 2012, 03:26:24 am »
^ For Kumo it is always being ready last minute it seems. But every year since I began going, I go/see/hang out with my school friends.

< And these are friends I've known since middle school. So it makes my heart soar to know that after so many years we're all stil friends. <3

V Got a Job? If so, does it suck? If not, what kind of job do you wish you had?

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #26523 on: July 30, 2012, 01:51:29 pm »
^ Nope, no job. I'm too young, haha~ And the kind of job I wish I had would be...a well paying one I at least mildly liked? D: I dunno.

< Now contemplating what kind of job I would want ouo;;; And wishing I had a bit more money to spend on cosplay stuff.

v How many times have you run into the problem of being short on money while getting ready for a con?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26524 on: July 30, 2012, 08:27:28 pm »
^ Not often, actually. But, right now, I've been spending money on my cosplay stuff CRAZY for every dollar I find/earn. I just found $20 in my closet the other day, and I know I have $10 in my wallet (which is missing somewhere...D': ) So soon enough, I'll be going around, shopping like CRAZY for cosplay stuff now that it's getting close to last minute.

< Which reminds me, this week/weekend, I need to get my butt in-gear for buying the final things I need, but I'm feeling kind of sick lately...

V Have you ever HAD to skip out on a convention? If so, what was the reason? (i.e: sickness, over-lapping event, etc.)
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26525 on: July 30, 2012, 10:10:33 pm »
I didn't go to Sakura-con this year because of funds and lack of people to really experience it with.

I also had a lot of friend drama at the time, and didn't really wanna go to another con for a while.

What did you do today?

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26526 on: July 31, 2012, 10:16:59 am »
^ = today i didn't wake up because i didn't go to sleep last night, due to my ear hurting very badly thanks to salty ocean air, luckly its not as bad anymore

< = right now i am failing at coloring something

V = what do you want for christmas little boy? were you bad enough for krampus to come after you? or were you a good boy/girl who deserves presents?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26527 on: July 31, 2012, 10:57:34 am »
^ I've been a very good girl this year -^.^- And I don't really know what I want for christmas. I pretty much just want money...or a new laptop that I'll use...

< Drawing a small picture of one of my OCs...like I always do...XD

V Can you draw anime/manga/chibi? If not, then do you know a friend who can?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26528 on: July 31, 2012, 11:55:29 am »
^ = i can draw in manga style, and i love doing chibis alot~ i wish i could get better on coloring, i need to work at it

< = i am stoked cause my wig is supose to come in before i need it~ whitch is good ._.

V = pop tarts... or toaster stroodles.... i want an opinion before i eat either

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26529 on: July 31, 2012, 02:57:21 pm »
I like toaster stroodles! the strawberry ones taste good if you make them super hot, and then put ice cream on them. XD My dad showed me that since he's such a fat kid. (even though he's a stick)

I got tired of putting the <^> things. So I gave up.

8D It's a new day! Got any plans?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26530 on: July 31, 2012, 04:57:03 pm »
^ No. XD. I'm working on the bag for my cosplay though. And I have a summer freaking reading book I have to finish reading by the time school starts =___=

< Currently craving Wheat Thins. I have a big box of em next to me right now o3o

V What food are you craving right now?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26531 on: July 31, 2012, 06:48:10 pm »
^ i am seriously craving polish sausage... yes... kielbasa...

< i am chewing on my headphones chord i probably shouldnt do that >.>

V what is the most disgusting food you can think of, thats actual food, mine is raisins and banana's combined ew

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26532 on: July 31, 2012, 07:43:18 pm »
^ Either under-done scrambled eggs or deep-fried alligator. Yes, there is such thing. I've had it in New Orleans once. It smelled and tasted like a combo of VERY moist chicken, seawater, and fish. Freaking GROSS.

< Going to continue on a bag I'm sewing for my cosplay. I've cut everything out, but now I need to actually set up my sewing machine and sew it all.

V Do you sew? If so, what kinds of things do you make? If not, have you ever had an interest in doing it?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #26533 on: July 31, 2012, 09:16:00 pm »
^ I tried to take up sewing various things last summer but kinda stopped doing it D; I did manage to sew a plushie sort of thing for my sister, though~!

< Getting slightly worried because I haven't made any progress in my cosplays for a while D:

v Are you the type of person to finish your cosplays as quickly as possible or procrastinate and take your sweet time with them?

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #26534 on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:25 pm »
i procrastinate till the last minute
i didnt start on my black rock cannon (last year) till kcon was only a week away... took me sleepless nights to finish it XD

working on my insane black rock armor-- framework and foundation of shin armor is almost done~<3

how many times have you had an annoying kcon roomie?
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26535 on: July 31, 2012, 10:51:15 pm »
Only once, but to be honest, it doesn't have to do with "if the person is annoying", its if they do irritating things.

