News > Forum Announcements Archives

Updates to the forums coming

(1/7) > >>

guspasho:
Just so everyone expects it, I'll be updating the forums to the latest version of phpBB shortly. Knowing phpBB, there may be some snags. Hopefully not major ones.

More importantly, I'll also be replacing phpBB with Simple Machines Forums in the near future. This will provide us with a lot more features. We will be able to do more stuff with moderation, and implementing modifications (and removing them!) will be a LOT easier. Things may look a lot different but all of your information will still be there. Your old threads, your profiles, everything will import over.

Consider this a public input session. Any questions? Concerns with SMF? I'll even entertain alternative recommendations.

Dustin:
I've never heard of that particular forum. I'd love to see the Kumoricon forums using vBulliten, myself. Thats probably just me, because I honestly think thats the best forums out there.

I look forward to the change. :D

EcchiSpice:
Can we consider a chat room? We can't control moderation, but think of the amount of staff and volunteer coordination that could happen. I believe our attendees will behave, and if not, we can come up with a plan of action.

Trumby:

--- Quote from: "EcchiSpice" ---Can we consider a chat room? We can't control moderation, but think of the amount of staff and volunteer coordination that could happen. I believe our attendees will behave, and if not, we can come up with a plan of action.
--- End quote ---

I don't know the logistics of it, but we could probably do the java type irc chat here on the site, then anyone else that knows irc can just jump on irc.

I don't know a whole lot about forum software unfortunately, but I am pretty sure vb3 has a chat room feature that actually allows your forum moderators and the like to be able to moderate the chat (can easily do the same with irc) when they are there.

guspasho:
A chatroom is an entirely different issue.

vBullitin costs money so there's no way we will be switching to that. SMF, like phpBB, is free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version