Because I can tolerate plenty, and so I can put up with a bit. But I had to end a friendship because of someone ruining my con. Its the people that make con fun. So, please, if you're going to do irritating things, and you aren't sure if it's irritating, ask your roomates first. Because setting up room rules straight up is very effective.

one a scale of, easy-------------------------------------hard-------------------------------------------------oh hell nah, I'm killing myself. How hard is your most difficult cosplay.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:52:09 pm by Naruchan »

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26536 on: July 31, 2012, 10:58:01 pm »
I'd rate it: difficult but only because I can't/ don't know how to sew, so it makes things more difficult

Which reminds me I still need two wigs and some more things for my surprise cosplay which will not be cheap

What has been the hardest thing you've had to make for a cosplay?

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26537 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:15 pm »
I'd say, The Summoner Yuna cosplay I made a few years back. My skill level has improved though, so, If I were to do it over again, it would look sooooo much better!

But the most difficult of my own cosplays, probably my persona cosplays. Because I had to hand embellish everything.

Do the little details matter?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26538 on: August 01, 2012, 09:22:26 am »
For me, yes. Since my first time cosplaying, I wanted to do much better, because I knew I could improve on my cosplay-creating skills. To keep improving, right now, I'm adding in even the non-biggest-deal of detail.

There are guys cleaning our roof now...and my house smells of chlorine...or something...I should probably get to work on my cosplay...|:

What events are you looking forward to for Kumoricon this year? Any panels/photoshoots you're excited about?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #26539 on: August 01, 2012, 10:43:38 am »
in all honesty, im not really excited with the events, im more excited to meet other cosplayers and see the place get flooded by cosplay~<3

i wanna work on my cosplay but i has class today QAQ

what do you feel of guys crossplaying? the BADASS AWESOME ones i mean
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26540 on: August 01, 2012, 12:55:32 pm »
^ I'm quite amazed at how one person can accomplish crossplay well. I've crossplayed in the past, but never did the binding technique and/or made myself look more of a man.

< Almost done with my bag!!! I'm EXTREMELY relieved that I'm able to finish it all in half a day.

V Have you ever crossplayed before? Have you ever had thoughts on doing it?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline 4evaRyuk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26541 on: August 01, 2012, 02:28:55 pm »
That's what I love about cosplaying, you can be whoever or whatever you want and nobody cares. I have have thought about doing it I just can't find anyone who I want to crossplay.

I keep spending so much money and I shouldn't be >.< Thank goodness the people I'm cat-sitting for pay a lot of money

What's the most money you've ever spent on a cosplay and didn't mean to? (You can skip this question, it kinda seems personal)

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26542 on: August 01, 2012, 03:52:17 pm »
around 100-150 dollars.

Even with coupons, bro. Expensive.

Do you go to college? (or highschool, if you are a young'n)

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #26543 on: August 01, 2012, 04:21:04 pm »
^ I'm just about to go to high school >.< I'm so young compared to everyone here~

< Speaking of school I should probably start on my summer assignments...

v How good are you at completing long term assignments? Do you prefer to use as much time as you can to get in all the details and such, or are you good with focusing on the big picture and not the details? (Long question is long @.@;;; )

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26544 on: August 01, 2012, 05:11:26 pm »
^ If I have a long time to do it, I usually get the big picture done early on, and then add in details over time.

< It really depends on the subject of the assignment. If its history based, It will probably be done sooner in my case. XD

V What are your most difficult subjects in school? What are your strong subjects?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26545 on: August 01, 2012, 08:48:14 pm »
Most difficult would be Science, and sometimes English. Most assignments are easy, but every time I get one little assignment failed, my grade drops immediately. On big assignments, or a lot of regular ones, if I do well, my grade barely raises x: My strong subjects are always electives. And Math.

Which reminds me, we have a summer reading book that we have to finish reading by the time school starts .__. I don't wanna read...

What was the last book/novel you read? Is/Was it any good?
Good News and Bad News.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26546 on: August 01, 2012, 09:45:25 pm »
The girl with the dragon tattoo is the last book I read. I'm reading the sequel now.

It's probably one of my favorite trilogies. XD My favorite book is Lord of the Flies though.

favorite book? have you read it more then once?

Offline Kisa-chann

• Cabbit
« Reply #26547 on: August 01, 2012, 09:59:10 pm »
^ Ooooh, probably I Never Promised You A Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg. I can read that book a million times :D

< Speaking of books, I'm excited for a new book from a series to come out in September! It comes out the first day of school, though D:

v Which do you prefer, standalone books or books in a series? Why?

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26548 on: August 01, 2012, 10:12:56 pm »
I like to read a book not knowing its in a series. BECAUSE THEN WHEN I FIND OUT, I'M LIKE... YES!

That's what happened with the Hunger Games. XD

Do you actually buy Manga, or do you read it online? Or do you not read it at all? If so, why?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26549 on: August 01, 2012, 10:42:41 pm »
I actually buy it XD. Although I don't have much volumes of any manga (I'm trying to buy the Soul Eater manga and read it. I finished the anime and I just really want to read the manga, since more happens later >__<) I still just read it. I've never read any manga online, for the record xD

I'm actually thinking of buying mostly mangas when I go to K-con...I don't usually do so, but since Vancouver's 3 hours or more from my house, I'll definately be doing something on the way home (LIKE READING <3 ) while my mom has to...drive. XD

Will the trip to Kumoricon be aggravating for you? Or do you live locally?
Good News and Bad News.